AFL 23 - Megathread

Further to this, I can now report that all of my Retirement Class (1) objectives are now working :muscle:t3:

1 Like

This happens on PS5 too.
You have to filter through each type of card and their position.
ie. search for emerald only cards and scroll across to defenders

For whatever reason, the game canā€™t handle scrolling through bulk cards

2 Likes

Thanks. I was going to raise a ticket but I guess itā€™s a known issue. Not that weā€™ll find out but I wonder whatā€™s going on under the bonnet, if it was hard coded to avoid performance issues with the card screen then itā€™s a miracle itā€™s as stable as it is. .

@Freo16 sadly this is one area where I do have sympathy - at its heart the game is knowing which microsecond to tap the right stick and press mark. No AFL game has cracked this nut and I donā€™t envy the task of fixing it in the next one. The game needs to be more chaotic and uncertain while still rewarding player skill, but how the mechanics will work achieving two different things at once who knows.

Although I do have one suggestion and it can be implemented now - tackling from behind when the opposition is kicking for goal needs a buff, plain and simple. Getting a free each time would be OP, you donā€™t want too many ball ups, so having the ball travel less distance or shoot off crooked is probably the sweet spot.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been having some gameplay things that have been bugging me I Just wanted to put a little thing together and see if you guys have had similar or the same issues

1: Ruck hit outs seem to just not work for me 80% of the time, my players will run forward as if Iā€™ve won the hit out and then the ball ends up over the back to my opponents player standing there giving them and easy run towards an open goal, I canā€™t seem to do anything to stop my players from automatically just running.

2: marking seems so be super inconsistent, Iā€™ll be in the box seat for a mark and my player will just simply stop in place leaving the defender to run forward and intercept even if Iā€™m trying to move my the player in controlling.

These seem like they are out of my control and just simply gameplay issues, If no one else has these problems Iā€™m doing something wrong

Grain of salt Codkkat, others know more than me but the number one thing Iā€™ve learnt from Proteam is that itā€™s about the stat differential more than you think. I played an emerald ruck on easiest last night and the ball went gift wrapped to any post code I chose, there was one or two intercepts for the game.

Conversely a gold ruck on medium difficulty will have something like a 50 - 70% success rate with a lot more intercepts.

Same with marking, stats and difficulty are king and small differences can be significant. Perfect timing helps but not even that is a guarantee - which makes sense because two players can do something perfectly at the same time.

1 Like

For the love of god, can BigAnt please fix these pro team servers. Iā€™ll be dominating halfway through a premiership challenge match and suddenly Iā€™ve ā€˜lost connection to steam, this game will be treated as a loss.ā€™ I have ethernet so I know itā€™s not my end either. Either improve the servers or let me win if I was in front.

1 Like

There are no servers. Itā€™s a peer to peer connection.

2 Likes

That may be true but why does a ten second outage forfeit an LL match? There would be a session ID surely. In fact I think itā€™s shown to you on one of the screens.

I was referring to a Premiership Challenge match, where the in game connection is peer to peer between the two players.

Iā€™m assuming the reason a loss is counted in your scenario is to prevent every Tom, Rick and Harry from yanking the cable if they want another crack at a LL game

Game disconnected with 20 seconds left. I love that I can be up by 100+ points, and the game will still count as a loss because the servers are disgracefully bad. What a sick joke.

I could probably stomach it if BA actually came out and apologised, and said theyā€™re aware of the issue, and theyā€™re working on a fix, but the silence is absolutely damning.

I question that decision. On a bad day Iā€™ll be kicked twice, Iā€™m not going to pay money to restart a league. Firstly on principle, secondly whatā€™s to say it wonā€™t happen again the next day or even the next match. In fact itā€™s already happened once, kicked from two comps within a ten minute period.

You mentioned once you have entry tickets lying around unused, this balance is only there when you donā€™t have to restart comps over and over.

Iā€™ll have Diamond Dusty soon and after that Iā€™m good. Unless they get Carey or Gaz Snr for the next one or BA commit to the obvious solution of having hard and easy ladders, Pro Team will be an occasional play at best.

I get there are some glitches (thereā€™s one particular LL Iā€™ve had crash at the some point twice so Iā€™m avoiding that one for now). However, if youā€™re getting kicked that often isnā€™t the most logical solution to fix your connection issue rather than lay blame with the game? Tickets are most definitely not a problem if you can play to a medium standard.

As for your suggestion re a different type of LL, you never know I guess. They did take on a lot of feedback from here during season 1 and much of it was implemented for season 2. A customisable difficulty LL might be a good option for many people.

If youā€™re closing in on Diamond Dusty you should plough on and get the Obsidian. Objectives are absolutely swimming in XP Rewards right now and the XP bonus at level 38 is perfect for a massive XP boost.

1 Like

Does anyone happen to have a Justin Longmuir card or know what rating & card type he is (top draftess, WA, etc)? I want him for the objective and im trying to work out what packs to open.

Good advice, sorry I did mean Obsidian.

There a lot of positives to talk about and to be honest Iā€™m shocked at how addictive Pro Team is. I had no intention of putting in the hours but here we are.

There is a huge opportunity for ~AFL 26 to be the final word on what the best AFL game is, and Iā€™m willing to believe a lot of the bugs are down to BA employing a low burn model to keep PT running. I really hope thatā€™s the case.

Re: feedback, Iā€™m happy to post on BAs own board and I hope they monitor for ideas. Rambling here and trusting the process is infinitely more enjoyable than emailing suggestions that get read once and then filed into the ether. If thatā€™s not the ā€˜correctā€™ way I would suggest that reading a few posts a day is the same effort as reading the same content through another channel. With the added benefit of other people commenting on the idea. So itā€™s great to hear that some of the ideas were picked up bw season 1 and 2.

I got him in a silver WA pack. Good luck.

2 Likes