My complete analysis of the modifications after EA7

Minor Modifications:

• The racket grips should be white, as used by all professional players. In the game, they are black or another color.
  • Ruud’s hair is not blond but light brown.
  • Alcaraz’s face and haircut do not resemble his current appearance.

Major Modifications:

• Federer does not have the same forehand as in the game. He is on his feet and does not jump every time.

• Wawrinka does not hold the grip with his left hand to hit his backhand. he rests his left hand at the center of the racket frame like all other players’ one-handed backhands

• The one-handed backhands of Dimitrov and Eubanks should be specific to their real gestures.

• The backhand slice should be different for each player. In the game, it is a single gesture that does not resemble any professional’s. The bounce stops too suddenly; it should have a low bounce and move forward with more speed after the bounce to push back the opponent.

• The two-handed backhand should be different for each player based on their gesture, not a single style.

• Murray’s serve is not perfectly replicated. The ball toss is higher and the rhythm slower.

• Zverev serve is not perfectly replicated , at top of ball toss

• The volleys at the net are mostly unrealistic with errors too large for professionals. This point needs significant improvement because no point is realistic, especially the slice volleys that stop too suddenly after the bounce whereas the ball should move further.

• The speed of the first serve is ridiculous, and the returns are too easy. There should be more faults or poorly centered shots due to the high speed of the serve, which should give an advantage to the server. The receiver should be pushed several meters behind the baseline. The speed should be higher than that of a forehand acceleration.

• The second serve’s ball speed is ridiculous. The kick and topspin do not bounce at all; they should reach shoulder height or higher for the best kick serves, especially on clay.

• The sliced second serve has an extremely low speed, the bounce stops too low, and it does not move forward enough. It should be as fast as the current first serve in the game.

• The defensive shots in the game are not up to the level of professional tennis players; they resemble the shots of a beginner. All professional players are capable of executing defensive shots, whether it’s a high defensive lob or a slice with a proper technique, rather than a weak push shot.

• the preparation of the shot is too late which leads to strikes with pushing balls. Professionals prepare their forehand or backhand shot as early as possible and not when the ball hits the ground, because it is already too late.

• on balls at the net, the player must accompany his shot with his legs and allow himself to be carried forward each time. Currently he is too static and his legs are rigid, this is totally wrong.

Movement:

• The body’s inertia moving forward is not felt enough during runs for drop shots, and in lateral runs, the player recovers too easily. There should be a slight delay in the next run after a long run, and the jumps at the end of runs that alter the players’ gestures should be removed.
  • The slides on clay are insufficient; the traces should be visible, and players should be able to reach farther balls than on other courts.
  • Surface reactions are not taken into account. On grass, the ball should move faster and bounce lower on all shots.
  • On clay, the topspin on serves or shots should push several meters behind the baseline and bounce at shoulder height or head height for shorter players.
  • Animations for drop shots should be created, not just a stiff push with the arm.

Gameplay:

• Fatigue should affect the accuracy of serves and create a larger blur zone after long rallies, and also delay the runs in the following exchanges.
  • The mechanics for serving are not correct. A system that favors either accuracy or power should be created, and combining both should increase the risk of fault.
  • Finally, flat shots should be like the current topspins in the game, and topspin shots should push the opponent far back and pass higher over the net.

Desired players:

• Musetti, Gasquet, Justine Henin, Haas, Sampras, Lendl, Roddick, Moya, Blake, Edberg.

Novelty wish:

• I would like an editor of stroke gestures, for the forehand the backhand and service. in order to be able to recreate as we wish the gameplay of players who will not be in the game
  • be able to modify the speeds of shots and movements for our player and the AI, as was done on tennis ao 2 in the settings

Thank you very much for the work done, and I hope you can incorporate all these elements into the final game or in upcoming patches.

15 Likes

@Fab_Hicks we have already discussed this on youtube, I think the studio can sort all that out

2 Likes

@JNT_BA what are the points on which you are currently working and what points do you plan to move forward on those that I have stated?

4 Likes

I agree with most of the points raised. Federer’s generic forehand animation definitely needs work as he doesnt raise his leg off the ground when hitting most of his shots in real life.

I would also say that Nadal’s flat shot forehand doesnt look right either.

personally think they should re-work or remove the new running forehand animation. Its too unrealistic, doesnt look correct and gives too much computer assistance to the player by auto zooming/teleporting them to every ball that is out of reach on the forehand side. Looks very wonky in action. It also seems to be at odds with the games initial design philosophy which was to give the player much more manual and nuanced control over gameplay in a similar vein to Tennis Elbow or Full Ace.

