AFL 23 - Megathread

If there’s ‘no chance on waiting on the game mode for 5 months’ then I’d love to hear your full take on what’s happened. Please enlighten us :grinning:

I think it’s obvious that it wasn’t ready in time. And hear we have people like you who will defend big ant to save their life and will say they haven’t done a single thing wrong while we all wait on a game mode that’s only a year and a half late

‘It wasn’t ready in time’. So are you saying it being ready for all but one platform holder is a lie? I mean surely you have a deeper theory than that?
I’d love you to find the quote where I’ve said ‘they haven’t done a single thing wrong’ too please :pray:

@JNT_BA Would this (ProTeam) have anything to do with what’s happening with Microsoft being down across the globe at the moment?

No. That would be 100% unrelated.

Unrelated. But yeah that whole situation crazy.

Cool I was a bit worried :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry not sorry @JNT_BA

2 Likes

Not a bad winning goal for Rachelle tonight, predicted the Crows to win and I guess I chose right :sweat_smile:

No proteam, no dons win. What a depressing weekend :frowning:

2 Likes

My Eagles line up in my longest save has both Jamieson and Draper as my two rucks. (I poached from Essendon Draper, Perkins and I got Jones as a delisted free agent.). I use the random generated players and get them OP and then I use them as leverage to steal other players :wink:

Surely eventually we can train players in the management career mode that has to be added right?

Would be cool if they would happen but BA won’t touch management mode as they consider it as a complete mode. Maybe they might change their minds and add lots more content to management mode

1 Like

Nope. Unfortunately it looks like we arent getting any updateds to management mode.
So a lackluster management mode and no pro team leaves us with play now…

5 Likes

If there is ever a successor title (which I hope will be far better. But I also doubt we will get another one) I hope the lessons learnt will help steer to a better game and prosper.

@BringBackTheTorp I wouldn’t call it lacklustre, I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration. They’ve done a decent enough job of it to make it more than enjoyable over and different experiences over multiple saves. Does it need fine tuning? Yes. But people talking down on Management Mode need to realise it’s in the same boat as FIFA/NBA from the early 2010s, which is more than fine in my eyes. In terms of the progression side of things, I actually prefer seeing whether draft picks hit their potential naturally, makes it more realistic.

I just think they need to fix up the player stats/ages and draft picks after 2027 being horrendous.

1 Like

No injuries and suspensions over a year into publish is a bit of a concern though. Management mode has to be improved and focused on next in my opinion

3 Likes

So no injuries or suspensions, no ability to ‘train’ players, no off field challenges a coach may experience, no player morales, horrendous A.I for draftees after 2 years, no front office outside of trades and draft, it’s hardly a management mode.

I think you’ll find that fifa and 2k had a lot of features back in the 2010s - they were prime years of management modes before the Ultimate Teams took over their focus. It really is just a string of play now games with the ability to trade and draft.

Definitely lackluster in my opinion. The disappointing this is it doesnt look set to change and I really love a good management mode, but sadly I’ll have to stick to Fifa for that.

The only time i really play afl23 is play now games when my brother and I catch up, or the occasional online private match together. Ive been mainly waiting for Pro Team this whole time.

5 Likes

Exactly right mate, lets hope for the next game it’s really deep. At least at the AFL Evolution 2 level of deep. Also getting player career in like they have in their cricket games would be amazing. My heart sunk when they announced it wouldn’t be in the game

@BringBackTheTorp As I said, fine tuning, they’re easy fixes, except for morale, that’s definitely in the game already. ‘Management mode’ is still technically correct giving you are managing the squad though…

You’ll find in those prime years there wasn’t any training as such, that was before the potential system was brought in and especially in fifa, the potential was based off age + value. These big companies have had 20 years of continuous games and insane resources to fine tune their modes.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed too that I’ve voiced concerns of the mode for over a year and they haven’t been acknowledged.

Meanwhile I’ve played 170+ hours of management mode, so I feel I’ve got a pretty decent idea of the ins and outs of the mode