Djokovic Challenges Need Patching ASAP As A Priority Please

@JNT_BA

Please submit this to the team as I believe this is extremely important.

I didn’t realise it was quite this bad as I have only just got back onto these challenges.

Whichever patch was added that updated that challenge difficulty needs temporarily reverting back to the way it was urgently. I understand the idea behind the change and on one hand makes sense to have each challenge go up in difficulty but this feature just isn’t ready yet with all of the balancing and tweaking that is going on with difficulty at the moment.

You absolutely cannot have any of the challenges or re-write history challenges set to either easiest or easy difficulty. Both difficulties are completely broken and the CPU will not hit balls back at all, even if they are slow and right next to them.

This is bad enough on the first challenge against Tsonga but gets much much worse when you play re-write history and have to slog through two sets against Federer who is not hitting the ball back. Its basically like playing online and hitting balls past an AFK player.

The reason why this is such a huge issue is that this game isn’t in early access anymore. With the Djokovic challenges being a pretty big selling point many people buying the game will probably try the challenges as their first experience and it will be nothing short of disastrous.

Its a massive mistake having this be some players first experience and will be a huge instant turn off.

These points in Djokovic’s career are supposed to be a celebration of his achievements, there were no easy matches or finals. Easy difficulty in any capacity has no place in these challenges. They should be at the very least set to normal or hard.

Its also a massive disservice to both the game itself and all the things it does right which only get shown when the difficulty is set higher than easy, and also to Djokovic himself and all of the players he played against in his career finals.

I truly believe that easy difficulty of any kind should not be a factor in these challenges. Have the difficult part of the challenges be the challenge objectives and additional objectives themselves.

The only history that is being re-written here is an alternative version where Federer was actually one of the worst tennis players to ever play the game, its not a great look.

On a side note, some of the challenge objectives simply cant be completed. The slice winner for the Tsonga challenge doesn’t register unless its secretly still set to the previous objective which was a slice volley I believe?

Some of the other objectives are buggy also like winning a match without being aced.

Others objectives are just impossible because they are old and haven’t taken into account the new gameplay changes.

Where it says win the match with a smash, there is literally no way this can be done anymore. Possibly in the old code where lunges were a much bigger thing and the ball would go up very high sometimes but this simply doesn’t happen anymore.

Now with the changes to serve (not all positive) it becomes virtually impossible to complete any challenge that says you need to get so many aces in the match. On the lower difficulties this can be achieved but on the challenges with a difficulty of hard or expert there is simply no way to consistently get 6 aces in the match. You may get one down the tee if you are lucky but the CPU is simply too good at returning them now especially now it auto moves itself to cover slice serves before you actually do the serve…

Trying to complete the serve objectives I find myself being forced to go as wide as possible and try to get a ridiculous angle which isn’t realistic but the changes that have been made to serve have forced this approach now.

I understand the change to the safe serve to allow people who are not very good to at least get a serve in, but it has its downsides. It was more realistic to be able to finely control the ball placement on the safe serve before it was nerfed into what it is now. And essentially it gave you more variety and options because if you were not having much luck with first serve against the CPU or a human player you could mix it up and throw in something with reduced pace.

5 Likes

I really dont know whats going on with this game but I noticed that they are removing/changing every details that made the gameplay enjoyable during the early access bit by bit.
The fact that we cant aim on safe serves anymore, ball cannot go out when aiming the corners anymore, ball stay in even if we overpowered a shot(red bar), no more marks and wear on clay. No more dropshot from the AI, defensive shot always stays in even if its a poor shot(was already fixed before), serve return are either superpowered or into the net it cannot go out…

Its like the game is getting dumbed down day by day. If I was looking to play virtua tennis or pong I would’ve start my PS1 instead of buying this game

1 Like

Im still getting marks on clay on both Xbox and PC but it is slightly concerning regarding the dumbing down of things. Its incredibly frustrating and its happenning because Big Ant are clearly getting inundated by a portion of the community who are complaining about certain aspects en mass and leaving them no choice but to change things for a vocal minority who are not interested in playing a game that has any sort of learning curve or takes skill to get good at. Im just gonna say it and people can shoot me down but i dont care.

There was nothing wrong with the serving before they dumbed it down again. Once you got used to how the timing window worked and hitting the ball just at the moment of dropping from ball toss you get 99% first serves in. I know this for a fact because I was able to do it. And the timing window for the second serve was even more forgving.

But all i kept reading was non stop complaints from people who just couldnt figure it out. Thats not on the game, its purely a skill issue.

People these days want everything handed to them with minimal effort. Its a sports game, the whole game should be about skill and should require time spent to get good.

I will say that the serve timing indicator was poorly implemented and made it harder to time serves so its partly on the devs also.

Sadly this is the good and bad of early access games and devs being so open to feedback. On one hand it can help make the games absolutely fantastic. Sadly it can also go the other way and has the potential to destroy them if the devs dont know where to tow the line and stick to their own vision.

The fact that they thought it was a good idea to change the difficulty of the starting Djokovic challenges to easiest and easy. Literally modes where the CPU will not even hit the ball back gives an insight into the kind of players that are probably complaining and who the devs are trying to cater for. Ultra casuals is probably an understatement…

1 Like

Or maybe its not the devs who took those decision, it may be the investors(company) choice to make those changes during their final testing before release because they wanted to attract more casual gamers or even topspins players but if thats the case, its exactly the fastest way to ruin the game and cause its failure. Its almost like they didnt learn from the failure of the previous games. Fact is casual gamers will never pay this much for a tennis game and if they really have a choice to make they’ll choose something like mario tennis and now even the hardcore tennis fans or the one who wanted a sim-oriented game are not buying it because they saw that the skill gap has been reduced a lot so neither target are buying the game same thing that happenned with ao 1-2 and TWT.

But like I said many times if their goal is to please the most gamer possible then adding different sliders should be their priority thats the only solution

As for the marks on clay they are there but we can barely see them and some marks like when the player is sliding has been removed. It was one of the details they did better than topspin2k and we can barely see it

My clay marks are completely different from that. I can see them easily and the lines where the feet slide. I play with the “far” camera angle though if that makes any difference to the visibility of the msrks.

Thats weird bc I watched different video from streamers and its the same as me barely noticable and I even compared them with footage of EA 5 and it looked way better

i’ll take a pic later just to see if its the same as what you are seeing. Sounds very strange but nothing surprises me at this point.