Career Mode - New Information and Tips!

Sharing a few insights about Career Mode I learned from the support team and from other forums . The game isn’t very good with explaining some things so I wanted to write them all out together. If I missed anything that isn’t well known please write it in a comment here to help more people.

The team is aware Reputation isn’t working (the scale doesn’t move) and are looking into addressing it. I did a press conference yesterday following the 3rd October Patch. It happened after beating Zverev in Hamburg SF but it didn’t change the Reputation Scale.

As for the Reputation bar icons, the trophy represents “head in the game” and the camera represents “image focused” with the scales in the middle showing ‘balance’. A player who is leaning towards “head in the game” will receive an energy bonus, a player in the middle will receive an XP bonus, and a player leaning towards “image focused” will receive a sponsorship bonus.

Newly Added Players

If you have an active Career Mode player, and Big Ant adds a new player - they will not appear in your career. You will have to start a new career. They are also aware of this and are looking into for consideration of how new players could be included in older careers in the future.

This kinda sucks especially since Top Spin 2K were able to do this with Jannik Sinner addition - he appeared instantly in existing rankings, tournaments.

Star Players in Career Mode

If you chose to play a Star Player as your Career Mode - their training is intentionally locked. The star players have set statistics that are not meant to change. In my opinion this is wrong, in other sports games I’ve played (Madden lol) your existing star players get better and then decrease in skill as they age.

Star Players in Career Mode have Press Conferences (I got one after losing as Katie Boulter to an unseeded player 1st Round of Australia Open) but not sure about Sponsorships. Both Star and MyPlayer Careers can advance above a year, and everyone ages 1 year when the calendar flips. I’ve seen people say Djokovic retires after 1 year of Career. Not sure if it’s true and how this works - does it get posted in “My Activity” feed?

Trainings

You don’t need to max out 3/3 slots for training per week. If you do less (1 or 2 slots) it’s more forgiving. Below are examples of 3/3 Precision Training and 1/3 Precision Training.

Some of them are still pretty hard and I hope they remove the lives or make the boxes even bigger.

Additionally, there is a way to “cheat” the training . If you are running low on lives and cannot mathematically complete it - you can exit the game. On PC just click your Start Menu button and X the game (close it from the task bar or task manager). On PS someone said they went back to PS Home and closed it there. When you re-open the game you’ll be able to trigger the training from the beginning.

2 Likes

thank u for the info

1 Like

CHEATING!!! How dare you!
JK
In my testing with the new players, they should appear in old careers.
They just may not be high ranked, you should be able to see them in the rankings list.

3 Likes

Oh dang… nothing to see here, carry on! Jokes jokes :smiley:

For new players - were you ATP or WTA? I have an old career with Katie Boulter (since Tiebreak official release), and searched the names of new players - none returned, even low in the rankings. Tried first and last names and made sure to advance the week (so the career “updates” the rankings / players).

This is the exact quote I got from support team - “At the moment, you will need to start a new career in order to see new players and updates as careers/competitions take a snapshot of the academy at the time they are created. This is something the team is looking into for consideration of how new players could be included in older careers in the future.”

Yeah, you are right, hmmm.
Oh, I see where I went wrong. Was on my Dev save not my normal one, marked them wrong. Thats my fault.

1 Like

Thank you. This is extremely helpful.

My only concerns now is not being able to attach a custom stadium to a Grand Slam event in career mode.

Also there is a problem with hit styles still in career mode. This shouldn’t be something that you have to unlock. You should already start with every option

2 Likes

Do you unlock the other venues in career mode for Play Now and why has Sydney,Brisbane and Perth not been put back in Play Now like you said they would ?

Update: It seems combining Service training with another trait is the easiest way to upgrade skills.

Also regarding Charity Matches - from the Big Ant Team - “The charity matches I have fixed up and will go out with a future update. There were some unusual requirements to access them, so they will be open at all times once that goes live. But you can still get say the first ones at least in the February charity match. “

One trait per time seems easier but I wish there was an option to apply skill points without doing the trainings

2 Likes

good to know thanks that helps

You and everyone else are hoping for no training. If it was easy then fine, but it’s not

New changes relevant to Career Mode (again, found from multiple sources)

• The XP after a match is changed - these are now adjusted based on match length - so if you shorten the matches to 1 set for example you will get less experience. This explains why some people reported they lost levels after October 10th patch! (Source: Dev post in Discord)
  • Charity events are now appearing during the calendar with new player animation rewards. (source: Reddit)
  • You can now fully upgrade myPlayer appearance in Career Mode. Previously, you could only change limited features after starting your academy save (Source: Oct 11 Patch Notes + my own testing)
2 Likes

Career mode New player after training my screen is freezing nothing helps still the same issues.