AFL 23 - Megathread

Hi guys, not sure if this is just me. But I’m finding that season mode is far smoother than management mode (both played on same difficulty) is this something anyone else has experienced.

I find management mode to be a real arm wrestle and far more random and frustrating than season mode that seams more smooth and realistic.

1 Like

is it just me or is it really easy on the hardest difficulty, ive seen videos where it has been many close games, but i havent got a single one. Is there anything i can do to make it harder???

1 Like

I might try season and see how it goes. When the game first came out I go so sick of crashes and all the other stuff, I tried the aflw and I had no crashes and smooth gameplay wayyy better than the men’s. So I don’t think what you’re saying is unrealistic, it just baffles me how a game in a seperate mode plays so much better. I’m sure there’s a techy person that could explain how and why this happens.

2 Likes

I play on hardest, currently round 23 with the crows. I’ve only lost 2 games and have a score for 1350 and only 500 or so against. I’ve had a fair few close games but also a lot of thrashing’s.

I’ve noticed when I come up against Collingwood I lose everytime! They play on god mode and I cannot beat them. Maybe try a lower rated team and it might be a little harder? I’ve got no idea

2 Likes

Let me know how you go and if you can feel a difference. Thanks mate

Another issue I have on the game (not a deal breaker) Is the lack of flags in the crowd.

I remember it being there but being removed on a patch a while back and I’ve never seen it come back. I play on PS4.

I’ve seen videos released recently with all the crowd flags back in the game. Not sure of the platforms these were on.

Is this a PS4 issue or is there a setting or something I have to change.

Just played a game on season and it’s definitely better. It’s still buggy but definitely less than management mode.

1 Like

is it harder or is it still pretty easy??

From my experience it’s a lot harder in management mode when comparing the same difficulty at the minute. Far more of a contested arm wrestle

1 Like

Seemed a bit harder, played on 5 mins, hardest with the crows against the eagles. I won 51 - 20 it was close the whole way through then I ended up getting on a roll and kicked 3 quick goals at the end.

1 Like

Where is pro team? It’s what I wanted most. $100 down the toilet, can’t believe it’s still not out… give your customers an actual update on what’s going on @JNT_BA

6 Likes

We likely won’t get any communication regarding ProTeam until the start of next season by which then they’ll act like they’ve done us a favour by bringing us a new game mode into the new season when in reality, we should have had it 5 months ago.

4 Likes

You forgot the bit about them charging us for it again too!

5 Likes

Absolutely and now i fear with the release of cricket 24 there will be little to no attention paid to this game add in the other titles big ant plan to release and this game feels dead in the water

4 Likes

No doubt in my mind we have been ripped off.

2 Likes

Howdy big ant studio
Just a few questions about afl23

1. Was wondering if you were going to make list management easier in the game more like the cricket
  2. Once made changes that they follow through to management mode & also if you alter the lines up they start like that in that mode rather than just best players on field
    Cheers

If I’m honest, I feel like this game has been dead in the water for months.

I wouldn’t blame people did feel ripped off and did want their money back for AFL 23. Big Ant haven’t exactly inspired much confidence with it.

I’ve been faintly hoping they could turn it around but if I’m honest, It’s passed. The game is dead in the water and I don’t know how they’d even be able to fix this game or even release another AFL game.

It’s just a complete mess.

11 Likes

It’s October. A big selling point of this game was pro team…. Still no pro team. Talk about walking before you crawl …

3 Likes

Is the game still getting updated this year or not @JNT_BA @RossSymons

4 Likes

I have to say at this point i am really disappointed. No pro team, management mode is very bare with no office system to talk to players or training of any kind, injuries won’t happen unless you sim matches. Pro team and a deep and complex management mode were promised features. I tried to be patient at launch, i reported bugs and understood game development is difficult especially for an AFL game. But not delivering on promised features and then watching Big Ant continue on with other projects is a slap in the face. I paid $100 for this game and i feel totally ripped off. I wanted to be supportive of this game but it big ant have mismanaged this so poorly and alienated a lot of their fans.

15 Likes