The success rate of a flat shot is zero

Of course, now you don’t need to hit the ball flat, you can easily sweep the AI with just the topspin.

3 Likes

yeah, I just tried the full game release today, and hitting flat shots is almost impossible to do. Every time I go for a flat shot it just goes into the net, even with the players that are meant to be the “counter punchers” that are suppose to be able to hit deep flat shots

1 Like

The main thing is that you can no longer use a flat shot on the return serve, and if the opponent returns the ball with a low quality, we can use a flat shot, but then we lose the charm of the flat shot, because that kind of ball topspin can also blast the winning point.

I feel the same way, every shot lands on the net.

There is a way to ensure that most flat shots still go in but its not easy and takes practice. Whether its a good design choice i am not sure but i am enjoying at least now that I can hit them again.

1 Like

Is top spin OP again like it was in EA6?

Yes maybe even worse than before

Omg, how is it even possible in almost full release?! C’mon @JNT_BA @RossSymons, I’m wondering what is the reason that even after long early access and with deep feedback from many of us you can not balance your game?

2 Likes

It’s definitely worst than EA 7 they have really messed up the release build

3 Likes

As of today, however, there is an extreme ease in directing the ball, which makes it almost impossible to make errors or hit the ball out of bounds (something that was possible before the patch). Additionally, flat shots have become nearly impossible; even the AI, on the highest difficulty, frequently misses them, making rallies unmanageable. I understand the need to “simplify” top-spin shots, but now it has become way too easy. In my opinion, it’s necessary to take a step back and improve the animations and fluidity of the player on the court, especially when dealing with balls that fall near the net. I’m attaching an image of a match played at the highest difficulty level—take a look at how many errors the AI made in just two sets. The errors on my part occurred when I attempted to respond with flat shots.

That’s sort of how it should be. Top Spin is the universal shot in higher level tennis and pretty much any professional level player is going to use top spin regularly.

Flat shot are working only when your are running and enough time to charge it

Beside flat shot beeing useless, I played just two match on this release build (extreme) and won them because of aces, on juice side slice and on advantage side flat serve. Also no ball boys, poor surface animations and marks, no sorry animation and some basic tennis stuff.
If this is indeed release build then it’s worst since EA6.
Really dissapointed at this point.

1 Like

Yes, but at that time, the topspin ball can also blast the winning point, and it is more secure and less prone to mistakes. So I think the flat shot has lost his role.

I think that top spin needs to be more risky when you try to hit near the lines and closed angles.
Actually the top spin just never goes out it’s almost impossible to make unforced errors.
The timing when hitting needs to be shorter when we try risky shots near the line or when we are hitting after a long run.
Stamina needs to affect the timing Window.

1 Like

actually, the aiming when using topspins(especially when aiming near the lines) was already fixed on the EA7 the risk/reward when using precise shot(LT/RT) was perfect but they revert it back for some reason and now its a big issue again

4 Likes

You can hit the shot but only at full power basically. Its not as fun without being able to do a mix of topspin and flat shots. I don’t understand why they made such an extreme change. EA 6 was more to my liking. They need to allow you to make the shot at a slower pace.