Anyone else have This issue

when ever I am playing management mode on my ps4 with custom sliders the ai are just kicking to each other like normal then out of no where will just kick it out on the full

The issue I’ve found is the ai will just play kick to kick in the backline and it massively skews the marking, kicking and disposal numbers. I am playing on hardest difficulty but really not sure what’s causing the ai to just chip it around the backline and not even try to move the ball forward.

![IMG_5594|462x1000]
(upload://6ipCSxpCZoDeDRfYkI8BzSoFjqF.jpeg)

Happened to me today just in a single match. Opposition (Essendon in this case) would just chip it around in defence (totally unmarked mind you) then spray it out on the full.

AI is absolutely cooked in this game. Even when you have the ball the running patterns of your AI teammates are just ridiculous.

Keen to know which AFL assistant coach helped out with the AI. Although that could be another baseless Big Ant claim though.

1 Like

Happens all the time for me and it pisses me off

Happens a bit when my Defensive tactic is some form of zone.
Now, when I see the first switch of play, I change to Locate to go man-on-man… but that risks opening up the ground further afield.

Kinda defeats the purpose of playing a zone if I have to change it to man just so the ai will kick the ball up the ground. The whole point of playing zone is to make it hard for the opposition to move the ball up the ground

2 Likes

Using locate tactic for me often makes the ai players on the ai team constantly kicking the ball out on the full. I’ve started to utilize the the other tactics and it helps

Isn’t that the point though?
The AI see your zone, and realize they can’t move it straight up the ground, so go to switch instead and try to move forward a different way?
You can switch to Locate to ‘press’, then switch back to any sort of zone once that press has hopefully changed the situation. Just use the D-Pad for quick tactics changes between the two.

I totally agree with you there, it was just in my instance they didn’t move the ball forward at all, just sideways kicks. I was just saying it shouldn’t be my responsibility to have to change how I defend just so the ai will then try and kick the ball forward

1 Like

So we need to change our tactics because the AI are so dumb when confronted with a zone they continually switch the ball around before they spray the ball out of bounds?

It’s broken and needs patching. Add it to the list.

1 Like