AFL 23 - Megathread

Interesting take, why do think it would be a funding issue?

1 Like

Personally I don’t think it is, I was just thinking maybe that would help speed it along

1 Like

The old brown paper bag eh?

1 Like

That’s genius actually, give that last platform holding it up some money to get it through :joy::wink:

1 Like

Anything is possible. The irony is it could be just bugs holding it back or some software errors which is a very common and plausible issue

1 Like

It would be nice if someone from BA could just come out and tell us what is happening and when we can expect pro team.
I would disappear until then, but this whole ‘any moment now’ is driving me nuts.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s driving them nuts too mate, there’s no logical reason they’d hold it back after it’s ready to go.

1 Like

The problem is it’s always the little guy that cops the heat. Sure, the game is by no means perfect and Pro Team should have been out on release. But as far as the communication side goes Big Ant pretty much have their mouths duct taped by those above them, we see this with pretty much every game that gets delayed across the industry. It sucks, I know they’d share more if they could

3 Likes

This is why I would say (reading WAAAAAYYY too much into the comments on here) that it’s politics… not dev bugs, that is delaying it all.

Yes, @JNT_BA that’s going off the Carlton v Port Adelaide comment, I know… but the mention of “very soon” but delayed another week, plus the Tug o War comment and “If I could say more I would” really looks like it’s something out of BA’s control…

Politics with platform holders, or the publisher, or third parties (like licensing?)… Dunno.
I just hope we’re talking a few days of delay, and not another month or months…

4 Likes

No game is 100 percent perfect but over the lifetime a game could go from being average to one of the best games on the market. I still think the game has lots of potential and I hope we see some amazing stuff in the near future. I can live with bugs (game ones) and I can live without Proteam I’m very loyal to the game.

I think we all need to believe in joe hendry then it will come out

1 Like

There’s only 4 rounds plus finals left now no point in releasing it if it’s already been delayed 2 months “and for reasons out of your control” we won’t be hearing any news for at least this week

1 Like

Hate to break it to you mate, there’s 6 rounds left. Not sure who you barrack for but they must be putting you through hell :rofl:

1 Like

How’d you know I was a Richmond supporter :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This point i simply give up…

1 Like

I’m not gonna come here and absolute just dish out abusive about big ant. But the word I would describe for pro team would be simply disappointed. From seeing the mode in the first trailer a year and a bit ago and seeing how excited everyone was to play this game mode I really wonder what could have been if it released a couple weeks after launch. I guess my frustration lies in the fact that I understand things change very quickly but the fact of the matter is that they’ve had over a year to release this game mode and it’s simply not good enough that it hasn’t been released a year and a half later. With all the delays we’ve been put through i think a lot of people have given up waiting for this to drop. It’s sad looking through the forums after they said their would be a short delay and people would come up with their own assumptions everyday on when it would drop because their so desperate for the mode to drop. To now hearing it looks like it’s been delayed again to how ever long. It’s sad to know what could of been of pro team if it dropped on time.

9 Likes

If it’s not out next week, it might be time to start dishing out refunds to everyone.

Pull the pin and try again with Afl25/26 - however i won’t be pre-ordering this time.

If the game had have launched in it’s current state, with pro team then i think we would all be saying it’s the greatest AFL game to date. However it’s been a rough journey with no end in sight.

9 Likes

i think when talking about delays we also need to remember these facts:

-a mode like this cant release until all platforms are live. X Box didnt give their green light until September. So due to fair play it couldnt be released during that time.

-xbox approves in september during finals, with 4 weeks left i think everyone universally agreed there was no point with the season over.

In essence the main delay has been from March 2024 till now.

Doesnt make it any less frustrating but i really think context is needed with these things showing the full picture.

The mode hasnt just been sitting there 2 weeks after launch and they just cbf loading it up for example.

No, however i think the concern was that it was ready to go from the start.
Its easy to blame platform holders or external stakeholders at this point, however at the end of the day it wasn’t ready at launch. If everything was 100% ready to go at launch none of us would be having this conversation.

Instead by this point we would be begging jnt for a new iteration of the game after 18 months of greatness.

3 Likes

Why has there been a delay from march to now then. Theirs no chance you can be waiting on approval for a game mode for over 5 months if you have been working on it from most likely sometime in 2022. And then why wouldnt you send it off to be approved in the off season so it would be ready for the start of the 2024 season?