Cricket 24 - Megathread

The cricket academy servers still not working

@JNT_BA @RossSymons Throwing animations have improved a lot in this patch…rapid throwing animation is finally gone… although there needs to be more variety in throwing animations akin to real cricket 22…even the side stepping looks good to some extent…only the duration of side stepping needs to be rectified.

1 Like

Whats the reason game is crashing? It’s not only happening with me I confirmed from my friends too. Specially PS4 users

@JNT_BA @RossSymons : One notable improvement in commentary is the enhanced anticipation of events. For instance, when a batsman strikes a well-executed shot, commentators no longer wait for the ball to cross the ropes; instead, they begin appreciating the shot the moment it connects with the bat. A parallel enhancement is needed in animations. For instance, a batsman should commence celebrating a victory as soon as they are certain of hitting a winning run or completing a century, rather than waiting for the ball to cross the ropes and then for a cutscene to kick in. There should be a focus on emotional intelligence, ensuring things like players refraining from celebrating personal milestones like a century when the team is facing a loss or bowlers not celebrating a wicket too much when their team is loosing. Akin to fifa an easy addition would be few specefic team celebration when the bowler has taken a very crucial wicket (similar to last minute goal celebration in fifa).

2 Likes

@JNT_BA @RossSymons :

wicketkeeper animations needs improvement… animations are similar to normal fielder…whereas wicketkeeper specefic animation for flying catches and similar stuff must be included.

Crowd animations trigger very late

Collusion detection is still missing

Injury animations are needed in the game

Deliveries like knuckle ball, wobble seam etc need to be included in cricket 24

1 Like

Same commentary issue with wickets, mostly no commentary on the event, commentators mostly reacts after reply. No reaction on quality of delivery. In cricket 22, commentators comments if the ball was yorker or slower one but not in Cricket 24
Also whenever batsman miss the ball but commentators still say that ball just beat the edge.
Mostly issues with Adam Gilchrist.
e.g., if ball is way outside off and batsman play a shot on leg side or straight then ball beats the bat by 3-4 feet.

Anybody else still waiting on the most recent patch to deploy to Xbox?

This is starting to get ridiculous!

As posted on Twitter:
“We believe the Steam patch, on balance, improves the game by removing the issue of AI run-outs, while we continue to investigate the patch we have decided to keep Console patches on hold for now. We expect we will now release Console Tuesday, with a Steam roll-back likely today.”

3 Likes

@RossSymons @JNT_BA Playing this game since a month. Before that played C19 for 3 years. Amazing upgrade from C19, Licensing and gameplay is top notch but I want to suggest one thing. Balance it between 1,2s and 6s. Boundaries r very small outfields are very quick, throws are accurate thats why cant play conventional cricket like build the innings by 1,2s. Doubles are like impossible. Plz fix this issue it is like hit or miss sixers or dots
Btw Thank you so much for so many licensing eagerly waiting for Pakistan and PSL photogrammetry

1 Like

@JNT_BA @RossSymons Kindly ask the art team to work on shadows… apparently shadows are not this sharp when comming from an object as far as stands like in the attached image…the shadows tend to have a bluish tint and are much smoother as opposed to being this sharp

2 Likes

@JNT_BA
Pic for reference ( for aforementioned topic pertaining to shadows)
Source: Fifa 17

Sorry, the twitter update last week said patches for consoles go live on 10 November. I haven’t seen anything deploy on my Xbox. Am I missing something?

Its live on our devices. It went out a few hours ago. On the splash screen, you should see the version number ended in .2000+

1 Like

@JNT_BA @RossSymons Can’t we have impact of dew in the game for the games played in subcontinent…we just need to add few lines of commentary…few animations of players rubbing the ball along with auto reduction in ball revolution, more ball skidding etc.

@JNT_BA Few things that still needs rectification after the latest patch:

1. stance of batsman with low backlift are entirely absent from the game and they need to be added

2)Suryakumar yadav batting style needs to be added

1. 30 yard circle are marked with dots rather than full circle in Indian subcontinent…that needs to be reproduced in the game

2. mowing pattern is very light and barely visible in the subcontinent,it needs to be reproduced in the game

3. patchy outfield of the subcontinent needs to be reproduced…Eden garden or wankhede outfield can be used as model

1 Like

Fielding is out of control at the moment. Can barely make a single to the outfield without a backwards pick up quick release on the wicket throw, running someone out.

1 Like

Loving the game. I had a couple suggestions which I think wouldn’t be too difficult to include:

Would love to see an animation where the team doctor or physio runs out when the batsman is hit on the helmet. We already have animations for drinks break so hoping this wouldn’t be hard and I think it helps with immersion.

Also maybe have some pop ups mid-over with some cool stats - eg number of times dismissed by certain bowler or even just pitch maps, wagon wheels etc. would add a more broadcast vibe to the match.

2 Likes

No question or suggestion but I just wanted to express how much fun I’m having with Cricket 24.

I know many people seem to dwell on the fact it’s similar to cricket 22 which I mean, it’s going to be, there’s only so much variation you can get in a sport game as there are fundamental aspects which have to be there…like batting…and bowling… I think if FIFA and NBA can release basically the same game every year…what’s the problem.

You guys have spent the last decade or so developing and releasing the best and only cricket games on the market and they’ve given me hours and hours of enjoyment. So big shout out to Big Ant and the dev team. Keep charging!!

2 Likes

I miss scenario mode so much, I want to play yesterday’s SF match being Daryl Mitchell

@JNT_BA

Is it possible to have bowling speed variation for spinners also, just like the fast bowlers have, slower one and faster one or like normal delivery and a slower delivery. I think this option was available in Don Bradman.