AFL 23 - Megathread

I can’t get in an online match is there seriously no one playing premiership challenge

Servers definitely need a buff around the menus, slightly to slow for my liking but that’s to be expected brand new mode just realised. Even EA and 2k severs struggle day 1

1 Like

everyone was dying waiting for this gamemode but i can’t even find an opponent

anyone else’s coach’s battles kicking them out the game?

Hey @JNT_BA , i was trying to log into pro team and when doing the instructions for setup, I accidentally bought a team builder pack before the instruction to buy one and then when i needed to get the builder pack, i cant afford it and im stuck on step 6. How do i get out of it?

Played my first game of premiership challenge. Was really fun I can’t lie. Won by within a kick with a clutch goal with 10 seconds left: Feel like online has been smoothed out a lot. I had Mirkov and Colina in the ruck and my opponent had Cameron and McInerny. Each side will have its strengths and weaknesses which i really love, A bit annoyed how when auto interchanges are on you still can’t do manual interchanges, and i feel fundamentals of the game like holding the ball, fend offs etc need tweaks but this looks really solid

ai tackling overpowered rn

Great update to the gameplay.
Tackling and marking needs some adjusting I feel. Often times when my players were within arms reach of the opponent, they just stood there. Contested marking also seems impossible now. Don’t think I won a single one and I’ve never had an issue with marking prior to this patch

This is on Hardest difficulty btw

Contested marks were not part any of the updates but I’ll let the team know.

Objectives not working at all don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but my objectives aren’t getting progress at all after about 6-7 games across multiple modes

Again make sure all these things are relayed to the support team. They’ll need specific information to look into it.

While I do relay things to them but that’s not helpful when it comes to things to do with accounts.

Interesting. Can other mechanics of the game changing have an effect on things like that?
The game seems much harder on hardest now and the AI is much more direct with their ball movement. Is there a chance it’s basically defaulted everything to feel more difficult ?

Not sure if that makes sense or not

I would never say it can’t happen. While the direct impact of the changes didn’t make a direct change other things can.

1 Like

Interesting to see at the bottom of the list theirs two more card types that we haven’t seen yet. I wonder if they’re packable at the moment

2 Likes

Dont know if this has been brought up yet but i cant play online. I get halfway through the first quarter and it kicks me out. Im on ps5 so i dont know if its a known problem or not but letting you know.

Other then that im really enjoying pro team.

Look, I think this Pro Teams thing is amazing and everything that comes with it was 100% worth the wait. But as this other bloke was saying, tackling and marking is impossible now. I haven’t won a single marking contest, I’ve tried from the hardest difficulty down to the medium one and it’s so frustrating because they’ll end up winning the game by over 100 points because im unable to do anything at all

The kicking also feels alot less accurate if im trying to stab kick it or anything to someone specific. I love this concept and everything else is amazing but im so frustrated that I cant even get a win because of this marking and tackling. It’s always been present but ive noticed it’s alot worse this time around.

I do love when I see people going through the guide!!!

2 Likes

In management mode if you dont make a change to your lineup and dont simulate any games , you will never get injuries to your 22 line up. Injuries only happen to your players not in your 22 and not during gameplay.

1 Like

They really fixed online I’m surprised it actually plays almost as smoothly as offline

1 Like

And also regarding this, It would be really useful if you could hold down a button to run towards the player with the ball. It’s really hard to direct your teams players sometimes.

Kind of like AFL evo 2