Academy Creations

Always amazes me how more windscreens aren’t shattered at those ovals

Can I ask @JNT_BA, when it comes to creating stadiums, I notice that there is a budget. What is the reason behind that?

Only because I created our local oval which is surrounded by a lot of trees and then not much else, and noticed that when I got close to finishing it, I had reached the budget because the trees took up a fair bit of it.

Is there any possibility of ‘extending’ that in future (or even removing it)?

So when it comes to the budgets these are set to make sure stadiums arent overfull with different items and can cause issues. As we have to take into consideration the older gen hardware, the caps are there to make sure that there are no massive frame drops or issues when taking into consideration all devices’ capabilities. As stadiums can be shared and need to be compatible with all of the versions making balancing that number very hard across not just two console generations but adding high and low-end PC’s in there as well.

1 Like

Handy to know.

Any hints or tips as to what makes stadiums expensive (or what we can avoid doing to not cash out)?

The one I have created literally has a clubroom (the big brick building looking one), some benches as stands, and a scoreboard, light and trees. And like I said… already at 100% budget.
Yet I see stadiums that look like colosseums and I am guessing that’s all fine.

Port Augusta the home of the mighty Connor :rose:ee :muscle:

I beleive he was at Souths as a junior. I’m more of a Westies man myself :wink:

trees are expensive. That’s why I’d love a 2d bush or backdrop with transparency and trees on it, espcially for all the bush ovals out there.

2 Likes

Was about to suggest this. When I tried to do my old stomping ground I got 1/4 around the oval with trees and hit my budget :joy:

Turns out deleting 200 trees is a real pain too. The selector pointer/cursor is so terribly precise and really doesn’t like selecting trees in order to delete them. A brief tap of the “place” button inserts about 4 trees at a time, then you have to hit delete about 20 times to delete the 4 of them because it’s so selective with how accurate you need to be to delete.

1 Like

I’ve made the suggestion here and in tickets before multiple times. If @JNT_BA tells me the format we needs it in I’m happy to build it :wink:

I think that if the player numbers are ever expanded, I’ll recreate the Mortlock Shield. Nothing beats a bit of rep footy. Technically making this would simply be about making guernseys and logos as the players are drawn from the 4 Eyre Peninsula Leagues (Port Lincoln, Eastern Eyre, Western Eyre and Great Flinders). The Port Lincoln League has two teams Lincoln City and Lincoln Districts probably pointing to the higher strength of the Port Lincoln Football League.

Kimba players all selected

1 Like

Ports too

1 Like

Eastern Eyre Football League Mortlock Shield

Not sure what these are called, but they felt necessary…

They aren’t very detailed because I wanted to fit all the various nodes under 400 so that I didn’t ahve to try and line it all up again in guernsey creator.

Great Flinders Football League Mortlock Shield

Here is the newer tag being used in South Australia with the Think! instead of the older MAC

It looks rather rough, but once again trying to stay under 400 nodes and knowing it won’t be seen up close so there is some room to prioritise certain things.

Lincoln Districts Mortlock Shield (Port Lincoln Football League)

Lincoln City Mortlock Shield (Port Lincoln Football League)

Very nice work. It that all done on PC or can that be done on console too? Just wondering as ir be nice to do it on Xbox when the game makes it to Xbox.

I do all my modding on PC. I make the logos using Photoshop and save in 400 node SVG format.
It would technically be possible to use the drawing tool in the Logo Creator on XBox, but I find Illustrator easier.