Cricket 24 - Megathread

Has this game even been tested? This is just robbery… £50 for a copy of cricket 22.

And the bugs… This is pathetic to say the very least

And BigAnt are proud of this??
Absolutely terrible. So disappointed. Hyped up for nothing. Absolutely nothing.

4 Likes

They are having a good run recently.

Just watched Twistie3’s game play video. Love the fact that the batters walk through the fence, the bowlers dive through the wickets without breaking them, the fielders run outside the boundary and that the keeper still throws the ball to nobody. Can’t wait to get the game!

4 Likes

@JNT_BA you guys need to fix the batting. Every single player plays the same shot with same animation. Why give batting styles while the players play similar batting shots. Why did I have to pay so much for this game that’s not even tested out once before the release.

I really hope you guys take a look into it and fix it and if not, I would like a refund.

2 Likes

Didn’t the bbl change the finals to a 4 game system. I’m not sure what they are called tho.

1 Like

Correct…they have changed it for the 2023/24 season.

So…I needed a laugh today so I bought the game. Did anyone else get the Aussies on the cover art and the Poms on the disc art? Seriously - I wouldnt have thought it was that hard! If this is normal then it is very strange!

1 Like

I know patches will Make the game better Gameplay wise and Other things But urgently needed updates are Broken Academy that don’t work properly Bat stickers have gone on One side and downloaded teams some time don’t show up then have to re download them , Licensed players editing should be enabled ASAP their bats and skills should be Editable and their bowling actions aswell @JNT_BA @Bigant

1 Like

Noticed spinners not getting any turn, some of the NZ players have no hair… so many misfields its terrible. Hitting sixes shouldnt be going 150 plus metres. Commentary is all over the place i.e: blocking the ball “thats a massive shot!”. Needs a lot of work to polish this game off tbh. It was rushed to release for the world cup.

Rushed? It was originally meant to be released for the Ashes. They have had plenty of time.

1 Like

With Devs focussing so much on textures, few things that must be introduced to make the game look better are:

1. Boundary flap physics ( with new animations of saving the ball close to the boundary)
  2. Jersey Physics (Much needed)
  3. Different player physique
  4. Dust popping out of the pitch
  5. Better lightning at night
  6. Better Volumetric lightning
  7. Patchy looking outfield in subcontinent has still not been achieved… inspiration may be drawn from real cricket 22
  8. Emotional intelligence
  9. Injury animations
  10. Collusion detector
  11. More crowd animations
  12. More facial expressions

Animation wise I have noticed that the shot animations generally plays a little late

2 Likes

What is the roadmap ahead for Cricket 24 @JNT_BA @RossSymons in terms of fixing the gameplay based on community feedback? In what all areas we can expect a fix ?

Why does batting animation look so sudden and rushed, similar to cricket 19.it was near perfect in cricket 22…Devs need to improve this @RossSymons @JNT_BA

CRICKET 24 LIST OF GLITCHES ON PS5

FOLLOWING ARE GLITCHES WHICH ARE NEEDED TO BE FIXED ASAP

1. FIELDERS AT BOUNDARY DRAG BLACK MARKER ABOVE THIER HEADS WHEN THEY RUN TO PICK UP THE BALL

2. FIELDERS GO OUTSIDE BOUNDARY AND DONT FIELD THE BALL AT BOUNDARY & WITHIN CIRCLE AS WELL

3. FIELDERS ARE FACING BOUNDARY WHEN THEY THROW BALL

4. None of the deliveries from a spinner are turning, irrespective of pitch, skill of the bowler & input quality. The deliveries are simply going on with the angle.

5. On ps5 spin delivery circle is not reflecting button map

6. On ps5 game crashes as soon as the match starts in championship mode

7. Players are batting with only 1 batting style

8. Screen gets black for 3 seconds randomly while batting/bowling multiple times during a match

9. Commentary is not matching with shots

In subcontinent 30 yard circle is marked by dots rather than a circle…these small details must be looked into… @JNT_BA @RossSymons

Commentary in this game is terrible. I don’t think I have heard one piece of commentary that actually matches what has happened. Disaster….again!

1 Like

I seriously hope that there is an urgent patch coming because I feel like I have been robbed buying this game. It’s worse than cricket 22 amd cricket 19 and all the hype with new batting styles etc. was complete bollocks!!! Why focus on licensed teams when it’s the worst part of the game. You cannot change or edit anything in licensed players and they look village. Shoes are terrible, bats are inaccurate and I hate playing with them. My absolute worse is the batting styles, why the hell would you have different stances with the exact same crap shots of style 6. They picked the worst of the worst and ran with it. I played a world test series and when I was batting every single ball went for 4. Forward defence leave etc. everything goes for 4. It’s seriously dissatisfying when you pay a ridiculous amount for a game and it’s a total disaster. To say I am upset is an absolute understatement. I feel I have been done in and makes me furious…… you guys have ruined a game I have loved my whole life.

5 Likes

#7 was actually there in Cricket 19, don’t know why they took it off in 22/24.

So we’re all starting careers in the same boat; our player is anywhere from 10 to 20 rated and absolutely suck even amongst their (terrible) peers. I don’t have a problem with the low overall, but why SO low as to not even compete with any of his/her teammates? I’m really meant to believe this player can go on to the top level? Come on.

It must be a bug rather than intentional right? Hence the issues with the perks? A top order batter with 0 running speed, 0 attack, etc. Is this the first time they’ve picked up a bat in their entire life? It just doesn’t make sense. What’s everyone’s thoughts

Cheers all.

Hi Team,

Can we expect impact player to be included in the game rules in the upcoming future patch for the game?

1 Like