Delayed or cancelled?

Being nervous is an understatement. Bought a steamdeck just for Rugby 24 because I travel a lot for work.

Hope to see something amazing at Gamescom.

4 Likes

Nothing at Future Games Showcase…

4 Likes

Given that Nacon’s games were shown last night and there was nothing regarding Rugby 2024, can you at least confirm that we’re not gonna hear anything this week?

2 Likes

Its worrying because Nacon published games were shown yesterday, i dont think we’re gonna hear anything before the rwc

I spoke To Nacon ( see other post ) and game will be officially published. Announcement will come within 14 days as said by Nacon

2 Likes

So JNT, got anything to say after absolutely nothing was shown at Gamescom???

Even an indication that the game is still being worked on would be better than total radio silence!

Big Ant and Nacon still haven’t managed to release the Xbox version of AFL 23. The game was meant to release 3rd of May, then they said it would be out late June and there’s still no word as to when it will release.

The cricket 24 game which has had way more updates and information released about the game than anything rugby 24 related has also been heavily delayed and no further information has been released in quite some time.

No updates on Rugby 24 aside from the initial information doesn’t bode well. The game clearly isn’t going to be released on time. I don’t expect to see it until next year some time or even worse It might be aligned with the 2025 B&I Lions tour of Australia.

I think the game is now delayed to October.

A user on twitter who has been providing the community with many updates on the developments of Cricket 24 just tweeted some information about Rugby 24. He claims to have a friend within Nacon and this is what he said:

#Rugby24 by Nacon has been delayed. It was originally scheduled to be released on September 7, 2023, but has now been pushed back to October, 2023. The delay is reportedly due to “unforeseen technical challenges.”

If that is the case, very disappointing that we have not yet received an offical announcement. However an October release can still fall within the RWC and isn’t that far compared to what some people have been speculating.

3 Likes

My biggest concern isnt a delay, but the game engine itself when i saw big ants name i figured the game would perform similarly to the RLL series, the total lack of screenshots or info have me worried that we will see a reskinned rugby 22 with a few tweaks and updated rosters that would be nothing more than a cash grab off the back of the RWC. Really hope they do a great job even if it means a delay of a year+

1 Like

It must be some massive “unforeseen technical challenges” if they have stopped a game, which has seemingly been in development for years, from having any further details, gameplay or even a screenshot being shown a week before the game is due to be released and in the nearly 6 months since it was announced!

I think this might be delayed till 31st Dec 2023

official release date Dec 31, 2023

That is just a placeholder until a new official date is announced. No game in history would release on a Sunday let alone new Year’s Eve.

10 Likes

Put us out of our misery already lol…

7 Likes