Realistic Career mode

By the time your career player reaches the international level there is no known player in the team /squad.This situation doesn’t make the game realistic.There should be an option to change the opposition squad in the career mode as well.

4 Likes

This is something we have heard feedback on which we have sent along to the team. When you start as a rookie due to how the time currently works in-game most known players will have left/retired which means many of the teams we enjoy watching will be mostly different. We’ll pass it along to the team again to see what updates can be made to how it works. Thanks for the great suggestion!

4 Likes

Need a edit name option (minimum once) for auto created players in Career mode… It feels weird reading created players name in Indian career mode…

2 Likes

Regens could work.

However just keeping current “known” players forever playing is also not realistic. If it takes you 5 years to reach international level, it’s natural that players currently aged 32-34 would not be seen by that time.

1 Like

Well you are right @Rahul_Rants but lets say you are playing a test match in a carrer mode against England but you are not facing Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad, instead of that you are facing some unknown random English bowlers then whats the point of getting selected in the international team.you are still playing with some ramdom players just like when you started the career at club level or regional level.
So may be developers can add an option to change the opposition team/squad in the career mode as well.

1 Like

Thank you @JNT_BA for your response.
So to be more precise for example you are playing a test match in a carrer mode against England but you are not facing Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad, instead of that you are facing some unknown random English bowlers then whats the point of getting selected in the international team.you are still playing with some ramdom players just like when you started the career at club level or regional level.
So may be developers can add an option to change the opposition team/squad in the career mode as well.

Yes… ability to edit names and appearance of generated players please. Playing club league with the weird names, 2 bald guys and 3 guys with man-buns in your team and every team playing an opening bowler with Bumrah’s bowling action does become a little annoying. So I agree with this 100%. I don’t want to be able to edit any of the generated players’ skills, only names, appearance, bowling/batting animations and equipment if possible.

The issue where by the time you’re promoted from club level into the domestic leagues and most of the actual players have retired, I think it worked better in C19. What I usually do is change most of the players’ date of birth to be slightly older than my career player and that should in theory create an environment where you play the majority of your career against the real life superstars and not the generated players. I did the same in C22 but most of the real life players aren’t there or their skill levels have dropped so low that you can’t select them into your team anyways. Like I said, I think it worked a little better in C19. So hopefully we can fine tune this and be able to play a bigger part of our career with real players in our squads. Maybe when we create our custom line-ups in the academy and setting up our career, we can have some slider or option to adjust how long the superstars will be able to play or how quickly they will reach retirement age etc. Or maybe just keep it simple and give us like 3 levels of how dynamic the line-ups should be. Something like Full, Partial or Minimal. Full will be something like the current setup of C22 and minimal will be where your created squad/line-up will remain mostly the same for longer during your career.

1 Like

Another thing I’m thinking about now is… if you feel it will get boring playing with the same line-up for a large part of the career, allow players to be traded between different teams in the same league. That way you still get to play with/against the real life superstars, without getting bored playing in the exact same team for 15 years. I know it gets a bit boring playing for the exact same domestic teams every season. I would like to be able to join a new team or get offers from different teams in the same league. Or when I don’t perform I get traded to another team. When I become captain I would also like to have some say in which players we can scout and make offers to join our team etc. This will also give the captain a little more to do than just tossing the coin and making some on field decisions.

One thing I miss from DB17 was being able to play in so many different domestic leagues. As a South African domestic player I would like to be able to change things up and go play in the NZ domestic leagues for a season or two for example. So changing teams and playing in different leagues will always keep your career exciting and it won’t become a boring routine after 5 seasons.

I have a player career mode were i play for kuwait can i get picked for them?