Cricket 24 - Megathread

• One thing I really disliked about BigAnt’s Cricket is ‘Unable to modify/edit teams in the Competition/Tour Mode’. Once you start a competition, you are not able to modify anything in the team, not uniforms or even rosters. If I am playing a Test Cricket Championship, I don’t want to play with the same 15 player squad for every single matches. It’s logical to think.

• Additionally, please update the Custom Competition styles. (Excluding the unchangeable TEST, ODI and T20 Championship included in the game) The Custom Championship for all the formats follow the same patterns and style. That should be changed. Why can’t they be the same as the ones licensed by you? Also allow us to have Host Teams in custom competition too. And most importantly for Test Championship (custom), make it like a Tour system where every team travels to different countries to play test matches. It should be like 1, 2 or more test match series with each teams in the competition and we should be able to change the squads with every tours.

• And why does every competition starts with January 1? (for test championship it’s okay, not for T20 or ODI). You can scrap the date completely or just allow us to use calendars and let us place the matches like in the Tour Set up mode.

Please look into these. I’ll add more stuff if needed (and anyone reading, feel free to add)

The community supports you BIG ANT! Keep up the good work! All the best to the team and can’t wait for the Game. Very Excited!

1 Like

Imagine the thrill of witnessing Mitchell Starc charging towards the batsman, his jersey billowing in the air as he delivers thunderous deliveries. Adding dynamic player animations and realistic jersey physics would bring a new level of immersion to the game. As Starc unleashes his lethal bowling, the sight of his jersey swaying with every powerful stride would truly melt the heart of cricket fans. :relieved:
IMG_3313

3 Likes

Exactly… jersey animation is a thing that you see everytime on every ball…it is a basic thing we need in cricket 24…AFL 23 has seen some improved hair physics… cricket 24 may imrove on that but jersey animations are completely missing even in AFL 23…we really need it in cricket 24

1 Like

Great and you know what can make it even better? It’s to use the next gen feature of haptic feedback (for console controllers). One thing we definitely want is the mental state of a batsmen and bowlers. Whether they are fearless, % of confidence, Under Pressure, or Calm.
Now Imagine you could see the thriller match going on and Starc taking his run to throw the ball, and controlling as a Batsman,he is Under Pressure and you could feel the heart beat of the batsman in your hands as Starc approaches the pitch. The mental state would also affect the batsmen/bowler’s accuracy and skills.
How crazy that would be. Can’t wait to see what Big Ant does with that. Hope they take this as one of their priorities.

1 Like

Total :fire: Fire :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: , just even thinking how it would feel :crazy_face:

@JNT_BA Please look into these. I’ll add more stuff if needed (and anyone reading, feel free to add)

The community supports you BIG ANT! Very excited for the game. Good Luck!

1 Like

I’ve come across a fascinating suggestion that could add an immersive element to Cricket 24. How about incorporating haptic feedback to simulate the sensation of a fast-beating heart for batsmen when a bowler appeals? Alongside this, a small pop-up on the screen indicating the batsman’s heartbeat could further intensify the experience. While I understand the technical complexities involved, this feature could greatly enhance the gameplay and make players feel the pressure of crucial moments on the field. It would require careful implementation and synchronization between the game and haptic devices, but the result could be truly chilling and add a new dimension to the game. Let’s explore the possibilities of integrating haptics and visual indicators to create an unforgettable gameplay experience. #Cricket24

1 Like

Crowd in AFL 23 has potential but suffers from lack of animation and faces… cricket 24 should really improve on in with more animations and faces for crowd…so that atleast in 1 frame the animation is not repeated

1 Like
  1. reverse swing ball option Add one more delivery that is the reverse option which is enabled after 40-50 overs. not from the first over. generally the reverse comes after the ball gets old. and usually the ball gets old between 40-50 over.
1 Like
  1. Add sledging. like batter faces a short ball and leaves it. and the bowler provoking him to play that shot. making aggressive eye to eye contact
1 Like

With pro controls you can do it with ease.

For gameplay, it should be like cricket 19,
Licenced Stadiums are better in Cricket 22
Bowling Actions from cricket 22
batting techniques from cricket 22
but overall gameplay should be like cricket 19

Some suggestions that I can think of so far:

• Please improve the graphics and frame rates to give a realistic experience. The gaming world has improved by a lot and you can easily do consistent 120Hz.

