Overthrows in cricket 24

Anyone else experiencing an insane amount of overthrows while bowling in career mode (or other game modes)

3 Likes

Yes, but only during close call. When you get prompt to select which end by pressing L1 or R1, if you press X then it will be an insane wide throw, but if you press O then it will hit the stump or the player standing on stump will collect it.

1 Like

Oh thanks, I’m not talking about throws made by me though. Talking about throws made by the AI when throwing an outfield ball back to the keeper or bowler. Way too often the AI throws to the center of the pitch, the game doesn’t allow you to catch the return, and it misses all the fielders and goes to the boundary. It gets very frustrating especially when it ruins your economy or you’re defending a total

1 Like

Yeah this happens quite often for me too. I switched from semi-assisted fielding to manual, hoping it would make a difference, but the bowler still automatically moves to the stumps and the ball goes wide of him for overthrows. Rather annoying. And I still haven’t been able to collect the ball at the bowler’s end and flick the bails off for a run out since C24 came out. In C19 you had the weird animation where the bowler ran away from the stumps to throw the ball for the run out. In C22 it worked 100% where you could collect the ball and flick the bails off for a run out, but in C24 you can only take the bails off when the batsman is safe in his crease. (Tickets raised as well)

But yes, back to your question, I also have multiple overthrows while bowling.

1 Like

Agree, Cricket 22 fielding is much better

Yes, also experienced this.

I originally thought it was just with regional teams with poorer fielders but get it just as much with county teams.

Rather than throwing the ball to the bowler, fielders just throw it to the midpoint between the wickets.

2 Likes

This is becoming more and more frustrating. Every single game now and sometimes twice an over you get these stupid overthrows. You try and move your bowler to the correct position because you already know the throw is going to the middle of the pitch and the AI just takes control of the bowler and takes him to the wickets while you just look at the ball flying by and you can’t do a damn thing about it. NASA put a man on the moon ages ago en we were expecting flying cars by now, but we can’t seem to fix the overhtrow issue in a cricket game. I am begining to lose faith in humanity. :joy::joy: