Video for developpers (Expert mode) after new update PC

Hi @JNT_BA @RossSymons

here’s a video I made tonight 22 august with new update, creating a generic player with the lowest rating in the game (46) against Djokovic with the highest rating (93) in expert mode.

i don’t know if its only PC version or all plateforme but watch what happens :

I’ll let the devleoppeurs analyze what’s wrong, but I’ll give a few opinions:

• when I serve, look at the AI’s behavior: it hits the ball and then stands still for a second or two, it’ll never catch up.
  • Djokovic often stops his sprint, he’s very slow compared to me.
  • my precise shots with RT and LT are too easy and make it very difficult for the AI to get past them.
  • iA lacks a lot of aggression, look at his serve, it’s supposed to be an advantage for him but my first shot completely changes the point and i quickly take the lead. no ace, no power, she has to punish me.
  • have you seen my serves? she can’t do a thing, I win in 2 strokes.

if you see anything else, let us know, I only made this video to show developers what’s wrong with difficulty.

thank you :+1:

6 Likes

I have noticed playing on a difficult level the same thing that decides those on the expert level. The opponent either misses one that is very easy to score or right off the bat he hits you with an ace or sends you all to the line. There is no middle ground and that means there is not much of a fight.

Yep that latence the IA shows after its shot is a problem.

When you play tennis after hitting you have to be ready for next shot super quick.

1 Like

but i’m confident, the developers are listening and i’m sure they’re seeing the same problems. we’ve got a game with a lot of potential, we’re going to be patient because once it’s improved we’ll be able to play it for years to come.

we’ll continue to give feedback on the game to help improve it, as we’ve been doing since January 2024. :+1:

for example, there’s no ‘restart a match’ option in exhibition to avoid having to go back to the home screen and reconfigure the players, match settings, etc.

1 Like

There is still more tuning to do. We don’t want to flat out increase like we did with I believe EA5 maybe, where they got to Every. Single. Ball!!!

4 Likes

The AI on hard and expert just has to be tuned to get back to the center of the court quicker after taken wide outside court,players are just using wide angled shot winners that the AI has no chance to get to because they pause then move to the center but it is too late.

it’s true, on the EA5 the iA was on all the balls

I think that if the Ai was very aggressive (really aggressive), we wouldn’t be able to put all our power into it so easily.

the example of the AI’s serve is perfect, from the serve onwards, it should dictate the rally. but here it’s me dictating the rally from my first stroke with the racket.

Take your time, the most important thing is that we have a real challenge to match. :pray:

1 Like

everyone is focused only on AI movement and agressiveness yes its part of the issue but y’all missing the main point why its so easy to beat the AI AND why every game against AI OR online is zig-zag on every shot its because lines and angles needs to be more difficult to aim, we dont even need to aim right now we can carelessly do diagonals all game long. If y’all dont want to change it at least give us gameplay sliders for offline games. this was already fix in EA7 why change it back it was a big improvement

1 Like

yes, i said for exemple my shot with RT or LT + B (top spin) its very very easy to find good angle and of course you add that AI is slow and stay 2 seconde after hit the ball…

but i really insist that Ai needs to be much more aggressive. starting with service
and then during the rally

so yes, it’s all about finding the good balance.

I think I must be the only person who actually loved that :slight_smile:

Yeah, that was a hard one to undo cause some people absolutely loved it. It was a rush for some people. Many, many others… whoa the feedback was intense.

Could we not just add a legendary difficulty and crank it way back up for that but not quite as extreme as EA5, while the other difficulties get a more nuanced approach?

1 Like

Honestly take your time to find the good balance the update you released yesterday is already a step in the good direction.
Don’t roll back the AI as it was on EA5 because it was on all balls and it was not fun and not realistic at all to play against a wall that just return every shot in every position.

I think the main focus should be on the timing of the shot when aiming for the lines with flat shot that needs to be way more risky now it’s impossible to make unforced errors with flat shots.

You can also make the timing window shorter the more we run like a stamina affecting our shots.

At least try this in Expert mode please.

1 Like

Well i was winning on expert before last nights patch and now i can lose on Medium difficulty and half the time i cannot judge which way they are going to hit winners which is great and that is with multiple AI opponents. The cpu now gets drop shots and moves to the 2 slice serve exploits which use to be a certain ace down the center right side of court and the standing wide on baseline with slice in which they move to the side before you hit the ball and get it back easy,this is on Medium difficulty,all that is needed for the higher difficulties is the cpu gets back to the center quicker so it is ready for the wide angle winners which are exploited a little. I never use the 2 triggers together which makes the game far more realistic.

You can learn a lot from Tennis Elbow 4 not Topspin. I suggest you have a look. A hybrid of your game presentation and TE4 gameplay is match made in heaven. Until then, I will be sticking with TE4.

3 Likes