3 on 3 rucks? Penalties to come?

I think Rick’s have slowly but surely improved slightly however I don’t see why each side needs exactly 3 players over the ball.

Irl if a team is a running the ball fast and have momentum they will only commit maybe one player to the ruck in order to keep fast ball and have more men in the attack. Same for defence as their players will be trying to stay in position rather than stand over the ruck meaninglessly.

If you could adjust rucks to not just be specifically 3 on 3 I think there would be a lot more realism and it would help the game flow and build momentum more.

I also think there should be more ruck penalties given for holding on etc as that’s a big part of the game (ps: I know a lot of penalty rules aren’t fully added yet so I understand if you just haven’t added that yet)

Keep us updated with the work you guys are doing just to try keep us interested pls!
Thanks for the update but still a long way to go.
I believer in you guys, here’s to a good rugby game and great video game content to come!
:v:

3 Likes

I agree… this area of the game needs some specific focus as it’s one of the main areas. It’s something that happens every 5-6 seconds during play. Agree with everything about rucks and the strategy behind who you commit and when, going for quick ball vs securing and taking your time.

Penalties would be great too. I just think the ruck is so dynamic in real life. We need at least 15 - 20 ruck animations if they want to make them static, and just have a bunch of different interactions where people are scrappy and pushing each other around or completely clearing the defender out and plowing through the ruck. (That should result in quick ball)

I was trying to make a post about rucks also but I keep getting an error that says I’m not permitted to view the requested resource… Can’t find anything in the FAQ about I have to wait or anything :grimacing:

5 Likes

Agreed, and on the occasion we should be able to add 4-5 players, Ruby challenge 3 ruck management was great could add up to 5 and remove. I know it is rare 4-5 normally 2-3 but we should be able to control this, risk vs reward system. Maybe one button to add backs one button to add forwards and another combo to have even 9 which he now joins sometimes at random. Ruck control is a huge part of Rugby flow, it must not be overlooked. Jackles, holding on, 3-4 player clear outs, penaltys, in rucks should all be in a Rugby simulation. Trying to determine who and how many to send into the ruck is part of the fun. In Rugby when a defensive player turns the ball over at the ruck they celebrate like they scored a try, its a huge part of Rugby, these mechanics should be in a Rugby game. We do not want dumb down rucks.

4 Likes