Update 20/09/24 Slice Shots Are Now Bugged And Not Working Xbox Series X

@JNT_BA

I like that the reflex shot issue with flat shots has now been fixed but a new bug has been introduced where all of the players are now hitting reflex shots off their slice shots. None of the players have slices anymore. The only player I have tried that still has a working slice is Federer. Everyone else the slice shot is not working.

3 Likes

Did they finally fix aiming at least? Is it more like during early access?

Also Sharapova is bugged on all her groundstrokes she just blocks nearly every shot back.This is on the Xbox version of the game.

@JNT_BA

Kokkinakis, Tsonga and Federer seem to have some sort of a slice animation.

Federer’s slice off both backhand and forehand is working.

Tsonga and Kokkinakis only have some sort of slice for backhand but no forehand slice and just reflex’s from that wing.

Djokovic, Nadal, Medvedev, Murray, Evans, Sinner, Alcaraz do not have any working slice animations. They wont even charge the shot up and will only reflex.

Sharapova was spotty for me. She was mostly working but there was a point in the match where she bugged out and I couldn’t hit anything other than reflex shots. She also does not have a working slice.

I am sure other players are also affected but have not tested everyone.

Still can’t hit into tram lines in doubles and the CPU is horrifically bad on expert in doubles mode. It had improved in the last patch but has completely reverted back to release after today’s patch. CPU players are making constant net errors off almost every shot. My CPU partner has made 8 net errors from basic forehands in the first two games.

2 Likes

Things i noticed they changed:

• new federer face model

• reworked slice animations(forehand and backhand)

• obvious 2 new players

• new movement selection/system

• faster transitions between points

• pumped up the AI in expert a little(they don’t make stupid errors on shorter or high balls) to be honest i am not a fan of the way they try to make the AI better. They want to make them like a God in expert more and more. Returns are still busted. Every shot from the AI is deep in the corners. I don’t know if y’all like this i think it’s a cheap way to make the game more challening.

New Bug:
As you said slice shots are now the new Flat shots…they just trigger a push shot now…why? Don’t know xD

Still not addressed:

• Return/Serve: Return is overpowered and/or Serve is more of a disadvantage in this game. Hit a 220 km/h serve…well the AI just answers it with a deep flat right at the baseline and you are immediately in a defensive position every time! That’s total BS big ant!

• Risk/Reward: As i said…is it so hard to make the blue blinking perfect shot a really deep and hard shot and the Red overpowerd one a misshit all the time? Now it’s random…sometime it goes out sometimes not…the perfect shot timing isn’t an advantage? Why? Don’t know xD

• Murray serve animation still wrong

• wide serve is still abusable and is a ace 90 percent of the time!(to be honest, i don’t feel guilty to abuse wide serve against expert AI because i have the feeling i play against a running cheatcode xD)

• still no gameplay sliders

i am sure there is more but i just had time to test the new update 3 hours…and to be honest…those 3 hours where enough for me because that’s approximately how long this game makes fun right now.

1 Like

This game is absolutely bad. It’s just not ready. It takes years to complete.
The stamina system does not exist.
Carrer mode has no content.
The money earned cannot be spent.
There are no unique skills, no rewards, no rare clothes, there is nothing exciting in career mode.
I don’t see any injuries in the game.
No game customization.
And it’s a full price game.
I’m sorry, but it could be fun.
The roster is number one, it just needs a lot more content.

1 Like

@JNT_BA

Just as a test, I created a player using Djokovic’s shot templates and the created player can actually perform slice shots unlike the real Djokovic in game at the moment.

1 Like

I think all created players are ok? just certain players shots are bugged aka Sharapova and alot other pro’s have block shots for the slice backhand ect.Created Sharapova with Sharapova groundstrokes play like normal so there’s definitely a bug cuasing this.Hopefully it can be fixed asp.

Pretty much it yea.

@JNT_BA I don’t want to come across like I am bashing the game constantly because I am really loving the gameplay at the moment. Thank you to the team for fixing the flat shots its made a massive difference to rallies. Just a shame that we are now having issues with the slices.

1 Like

@JNT_BA i agree, there are a bug with slice shot even on pc version.

And another issue, since begining, the backhand style of star players never apply on our created player, we always have a generic backhand.

Please, fix this 2 issues fast, on career we unlock playstyle but if we stay with generic bakchand, its usless.

So please, see with dev team :pray:

We love the gameplay now and difficulty its very nice now :heart_eyes:

Juste fix the rest of issue and it will be perfect.

And i forget one thing, on career we can’t have ALL challenger (163) for the same character ? We need that please. In real life, players can travel from France to china or Argentina to play Challenger.

But for now, the game limit that.

See with dev for that please.

Thank you for listening :pray:

1 Like

this is not bashing imo…we are pointing out shortcomings plus abusable systems in the gameplay plus loads of good feedback how it could be better…for months now…but somehow the developers have a hard time implenting those ideas and feedback we give. btw if you play longer you find even more abusable “tactics”. For example…the AI has a hard time answering the modified slice shot. I think the dip drive shot is overpowerd too…but i have to test it more to really come to an conclusion on that.

1 Like

My career mode is still broken. I still can’t upgrade my player from level 43. When will BA sort this out

You have to do the trainings to lv up in career mode

@JNT_BA

Hi,

Just wanted to quickly report that the new mini patch that has adjusted slice timing doesnt seem to be having any effect. Most of the players still arent slicing sadly.

Slice timing patch works for Xbox, can now slice with Djokovic etc. Steam version seems to be broken still. @JNT_BA

Not work on pc with this new patch

I hope they will fix that fast :pray:

1 Like

It’s working on Xbox but not Steam for some reason. Made a huge difference on Xbox, can actually slice like normal again now.

2 Likes

Really i dont understand why there are lot of difference between plateforme. Pc version always have more issue then orhers plateforme when update come :cry:

2 Likes