• I am a guy big on customisation. I need custom tournaments, players, and everything personalised. So allow us to make groups in customer tournament. Also, it would be great if you could allow the player to choose the playoff scenarios, whether we want an eliminator or “1v4 and 2v3” type of playoffs.

• Kindly add the option to check the ducks scored by each player in the tournament, highest partnership scored for each wicket in the tournaments stats, along with partnership record for each team participating in the tournament (Similar to EA Cricket 07). Also, the top five highest and lowest team score in a tournament.

• I highly recommend allowing to add draft/auction option in custom tournaments or at least IPL or PSL.

• We can’t take runs after AI throws the ball and it deflects hitting the stumps. However, the AI seem to do it.

• It would be great if you could also allow the option to select the fielding control, same as C19. For instance, pressing O for bowler’s end and X for keeper’s, instead of always holding R1 and then throwing it.

• It would be a big, big improvement if we could restore or move our C22 customer teams to C24. Just the kits or roasters would do it.

• There are many bugs with fielding. The player does not throw the ball well as the throw bar automatically moves up and down. Even AI fielders would stand there instead of catching the ball, the ball would fall right next to them but they would not care. Fielders would dive or fall for no reason whatsoever. Fielding is not fiery or up to the mark. Even dive looks so stupid. I literally feel like playing a mobile cricket game. THIS NEEDS THE MOST ATTENTION NOW!

• Players felt more energetic, giving reactions and shouting at fielders, knowing where to throw the ball in C19. However, this is not the case in C22. It feels so monotonous when players feel like robots and not humans. I hope C24 makes the game more vibrant with it. The crowd was also bland in C22.

• The player will not quickly grab the ball and hit the wicket when it is inside the circle or even when they dive to save it from the boundary. The player will move around the ball and let the batter complete the run or take an extra. This issue has been persisting since C19.

• AI batters should be more competitive. AI should play frontcourt shots, helicopter, dilscoop or other unorthodox shots but I have never seen anyone play that except sweep shot. Ability to hit a slog sweep six is needed. It would make the game more challenging.

• You badly need to fix the wicket-keeper as he often dives for no reason and takes a lot of time to get up and the opponent easily takes two runs meanwhile. Also, drops an edge about 90% of the time off the fast bowlers.

• Would like to see a greater range of emotions, reaction animations and camera angles e.g. dropped catches, unsuccessful appeals, almost edges, stare downs, sledges, sendoffs, 50s and 100s etc. If we could add music from the academy to play during the match or finals. Also, we could make playoffs more vibrant with firecrackers, lights, and stuff like that so it gives a vibe like today’s T20 leagues.

• I really liked the weather condition concept in C19 but it can’t be seen in C22. I hope C24 brings it back in a style as reduction in overs made it cool and fun.

• Add the option to play as a star player in Tour too. It would be fun playing with a single player than going with the entire team.

• There should be an option to decide how your partner should bat when you are batting as a Star player. The other person seems to only defend and hardly score any score when you are batting. It often costs the match and make the match boring.

• Adding injury outside the Career would be awesome too. Imagine we exhaust one of our player in the tournament (like making him bowl or bat despite zero stamina or without resting or blocking the ball) and he couldn’t play at least next match.

• Make jerseys dirty by the end of the match with dives and collisions.

• Choose only a limited squad when entering any tournament. Also, AI should automatically make changes in the lineup during a tournament.

• Fast stumping. Many times there’s a stumping chance but the batsman easily completes the run while the ball is in the wicketkeeper or bowler’s end player’s hand.

• AI sometimes doesn’t play according to the required run rate. For instance, during the super over or in the last few overs when the run rate is high like 15, the AI would be leaving the ball, taking singles or not even take a chance.

3 Likes

@JNT_BA I would like to suggest one more important improvement for Cricket 24, specifically regarding the off-side shot elevation. Currently, the unrealistic sky-high elevation of off-side shots looks quite odd and detracts from the overall realism of the game.

My suggestion is to introduce a system where the elevation of off-side shots is influenced by the batsman’s accumulated power. This power can be collected in the background as the batsman plays a few overs on the pitch. By incorporating this mechanic, players will have more control over shot selection and the resulting elevation.

