Early Access 4 (EA4) Interim Update 3 (Active Feedback Here)

• Adjusted Support Runner Passing
    Adjusted the pass targetting to prioritise support runners

• Improved UI
    Addressed the occasional UI unresponsiveness to button inputs, particularly the simulate match option becoming unavailable in competition mode

• Improved Stability
    Addressed game non-progression states, particularly those during kicks, tackles and penalties.

6 Likes

my game crashes again…

1 Like

:man_facepalming: that’s not really helpful. Please let the support team know so they can look into.

4 Likes

I also experienced a crash when I tried to snipe (Pick n Go) with my No.9 from the ruck to the blind side. I will try to see if it happens again, but only had chance to play one game before going to work.

3 Likes

sorry lol i was tired lol. The random game crash come back with this update i make a ticket support now.

But the passes are really better with the support !!!

All that remains is to improve the mauls.
Create a menu to make the squads and for the replacements and the substitutes.

the top 14 of course I am a very big supporter of the Stade Toulousain.

Is it inappropriate to ask you if the progress of the photogrammetry of the players is on track for future updates?

Best regards

2 Likes

One thing I’m noticing in my games, more frequently since the last two patches, is the ball getting trapped in the opposition breakdown. It happens most frequently in competition mode but sometimes happens in quick game too.

What happens is the opposition have the ball in possession, get tackled and a ruck is formed, then the opposing scrum half will never clear the ball from the ruck. It results in a scrum being awarded. When playing in competition mode this happens nearly every time the opposition have the ball. This means I end up having games with 20 or more scrums.

As things currently are, it breaks the game and makes it unplayable.

Hi JNT and BA,

Only had a couple of games. Both have crashed pretty early on. Into a third now. Brief feedback so far.

Adjusted Support Runner Passing

Adjusted the pass targetting to prioritise support runners

• Huge improvement here, although the support runners are on occasions still far back, the passes often end up with the most logical target.

• 2 new issues both captured in this GIF. 1. Passes prior to the last seem to be underpowered (Possibly as a fix for the last pass) and go to ground often. Offloads to the last player on the wing seem to be super over powered (Again possibly as a result of the fix for that last pass)

Untitled video (10)

• Passes from the first receiver go to ground more regularly for AI teams also.

Untitled video (13)

• Passing directly to the opposition happens again intermittently.

Improved Stability

Addressed game non-progression states, particularly those during kicks, tackles and penalties.

• Drop outs no longer cause crashes.

• Game will crash if you try a pick and go with your 9 down the blindside (In Stade de France using Fra v Aus, but did not occur in Allianz using Aus v Arg).

• Also had a crash when try to step close to the touchline in Stade de France (Not sure if it is the proximity to the touchline)

Additional notes:

• The AI do not catch the kick offs, once they let it bounce, the other I caught, but there was no AI catcher underneath contesting as there always had been before.

• I am yet to be able to complete a game from in play crashes 7/7.

Will add more as I see it.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Hi, I have a question, do you test the updates before releasing them because I’m having crashes on my 5 games!
-I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to test your updates before releasing them.

• le numĂ©ro 9 et plus rapide je trouve a par sur des moments ou il reste très longue Ă  venir.

Point a améliorer : 

• ia and too simple we will quickly get tired of it.
    -The forwards or wingers all have the same physical condition, it’s not realistic.
    -Ajour des fautes.
    -Be able to position your defence
    -Being able to position players in drops mode
    -More stability in games, too many crashes
    -Work on the maules.

Passing is definitely in a sweet spot now. Like others Iv gotten random crashes.

Main gripes I have is.

• Rucks as a system.
  • Flyhalf is consistently in rucks.
  • First receiver will get tackled before getting a pass away the majority of the time.
  • Lineout mauls are flawed

Feel like we are getting there. If we ever get to tactics or set moves I think we will be cooking.

That said with rucks atm I don’t see why anyone would kick the ball.

Small edit. I love little things that can happen that make me remember why I love BA so much for sports games. Multiple defenders going for one player can lead to amazing tries like we see in real life where a player draws in two tacklers and releases the outside man. Again these are things you couldn’t do in any other rugby game.

3 Likes

I am getting constant crashes around the ruck. If I pick and go, or recover possession and go, it crashes.

1 Like

Firstly, a big congratulations to the developers as the passing is now nearly perfect for me. For the most part i seem to have control over long and short passes, inside, outside and behind.

I have noticed a few people mentioning the bugs about the AI just staring at their own rucks resulting in scrums. This is still ongoing for me, as well as crashes off kick off if there is not an immediate tackle. I have already raised a ticket about this, so hopefully the developers are still working on stability.

GoTBy

Love the new update!
Passing is so much better, really feel like a rugby game, i could easily do an inside pass to exploit a hole in defence!

The crash after try line/22 drop kick seems to be fixed, even to seems to crash a bit more on my side… as well blind side crash as every one already said.

Love the “Dynamic” camera settings, and the close for line out!

So the major problems we have now is:

1. Maul does not work properly.
  2. Defence line goes away on a maul.
  3. Ruck system still jackie and lucking a Jackal mecchanic.

Things that has to be implemented soon:

1. Laws.
  2. A well thought kick system for conversion and penalties.
  3. A responsive crowd, right now is seems really dull.

