AFL 23 - Megathread

Not disagreeing at all they need to rectify all this asap. They know that.

I dont think all of us backing off and sitting in the corner patently is the right answer. Being vocal and sharing frustrations shows not only BA, but Nacon, the AFL and whoever else is involved that we want this to happen and we want it to happen yesterday.

Everyone wants this to succeed so we can get further improvements on our beloved game turned video game. Hopefully pro team drops soon and we can then go back to supporting BA in what will hopefully be future iterations.

2 Likes

All Iā€™m saying is that I think sitting in a forum where only one BA person is involved complaining everyday isnā€™t going to achieve anything, considering is hasnā€™t worked for a year now.

No one seems to have stepped up and actually made a complaint legally if you all think youā€™re entitled to refunds.

Entitled to refunds? Sure, i believe people are.

I personally havenā€™t even tried to go down that path because i want pro team and WANT to support development of AFL games. A class action would potentially stop any future development of AFL games. Same reason i dont want freebies when it launches, i purely just want to play and earn the rewards in pro team.

We complain to @JNT_BA because we know he passes on and even shares our frustrations. Just because he is the only one doesnt mean we arent heard. I respect JNT because i dont know too many people that would still be in his role dealing with what he does every day. However as there is no one else to voice these frustrations to unfortunately he cops it all. I know he will read everything in here with tied hands, but behind the scenes he is definitely passing it all on.

2 Likes

The way itā€™s all shaping up, I doubt we get a new game next year anyways. Probably another roster/fixture update with a new title in 2026.
Would be nice to have some clarity around all of this but clearly communication is not on their list of things to improve and this isnā€™t a JNT thing as heā€™s mentioned before that heā€™d like the communication to be better

2 Likes

I want to make sure you know Iā€™m not personally attacking you, youā€™ve been great in voicing your opinion and actually having essence into what youā€™re saying.
Itā€™s the people complaining regularly, asking for freebies etc who are the ones that wouldnā€™t be helping their own case.
Considering itā€™s been weeks now, people need to lower their expectations on communication and find something to do in the meantime, pro team will come, itā€™s not worth the daily mental stress.

2 Likes

i bearly play the game anymore because of the pro team issue

1 Like

I fully understand itā€™s not an attack at me.

I know there are people sick of me constantly going on and on about it, but i also know theres people who dont want to speak up for various reasons and live vicariously through me and others who do.

As i said the freebies donā€™t make too much sense to me personally, just takes away what would be the thrill of the chase in the mode.

I have no doubt that pro team will come, its just a matter of when is the issue. It doesnt cause me any mental stress, however i would simply go away if the communication was clearer.

Im not lowering my expectations, i know i should but in my mind thatā€™s almost letting them get away with it. Holding anyone/anything to high expectations is a good thing because you know they are capable of it.

Im excited to play online against everyone in pro team and hopefully a few usernames will be recognisable for a good bit of banter! :joy::ok_hand:

Just my thoughts for whatever they are worth.

4 Likes

All we need is a simple ā€œit wonā€™t be coming out today/this weekā€ as we still have no idea if it will come out today or in a month

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve just got a more chill mindset about it all because Iā€™ve played management mode enough to get my moneyā€™s worth and will continue to do so.

My frustration has been that I havenā€™t been heard with ideas and changes for the mode, especially considering there hasnā€™t been a gameplay update for 3 months now.

What platform are you on, so that I can keep an eye out? :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah ive played plenty but really bored with the lack of things to do as of current.

We should have had another gameplay update by now but my understanding is pro team delaying that too.

Iā€™m on playstation but it is crossplay so it shouldnt matter. Ill drop my psn when it launches, maybe we could all jump in discord chats or something and have our own launch party to compare notes and teams etc

1 Like

I wonder once ProTeam comes out how quickly the gameplay patch will follow it

1 Like

Itā€™s not for everyone on a long-term scaleā€¦Iā€™ve been used to it for years as itā€™s always been my preferred mode over online gameplay.

That would be a fun idea, considering Discord is on PS now. @JNT_BA this would be something cool to host, I bet youā€™d get some good engagement

Itā€™s Not coming out today.

ā€¦ done. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice try. But we want it from the man himself. @JNT_BA

Hahaā€¦ Iā€™m now waiting for him to drop in and say I was wrong, and itā€™ll land within the next hourā€¦ :slight_smile:

@JNT_BA knows the deal. Pizza and Beer if that happens :joy:

2 Likes

@SaintSkeeta Gets to be JNT now. Just post once a day saying its not coming and one day you might be wrong.

Hahahahaā€¦ I like it.

Itā€™s Not coming out today. :man_shrugging:

ā€¦done

4 Likes

Can we expect some news in the near future?? :slight_smile: