AFL 23 - Megathread

For general conversation.

2 Likes

Hey i was wondering when is the next patch for AFL 23 coming out on playstation 5? I know steam had one recently which was quite big and included player editing etc.

Thanks

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there is no set time for patches as they have to go through the approval process. All details for when an update will go out and what it will include will be pushed to Twitter, which I’m sure we will post here to give the latest updates on the process. Rest assured we are continuing to work on the game and update it!

4 Likes

Okay thanks because i would really love the new patch update asap

Hi team,
How does jostling in a marking contest work? Is it currently in the game and are there planned future improvements for it?

(Also, does this belong in this Megathread, or should we create a new topic?)

1 Like

Is there a roadmap for upcoming future patches to AFL 23? What are you still working on in gameplay/management mode etc?

2 Likes

While in the animation when in a contested mark you will see the players move up against each other, when it comes to the current setup for marking contests there is no added jostling mechanic taken into account with how it currently works, I’ll pass along the idea to the team to see if it is possible in future iterations.

4 Likes

While the set shot gameplay is really enjoyable atm, i see it as similar to the arcade controls found on Cricket 22, where it is timing based and using a reticle to aim.

Was wondering if there were any plans to bring in Pro mode controls for set shots using the right joystick?

Looking forward to being part of this forum. Enjoyed the other one, will still engage in that, but agree it needs to be separated for the game (and our own) wellbeing. Love the game so far, have clocked nearly 100 hours or so, and can’t wait to see how far this game goes once we get those fixes.

Love your work BA and fingers crossed this forum can garner a good community!

7 Likes

Love the new page team! Here’s to a constructive and enjoyable experience!

7 Likes

Hi Team, are there any plans to include a ‘Side Select’ option in game for season and custom competition? Currently this is only available in play now mode

1 Like

Hey Guys, just a great idea is to PLEASE bring back the slider adjustments like previous games - I feel it will solve a lot of issues & make us not that good enjoy the game a lot more - I appreciate your efforts with the constant update’s absolutely outstanding work

2 Likes

This is a big one for me

While the stick does have a number of uses in the game. Primarily when it comes to marking contests it will initiate the spoil mechanic over anything else depending on the setup of the contest with player positioning taken into consideration.

1 Like

So when the controls say ‘bump/jostle’, does that more refer to jostling when running next to each other in general gameplay, rather than jostling in a marking contest?
I think that’s the confusion.

1 Like

Yeah, this actually would be the best way to view it which is also in the lead-up while the players are getting into the specific marking contest mechanic itself as well.

2 Likes

for afl 23 on Xbox, will it be released digitally in june/early july still or when the discs are released?

1 Like

Not a major thing but it would be nice if the score graphic matches what the teams wear (like 7 has irl) and is there any plans to introduce the Fox score graphic as well? Or the ability for players to create older versions too (maybe something for future iterations of the game)

Hey all! Good to be here!

Just wondering if we can get an idea of what’s left to come in the game?
Will there be more to management mode for example?
Cheers

2 Likes

Hey Guys, Love the new forums.

I do have two questions and if you can only answer one of them at this time JNT, That’s all good with me.

1. Is there a timeline for when the Sub will be fully fixed and functional?

2. Is there plans to add more options in the Acadamy in terms of creation options like having the ability to give a player glasses (i.e. like Mason Cox who already has them on in-game) or getting the option to use Old-School style collars for the Guernsey Creator to give those retro teams that extra touch or to recreate those throwback uniforms Geelong and St. Kilda have worn this year with the old-style collars?

I appreciate that Big Ant are still working on the game and are making themselves more open for the public to contact. Hopefully within time, We’ll get the game that we’ve been all hoping for and all of the ups and downs of the past few months will be worth it. :smile:

2 Likes