2 Likes

@jez_0 I completely agree with his points there, I cite them too but you explain it well

1 Like

I have two modifications that would fix the gameplay. First of all, the preparation of the shot is too late which leads to strikes with pushing balls. Professionals prepare their forehand or backhand shot as early as possible and not when the ball hits the ground, because it is already too late.

And second thing, on balls at the net, the player must accompany his shot with his legs and allow himself to be carried forward each time. Currently he is too static and his legs are rigid, this is totally wrong.

the physics ball and speed ball are better at 6 early access . The rebound are more high and it more realistic

@JNT_BA hi can you reply please if its possible to make that , thank you

None of this is in my ability to say yes or no, until everything has been approved. All I can do for the time being is pass all of these along to the team which I do every work day!

4 Likes

Honestly, I think this feedback is all the game needs to be the best ever made. So it just a matter of reading it and try to add and implement as much of this feedback as you can :slight_smile: @JNT_BA @RossSymons

1 Like

Thanks you my friend

You must take my request @JNT_BA @RossSymons, we want this features on patch update futur
please

1 Like

Agreed! Also the slice backhand just seems to die on the court and only move a few inches before a second bounce

2 Likes

I downloaded the game at the Early Access 7. I understand that this game has been in Early Access since January. During the Early Access 7, although there were things to improve, in my view the game was something enjoyable, knowing that the final version was missing, which I expected to meet expectations. Well, they have taken a broken game wherever you look. Which I cannot recommend. Below I put a series of aspects that make the game authentically unfair:

• The expert mode is very easy to play for several reasons. First of all you start playing the first 2 or 3 games, where the AI ​​launches from left to right, without varying a single blow. You only go from one place to another on the track, do not repeat on the same side or by chance. Which makes, being in expert mode, the blows of the AI ​​are completely predictable and you can put 2 or 3 - 0, quickly. Once the AI ​​is able to overcome this bug, and it begins to have more blow variation, the Bug 2 begins that are the errors not forced, and it is not normal for a game to 2 sets - 3 games, I ended up with 3 united errors and AI with 25. Litaralmete There are games where it is not necessary to do anything, because the ball that launches the AI ​​always gives on the network. ALWAYS. In addition to this, many times when I launched a left, which is clear that AI arrives well, not only that a blow fails, which in real life is easy. It is that it throws the super ball away from the track, which makes no sense, and less when, I repeat, the blow is simple, arriving with all the time in the world to put the ball on the track. Finally. There is another bug, in which in the middle of the match the AI ​​begins to spend an entire point the ball on the same side. You can make a 40 blow rally where you varied the areas of the track and the launch so ball on the same side 8 in my case always next to the right).
  • Ball Physics: The game makes you abuse the lifted blow. The flat blows do not enter. I do not exaggerate. They do not enter, which makes one of the 2 main blows for the ball and the attack in the tennis, you cannot use it and always have to play with the lifted. On the other hand, the physics of the ball in cut blows is strange, it is too slow and, it does not boot. Many times you have the sensation that you arrive left over with your player and suddenly I simply do not boot enough and lose the point. This was worse in the Early Access 7, I have to say that I have noticed some improvement, but equally it happens, the ball does not boot enough in cut blows.
  • Network animations: It is very difficult for you to take a typical network, both right and backwards. The most normal thing is that, even if you are on the network, the animation is sudden Since the blea blows on the network are not lifted, much less, in real life. That takes away a lot of realism and it shows that there has not been enough work for the development of these animations.
  • Tiredness bar: it does not decrease. The players do not tire in the game and, above, tiredness also does not influence the development of the game or the development of a very long point where, fatigue could be decisive so that you do not reach a ball or arrive late and failure . Here simply the green bar does not decrease.
  • In the career with a professional player, you start with all experience points. To the fullest, so you cannot improve, you start to the fullest, I repeat, so winning matches will not add any experience.
  • Sometimes the repetitions do not frame the two players in the image and in the repetition of the ball only one of them is seen, omitting the other.
    In the race mode with a created player, when you are going to start creating your player, the first ones asks you are the name and surnames. Well, when I put the first letter of my last name, which starts by “P” automatically created the player, without even letting me edit his appearance, since I literally stood my last name and the process. I have seen that more people whose name or last name begins by P has also happened to them, that by pressing that key the game understands that you have created your player. It should be noted that then you can change the appearance of the player, although it did not let me select the haircut that I wanted. This bug does not make sense.
  • In Spanish the translations are bad hehcas treating a woman to Tsistipas in the interviews.
    I am waiting for upcoming updates to see their evolution, and change the review.
1 Like