AFL 23 - Megathread

I can guarantee we get something today… Friday night footy, but that is all it seems so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully even just a little patch would be nice I’m doing a Gold Coast management mode on hardest and my %is over 200 just getting a little boring so hopefully a nice little patch that’s harder would be nice

1 Like

Based on Big ants record, that would not achieve much. Their sequels have always been full of errors and bugs anyway. Much better finishing this one off first.

1 Like

The likelihood of a new afl game from BA next year is zero. AFL23 is only a year old, most games have a lifespan of 3 to 4 years. So there might be a new AFL game from BA probably around 2028 or 2029. Don’t expect a new game til then.

For them to introduce proteam, but not have another game until 2028. That just doesn’t add up/make sense. Unless they keep adding the new players each year to new packs.

That’s what they will most likely do. We would have by now had news of a new title keeping updating the game with rosters, ProTeam packs ect.

I reckon they will bring one out in 26. They usually go for a 2-3 year lifespan (including dlc’s) for their games before the release a new one. It’s been that way for their cricket games and AO 2 was 2 years after AO 1.

I reckon they’ll do the same for AFL. So 2026 is the most likely release day for mine.

2 Likes

Praying this is sarcasm.

hey big ant when is pro team coming out

1 Like

It can happen anytime during the work week. Just depends when the micro transaction system is ready to get the green light. It could take weeks, possibly months and godforbid another year. The truth is no one really knows.

why does it need to be approved

Platform holders have policies around micro transactions and for it to be approved it needs to be in the guidelines that are given. Plus this is BA’s first game to have micro transactions added, so it will take time

Time is the one thing Big Ant have had an abundance of.

3 Likes

When will the next update be released?

Remember a month ago when we were supposed to get Proteam. I do

7 Likes

@JNT_BA can we expect any short videos maybe with packs being opened, updates this week while we continue to wait??

But as you say there are guidelines, therefore Bigant should follow them. It’s almost like the guidelines are a cryptic clue that Big ant are trying to work out. Big ant sold proteam to us as a finished product a year ago. There are guidelines that Big ant have had over a year to work out. I’m very skeptical of anyone who continues to defend Big ant on here. Get a grip Bigant.

3 Likes

I find it amusing that people are defending Big Ant here. Initially, this mode was supposed to be released a week or two after launch. A day before it was meant to release they announced a short delay which has now turned into a month delay Now, it appears we won’t be getting the mode before finals at this rate. What especially frustrates me is their reluctance to release any more short teasers or updates.I get they have strict rules, but it shouldn’t be hard to show us a few pictures of the legends cards to keep us interested. It now feels like that we have no idea when this will release.

4 Likes

Personally I’m not defending anyone, I have faith that everything will be sorted out , I prefer to be neutral and friendly :clap::+1:

I’ve also noticed a few minor things that haven’t been brought up that make the game feel less realistic. For example, cheer squads are often in the wrong end, like the Richmond cheer squad at the city end during home games. It’s also odd that the national anthem isn’t played at finals games except for the grand final. And seeing the MCG half-empty during a preliminary final justs feels off, as well as the camera being on the wrong side of the ground. Fixing these simple issues would make the experience much more realistic and enjoyable

2 Likes