AFL 23 - Megathread

Good call, just not the right team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

just a quick one to flag with the dev team @JNT_BA

Played an online match last night on pro team and my opponents only way of winning was to spam the evade button.

he literally ran the entire length of the field, twice, by spamming the evade button.

Just a shocking way to play the game. But maybe there needs to be a fatigue factor with the evade use so it canā€™t be spammed.

It was absolutely embarrassing on his behalf and ruined what was an otherwise close game.

2 Likes

yep im still in it for now

1 Like

Loved the addition of Pro Team and the continued development of this mode, having played 400 + hours of this game I thought a couple days out on Season 2
iā€™d just raise a few topics Iā€™d like to see.

Let me know what you all think of what you agree with or would like to see yourself come in !!!

Coach Battles
( Should be where we earn more contracts)

(TOTW)

• You should receive 1x Emerald or high contract reward

(Featured HP)

• Based on how much HP you have dealt, you should be categorised into certain reward tiers
  • Bronze contract reward
  • silver contract reward
  • gold contract reward
  • emerald contract reward
  • sapphire or higher contract reward

This will incentives players to play more then just one match to get the single reward

(Tug O Footy)

• Winning side Emerald contract reward
  • Losing side Silver contract reward

Ladder leaders
( Should be where player packs, FP and XP earnt)

• FP in early games need to be raised to minimum 1000
  • XP minimum 2000
  • No ladder leader cards for beating 1st place, this needs to be a much more significant reward
    ( XP, player pack and a decent amount of FP)

Longest quarter in this mode has to be maximum 5 minutes

Premiership Challenge

• If a player quits mid game on you, you should retain all player contracts for that game
  • XP and FP on quit games should be given to winner based on a full game so we donā€™t lose out
  • Weekly rewards for higher ranks to be better
  • End of season rewards to be a lot better than this season

Objectives

• All objectives need to be tracking (Although personally the last 6 weeks iā€™ve been fine)
  • The base objective rewards werenā€™t too bad, could always do with a tweak though
  • Weekly objectives were great hopefully this continues in off season
  • Daily objectives would be great to include even if this was just the same task on repeat

Level progression

• It was a very demanding task, although i managed to achieve level 40 i feel the total xp needed to be
    taken down a little bit

• Iā€™d like to see some rewards in these packs give you option to choose what you want depending what your
    needs in game

• Final reward needs to be a legend type pack

Game play

Things that need to be toned down

• Speckies (4-5 star speckies only) Anything less results in fumble
    also
    ( Not be able to kick basically straight away after hitting the ground after a speckie)

• AI closing down on your player too quick after a kick is performed resulting in incorrect disposal\holding the ball too often

• Fending and evasion to be balanced out

• The play on shot for goal (although I use this play it does take the authenticity out of kicking set shots like in real life)

( Iā€™d allow the man on the mark to react first to make this either a much harder kick to execute or be able to tackle them holding the ball)

• Have less long kicks down the ground to all 1 on 1 contests, would love to see more then 2 people compete for the mark, this would result in
    more dropped marks\ground balls and would make each game a bit more unpredictable

• Handball receives players to be moving with momentum rather then catch\stop\move

• Stamina to play more of a roll in game, players slow down, drop marks miss kicks etc unless rotated off bench

• Bumps to become more relevant, rather then the player stumbling a couple meters they either lose balance and fall over or results in a free kick for too high etc

Game play wish list

• Would like to see faster players be able to get away easier from slower players (this becomes more noticeable as game does on)

• Would like to see wind affect field kicks

• Custom tactics would love to see for midfield (hit zone %). Would give you more of a chance getting a tap to advantage if successful

• 50m penaltyā€™s to come back in

12 Likes

Great post mate. Love your suggestions.
And good effort putting that altogether, awesome stuff.

While I think some things should have rewards changed, I think thereā€™s a balance between making it too easy to progress or get new great players, and properly rewarding those putting in the hard yards.
For instance, yourself getting to Level 40ā€¦ thatā€™s massive, and not everyone should be able to get there. So the Sapphire pack at the end is a good reward, and shouldnā€™t be handed out without the effort that you put in.

Maybe just more objectives overall, so thereā€™s my things to chip away at on the journey?!?

3 Likes

Bloody hard yakka those last few levels of XP, but got there with 14 hours to spare.

Looking forward to season 2

3 Likes

Awesome stuff!
So weā€™ve got at least 2 people in here who have done the grindā€¦ massive ups to you guys.

Has anyone in here finished in #1 spot in Premiership Challenge? I saw that wrapped up last night (I made #5 spot).

2 Likes

:raised_hand:

I managed to finish rank 1, I think I was 130 basically did enough yo just squeeze in.

Wasnā€™t much incentive to keep going as online did begin to play up as well as rewards being exactly the same for where you finished in rank 1

2 Likes

Wowā€¦ awesome! Pro Team champion!

I think we need to build you a statue next to the @stallionsCEO statue!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™d be worthy to be in the same company as him. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I was a few hundred points short of #1 ladder spot, happy with #2 though!

Well done to everyone who finished #1, super effort!

5 Likes

This might just be me tweaking but I swear it said 6hours next to season 1 like half an hour ago. Now itā€™s 1 day and 6hours. Interesting

Yeah it was definitely less earlier. One of the tug of footy battles increased by 24 hours this morning too. Wonder if theyā€™re just lining things up for a neater S2 release

2 Likes

Yes, it was pushed forward an added day to make sure its all ready to go for Season 2.

3 Likes

Out of interest, how long should it take for the Premiership Challenge rewards to come through once eliminated @JNT_BA ?

I was in #2 on the ladder which got eliminated (yesterday i think?) And nothing has come through for me yet with the sapphire pack.

1 Like

It used to say ā€˜Pack rewarded in X Daysā€™ where those X Days were til the end of the season (not the time your position gets knocked out)ā€¦ so Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ll land tomorrow with Season 2.

1 Like

I think Season 2 is delayed 24 hours, so will be Thursday now.

2 Likes

Hey guys is there any way to add stamina onto the team lineup while iā€™m changing my team around in the game?

is there currently any other way to see it other than the fast interchange or just looking at the selected player?

kinda annoying trying to remember who i need to rest and I hate the way they do the auto rotations

1 Like

Is Season 2 just about ready to go ?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

How is everyones team looking, this is my end of season 1 team

2 Likes