Tiebreak EA - Megathread

Hope you are right about this matter…

1 Like

The RT/LT for shot preparation is all good but using two different buttons for dash isn’t necessary and detracts from otherwise enjoyable gameplay. At least for me I’d rather just use one sprint button.

1 Like

The AI is much better with the new patch: the opponent is not anymore only doing right, left, right, left. This is great.

Some very small details I noticed which could be improved for immersion in the next patch:

• During the animations, we can see the bags on the benches of the players, however when playing, the benches are empty of bags.

• When I stopped a match (pause), the time continue to grow on the Rolex indicator in the tennis court. The time should continue to grow only when we play.

Thank you @JNT_BA and BA Team ! You guys rock !

2 Likes

Ai still needs improving they always come to the net and are have bad accuracy at the net

1 Like

Someone up for an online game ? Impossible to find people to play with on my side :frowning:

@JNT_BA , do you know if Nacon will advertise more on the game ?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Devs,

Thanks for putting in the work on this game, it definitely shows! You have definitely made visible improvement since Early Access started on January 18!

I think there are 2 things i’m experiencing that are still critical to improve:

1. The obvious one is player movement and animations. Probably no need to go too deep on that one, I know you are working on it and I know everyone is bringing it up. The fluidity of movement holds the key to whether the game feel relistic or not, and i’m very much looking forward to future updates on that one.

2. Net-play is the second key. As you know, the fact that players are playing mostly regular shots and drive volleys rather than regular volley shots just messes up the flow and really should be fixed.

3. Could you please introduce a game mode in which we could play and offline season with a playable pro? I’m talking to a lot of people from the community who are very big on offline play, and I think with the big roster you guys are planning - that would be an amazing realism booster and a very cool edition!

Thanks for all the hard work!

2 Likes

Hey everybody, thanks for the consistent replies and recommendations that you all have provided us with, we appreciate it! My apologies for not responding, we’re currently working very hard to hone on current issues. Some of the important things i want to address that are on our radar are:

• We are solving teleportations by improving our movement and animation system.
  • AI will be improved with proper strategies.
    -Fixed but still honing net play and animations.

There are many more improvements and features we are implementing aswell but i want to keep it all a surprise for you all :wink: . I thank everyone for being patient, and hope you will enjoy the next update!

3 Likes

Thank you Patrick!!!

I just want to enphasize how cool it would be to play a season as a playable pro offline. Just try to have a solid top 10 season with the likes of Kyrgios/Fritz/Murray/Shelton etc., play big matches and try to overachieve.

Looking forward o the updates!

1 Like

Perfect, could you also adjust the ratings like Shelton and Ruud need to be higher and paire needs to be lower rated

1 Like

Thank you for the idea @teddelany. We will be having a career in Tiebreak (and i cant wait to show the public this!!!). In regards to having a pro player in career mode is a great suggestion and i will bring this up with the team!!

2 Likes

Thank you Patrick! We all appreciate the communication and the effort!

1 Like

Hi Patrick. I’m playing on the steam deck, and I think the game runs pretty smooth gameplay wise. But there’s a really big issue where the game keeps crashing every time it loads a new player in. Can you please look into this? It makes the game unplayable.

1 Like

Can you please submit a support ticket so the team can look into this for you. Early.bigant.com

Thank you Patrick for the update.
If you really improve the teleportation mouvement before the shot it’s really good.:+1:
Just don’t forget the way to win a point. Top spin said that they improve Top Spin 4 by the way to win a point more quickly. That’s the problem with Tiebreak, make a real winning point.
And seriously, if you have signatures moves, good déplacements and a good IA, you can be good. :+1:

I would like to see the addition of attribute sliders, so that we can choose a custom difficulty similar to what is done in Cricket 24. This would narrow the gap between the current difficulties.

Please fix backand slice animation .With slice you realy cut into the bal.Current animation is not good.Also i wonder how one handed backand looks like

Suggestions for improvement by Vikisak.

Dear developers,

as former tennis player, trainer and a big fan of tennis games I would like to give you a larger feedback on Early Access 2 after 12 hours of playing on Expert level. I hope that’s going to help you set up your game for the best tennis experience.

Playing is much better than at the beginning and you are going in the right direction, however I have a few things that would be nice to improve to make the game more realistic and matches more captivating:

1. The sensitivity of risky shots (power of shots and risky angles) should be much higher. In the current state almost every power and accurate shot hits impossible angles or touches lines and it’s too easy to do it.
  2. Defensive shots (lunge/reflex shots) shouldn’t be 100% save. There must be possibility to make an error when you are under pressure and play these types of shot.
  3. AI defends like a superman. It’s quite boring that AI are often under pressure but it’s able to play almost everything. Therefore there are sometimes too long and repetitive rallies.
  4. Serve should be much more difficult and risky to play. As it is, the 1st serve success rate (mine and AI either) in every match is around 95% and above, which is too unrealistic considering that in real tennis it is around 60-70% and sometimes it drops even to 50%.
  5. AI returns serve too easily and perfectly with almost 100% succes rate. Also there is no chance to hit ace. Actually I couldn’t do that even once.
  6. I would appreciate to see some stamina system and hawk eye added, but I believe you plan add these features in the upcoming updates.
  7. The physics of drop shot is strange. If you pllay it successfully, the ball’s bounce is too low. It would be great if there was a better chance to run the ball. In the current state, the drop shot seems to me little bit overpowered.
  8. The AI uses the underarm serve too often, which also doesn’t match real tennis, where it’s basically not played at all.
  9. Volleys are much better, but are still kind of clunky. In several situations I made an unforced errors where I can’t completely understand why that happened (usually very easy high played volleys).
  10. In general there are still too many errors at the net or during playing low balls near by net.
  11. Players shouldn’t slide so much on hard surfaces.
  12. AI couldn’t deal with drop shots at all. Even on Expert level. I tested it and result of my small research is that from 10 drop shots AI returned barely one. That totally breaks the game.
2 Likes

When is the next Patch update please ???

2 Likes

I was just wondering, how many players will Tiebreak have? Will the top 20 be added for both ATP and WTA?

They already have a fair amount, but i think they will add around 15 - 30 more players, or more.