I would suggest to increment speed in the gameplay, as whole. Its ok right now, but i think is a bit slower as a real game would be.
I talk of course about:
Rucks speed and players overall speed.
(Could be incremented as difficulties gets higher)

Thanks for the hard work!

First of all, congratulations because the game is increasingly playable and realistic. I’m a fan of rugby video games and rugbyman and here are some important points to improve:

• The races of the players are not realistic, they look like robots and they can not sprint enough
  • Shoulder tackle is very rare and it makes us think more of NRL than rugby 15
  • You should be able to control the positioning of the defense and attack and be able to make techniques in attack as in Rugby League Live 4, it’s great and very realistic
  • In attack, steps slow down the player which is not realistic and are not very realistic and, this gesture as well as the percussion and stiff arms only work when we are in front of the defender, it should be possible with a defender coming from all sides
  • Penalties in general are missing
  • The scrum half must ALWAYS be closest to the ruck to make a pass and smooth out the game to create imbalances in defense
  • The players’ physical appearance is not realistic (much better in Rugby League Live 4)
  • Tackles can be improved and it would be very good to have diving plating and big hits.

All the notes in this update seem to have been implemented nicely. Just a couple of notes from a recent game:

1. Feel like AI should be offloading more. They have great opportunities to do so, but rather take the ball to ground. Sliders for this would be nice
  2. TMO comes into play when there is a clear try. Perhaps only bring the TMO in when there is a potential “ball held up” or when the try scorer is within a foot or less of the touch line
  3. Had a penalty awarded for a high tackle, which is nice to see, but the ref blew the whistle immediately and immediate cut scene to ref, when perhaps play can go on for a few more seconds before the ref blows and cut scene happens. Also TMO can be brought in for dangerous tackles and potential yellow or red card
  4. When TMO is used for a try, they first consult the TMO and if the try stands, only afterwards do you see the cut scene of players celebrating. They should celebrate first, thinking that they have scored the try, then the ref should refer to the TMO, then perhaps another mini cutscene with fists in the air or something
  5. Lineout cut scene happens too quickly. You can show the players running into position first before showing the hooker getting ready to throw.
  6. Mauls - 1) the players take too long to get into the mall, they should get into the mall immediately after it is formed (say from lineout), 2) you are still able to drive the AI into their own dead ball area as long as you push, they do not push back, 3) your backline runs very wide when a maul is formed, leaving a HUGE gap in center field, they go completely out of position for some reason, 4) the clock stops when a maul is formed, when it should be running
  7. Goal Kicking - Too easy. I recommend rather using a short, flat arrow to set your direction (hard to gauge from touch, but easy in front of posts), with the final result being affected by the player stats and the wind. Sliders would be great. With the addition of some sort of power indicator. Also, start with a straight arrow, with the ability to curve in either direction using analog.
  8. Players not always catching the ball when kicked

Thanks, looking forward to the next update
9. More dynamic running introduced. I had one player cut back inside to receive an inside pass and it worked great. Would like to see much more of that, with inside and outside running options.

2 Likes

Great uptade feels really enjoyable when you have support runners doing good but on the other side of the coins it’s now way too easy to score tries even on the highest difficulty, AI got a really poor defensive position and intelligence. The game is way more fluid which is really cool but the game is flat and repetitive the ruck mechanics is still the main reason same for the lineout both of them are completely useless and not interesting you really need to focus on these 2 game side everyone is saying that since EA1… We need to have more game incident and put some variations around the game, poor animations variations too in offense and defense. If you want your game to have a good life time like rugby challenge you really need to focus on the ruck and lineout and positioning on offense and defense, more difficulty to the game and variations.

We have a large team of artists who work every day to get the art done. We try to get in the entire planned teams updated with each major EA release. But these things take a long time, especially for the major teams. As everyone knows I was on a recent UK trip, so we did a number of teams it then can take days to do a single head from photos to approved.

Have some not been in when I have wanted to? Sure. So we will sometimes have some unusual lineups depending on what is 100% ready to go. Much like when it comes to all the sponsors and kits and things, there are so many rounds of approvals which unfortunately can be blown out in terms of timing with us having partners all over the world.

4 Likes

Just a question for everyone. This is not unique to this version of the game but is anyone else finding themselves defending ruck after ruck after ruck for about 80% plus of a game?
I just finished another half where I never had possession after the kick off and just spent the whole time defending it in my half.

I have no idea what’s going on at the ruck or what is required to turn the ball over. I often have more players first to the ruck and that appears to do nothing. The same thing applies when I have the ball. I can pretty much run unlimited phases. It’s going to be impossible to play online with the next major update if the ruck mechanics aren’t fleshed out a lot more.

Am I missing something or are other people experiencing the same?

I had the same last night. Played two games and for the first game and first half of second game that was me experience. Just couldn’t get my hands on the ball. In the second half though I finally got some possession and then the AI didn’t get to touch the ball for a half.

I had lots of rucks where I was there first and should have been able to turn the ball over but nothing happened but equally there rucks where the AI was there and they didn’t play quick ball as waited for the ruck to form. It’s an area that needs work for sure. I’ve seen in some of the earlier builds where I’ve been able to steal or counter ruck but not in the two games I played yesterday on the latest update.

Also lineouts, I used to do ok with these but the AI is winning nearly all lineouts now which is frustrating.

On a positive the support runners and passing is awesome. Managed a fabulous try yesterday running and passing down the line until the gap in defence appeared.