Any news ?for the game

Im past the drooling stage and now at the quietly indifferent stage. Whereas before i wouldve ordered on steam as soon as the game appears ill wait until theres enough feedback to say whether the games worth buying, if it releases in a poor state then ill be waiting for it to be patched heavily, which could take a while. Theres other games coming that im looking forward to in the next few months, and im not confident big ant can deliver.

I think we are all in the same. From checking daily everywhere for a small peace of information, a name, a leak, anything. Looking at nothing at all is hapenning, it really just kills the mood that there is no effort at all that to keep the hype in.

Not to mention how BA struggles to finalize every games they released. Since Cricket was finalised last year it’s still getting patches after patches. Being far from being done. It makes me feel that BA is super unorganized with absolutely non scalable chaotic processes.

Even Ubisoft with their horrible titles which are either delayed or dead end beta had a schedule with info etc…

1 Like

I know the waint is long, maybe will be longer…
But i waint knowing the game will be fun and enjoyable.
I trust BA, because no matter how the game will be, in the end i will be able to do this:

This is my local team

3 Likes

Since licensing is a big issue, good customization for making teams and players will basically come standard. If many teams need details, custom teams can be the solution, as in the Rugby Challenge franchise.

But it would be Nice to see all of the European Challenge Cup and
Word Cup teams licensed.

With all that said I’m putting my hopes in the general gameplay experience. Rugby 08 was spectacular in this category AND I don’t think there will be a game like it anytime soon.

With BA not confirming anything lately, it looks like it’s back to 08

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-04-15 160046

The 08 gameplay :skull:

4 Likes

2 Likes

I really do love me a bit of Rugy

2 Likes

I swear i thought that rugy was a strange english term

so they planned to release this game for the world cup and they are still doing the teams now!

3 Likes

Thanks for the photos @RossSymons @JNT_BA
Can’t wait to play
Cheers

1 Like

There’s never been a united rugby game, there’s good reason why in the past some games had a few licenses and another a few licenses.

Just in case you haven’t noticed, the Unions can be difficult to deal with, they are a separate set of organisations that can sometimes agree on little and have self-interest motivating them - we have managed to unite most of them but still have to capture them whenever we are allowed to do so.

Our plan is to take our time and make a united game, a complete game, setting a platform for rugby games to be competitive with other sports on a global scale. It will take as long as it takes to get right.

(That said, a handful of nations have been really awesome to us, and very patient, particularly England - they get it!)

12 Likes

I appreciate that but I have to ask why weren’t these plans put in place with the unions before you thought about announcing a release date all the way back in September. I don’t blame you for the delays but at the same time a lot of fans would’ve preferred this communication of the difficulties along time ago

1 Like

And this is EXACTLY why I have always said this is going to be the best Rugby Union game yet.

I always had an idea this was why, but to see it written. Roll on whenever the game release is!

The power of information. 100% stoked and looking forward to seeing the steps the team take!

early access doesnt need every team in the world tho. why couldnt we be given an early access game with literally 4-6 teams

1 Like

The plans were in place - never, ever have we had such issues with capturing the talent in a sport that we have with Rugby. I never foresaw how hard it would be.

We’re on the right track now with the clubs and getting the internationals that way.

2 Likes

We want at least 6 internationals and at least one or two complete competitions, plus a few womens’ international sides too.

As an example, we captured the Wallabies and NZ in Melbourne 18 months ago at Bledisloe - most other nations stalled us and the teams went out of date (now requiring re-capture). Then there was the RWC so they wouldn’t let us capture, then the six nations, etc. etc. etc.

We will capture the international sides by capturing the clubs - we’ve never had to embark on such an exercise ever for any game.

3 Likes

Well this is new news!

The loadout reported that R24 wouldn’t feature any womens’ teams.

is that what the fans want for early access tho??

1 Like

Early access can have outdated teams, we just want a solid game with good gameplay, everyone knows early access games will never be as the final release and I think the photo captures are least of people’s concerns from what I’ve seen on both YouTube and twitter and most would rather good gameplay first. I do sympathise with unions being a pain because World Rugby are stuck in the dark ages and should be supporting you guys at the same time I’d say you could’ve took a lot of pressure off yourselves if you mentioned this months ago as fans are able to put pressure on unions and I think we would’ve done

2 Likes

It said there won’t be any women’s teams ‘this year’. So it was correct, there were 0 teams - men’s or women’s - in 2023 as the game didn’t come out at all :smiley: