Open/closed BETA release

Will there be any kind of a beta release (either closed or open)?

I’m sure there are plenty of willing participants keen to ensure the game is as bug free and playable as possible on release.

3 Likes

Rugbg 20 did something similar and it was great

1 Like

Was thinking the exact same thing after the delay announcement (which I don’t mind truthfully).

Considering the delay (according to the statement) is due in part to team/tournament licensing and not getting 3D player capture data, it would be great to provide a Gameplay Demo - with 2 unnamed teams and anonymous players.

OR… release a demo with the 2 RWC Grand Final Teams. It would be a fantastic marketing move, without needing to give away much of the game and any complications with licensing.

Everyone can get a feel of the game, whilst we wait an additional 5 months.

4 Likes

That WC beta release would be a great idea to market the game. Unfortunately from what we have seen from Nacon so far, it doesn’t appear like marketing is their strong point so i won’t hold my breat!!!

3 Likes

Please we need a beta

Also I’ve already pre ordered the physical copy so if you could distribute code to your retailers would be much appreciated

The retailer I used in particular was KOODOO in South Africa

I don’t know you from a bar of soap, but you give me the vibe of someone who only wants a Beta because they are impatient. Beta Testing is about improving the game, Would that be your Intention?

I don’t think a person on the planet wants a Beta at this point.

We want the game :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Nah, i’m fine with a beta. I just reaaly need to see and test the gameplay. If it isn’t on point I couldn’t care less about good graphics and perfect player faces, so yeah, beta for the gameplay, and let them polish the rest after

Not being funny but it is going early access. So there isn’t much point even talking about a Beta. That would have been done 6 months ago or more no?

And many people care about the graphics and player faces. Couldn’t care less about the gameplay if it is generic Bob playing generic John in the end anyway.

My understanding was that they do a bunch of testing in house and Nacon do as well.

1 Like

Why would they do that? Surely take the surprise out of launch day?