Implementing this feature will enhance the authenticity of the game and make the off-side shots look more legitimate and true to real-life cricket. It will add depth and strategy to the gameplay, allowing players to utilize their accumulated power to execute powerful yet controlled shots on the off side.

I believe this enhancement will greatly enhance the overall gameplay experience and make Cricket 24 stand out as a more realistic cricket game. Your consideration of this suggestion would be greatly appreciated by the community of cricket gamers.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication in developing Cricket 24. We are eagerly looking forward to the game and believe that incorporating this suggestion will make it even more exciting and immersive.

2 Likes

Give MLB The Show 23 player career fielding a look if you havent already. Feels like it would really suit cricket 24

These are some amazing ideas! Keep up the conversations, I love to see the discussions between all the individual suggestions you guys have. So many varied likes are always fun to read what each person takes away from the game.

6 Likes

Online Gameplay

This suggestion is to enhance the online gaming experience in Cricket 24, particularly regarding custom or default challenges/games. Currently, when a player quits or disconnects from a game, it often results in frustration and an incomplete match. I propose a solution to address this issue and ensure that match results are calculated fairly.

Instead of displaying a pop-up message indicating a lost connection, I recommend implementing a system where the match result is determined based on the dominant player at the time of disconnection. Let’s consider a scenario where I am batting first and have a phenomenal over, scoring 24 runs. However, my opponent decides to quit due to being unable to handle the pressure. In such cases, the game should calculate the match result based on the game condition at the point of disconnection.

By implementing this feature, players will have a more satisfying and meaningful online gaming experience. It will ensure that their efforts and achievements in a match are recognized and rewarded, even if the opponent chooses to quit. This not only encourages fair play but also maintains the competitive spirit of the game.

I believe this suggestion will greatly improve the online gaming aspect of Cricket 24, fostering a more enjoyable and fulfilling experience for players. It will mitigate the frustration caused by disconnections and provide a fair resolution for both dominant and committed players.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I eagerly anticipate the implementation of this feature in Cricket 24’s online challenges/games.

2 Likes

Hello dear respect official … I’m following your games since DBC 2014 … It’s really fun to play your games on PC & CONSOLE … But it will be better if you also think about mobile game … There is huge cricket gaming community who is waiting for Big Ant mobile cricket game like Cricket 24 … Please consider this & think about this … Mobile users will be extremely happy if you guys bring mobile cricket game for us :innocent:

I’m not sure if it’s feasible to add new bowling actions to the game at this stage, but I want to remind everyone that this package has the potential to make Cricket 24 the best game ever. If the developers can manage to include these renowned names, it will undoubtedly elevate the gaming experience to new heights. Fingers crossed for this exciting addition! :crossed_fingers::cricket_bat_and_ball: #Cricket24 #NewBowlingactions

IMG_3322

1 Like

Some more interesting stuff-

I believe these can also enhance the gameplay experience in Cricket 24.

Firstly, I propose incorporating a visual animation of the new ball being taken, where two umpires come onto the field with that huge ball box :heart_eyes: and hand the ball to the main umpire. This small detail would add realism and immersion to the game.

Secondly, I suggest introducing a mandatory captain-bowler talk feature to break crucial partnerships. When the bowling team struggles to dismiss the opposition, this suggestion could provide strategic advice and have an impact on gameplay. It would increase the chances of taking wickets for a few overs, adding an element of excitement and challenge.

Additionally, I would love to see open grounds or grounds with fewer seating arrangements include a group of spectators lounging on the grass, laughing, and enjoying the game. Showcasing their scenes intermittently, perhaps once every 4-5 overs, would create a refreshing and immersive atmosphere for players.

Lastly, incorporating Steve Smith’s gestures of trying to be comfortable on the crease would be a fantastic addition. His characteristic acts of checking his bat, gloves, and pads could be triggered when a batsman dives, gets beaten on consecutive balls, or faces other instances that make them feel uneasy. This attention to detail would bring authenticity to the gameplay and add an extra layer of immersion.

I believe these suggestions would contribute to the overall realism, strategic depth, and immersive experience in Cricket 24.

1 Like