Cricket 24 - Megathread

started a career mode as Jos Buttler
made it through the IPL, Blast and internationals with no issues (although Jos was in the test squad, questionable)
got to the Hundred and first game it crashes during the pre game cutscenes, unplayable, have tried several times but doesnt go any further,

Just posting the patch notes for those who arent always watching twitter.

Cricket24 Patch Notes PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam 10 October 2023 Release time will vary on propigation time through the platform holders servers.
F8Dy1WOaUAAqiUU

2 Likes

So what about the spin issue, academy issue and last but not least, fielding bugs?

So the game is outā€¦ as long as there is no game patch coming itā€™s looking incomplete.
For users who are playing career modeā€¦ Hold on serious gameplay because lets face it whole game looks pretty ordinary.

Yes have seen many differences in field but the wicket-keeper or any player is never close to wicket for run-out. I have played series, ashes, ipl matches as well as career mode in both PS5 & PS4 version - both have many issues like -

1. Even when player takes catch in mid-on or mid-off its not out - like player played on ground and it is field.

2. I was playing easy mode, so all balls are literally hit for SIXES, but in C24 when you hit six camera shows Umpire signal 4ā€™s or when you leave ball and wicket keeper catches it - Umpire show 4 byes. This happened in series matches.

3. Why cricket 22 academy not accessible here, lets face it, 24 is DLC of 22 with some tweaks. In C22 so many teams / players / bats / stadiums were created. Why not have option to upload in C24 so we can enjoy matches with better players / teams.

4. In career mode, both C22 & C24 are same didnā€™t find any difference other than player stats on match. The ranking screen should have Team as well as players ( Test / ODI / T20 ) like top 20 current players as ICC Mens / Womens Rankings be more interesting.

5. In career mode - player can focus on Test or ODI or T20 ( But I didnā€™t find such options because the whole career starts like last C22 version ( Club - State - National - International level - playing all Test, ODI & T20 )

6. I played mostly batting so anyone who played as bowler can attached their experience also.

7. And one mayor glitch in all their games ( DB14, DB17, Ashes, Cricket 19, C22 & C24 ) you can play batsmen without helmet - all you need to set no cap in helmet section in Equipment in player edit. Comeon guys in real playing without helmet is unsafe and unreal.

1 Like

Do those patches update itself on my ps5 which r released today? In the UK?

When this update in UK? In PS5? What I need to do for update this patches?

1 Like

The Font of the actual score is small and looks odd. Can we have it match the font size of the bottom numbers? @JNT_BA Thanks.

2 Likes

Why is the Six distance still incorrect? This has been the case with Cricket 22 as well? Does it have anything to do with the collision detection with the stadium assets?

How do I get a 10 team IPL in career mode. What even is an IPL without Chennai and RCB?. @JNT_BA Please get the Indian T20 League added with two more generic teams which we can replace with Community created versions .

2 Likes

Keen to hear from others around the replay timings. To me, it seems that when a replay commences, the ball is almost passed the bat already, hence the replay starts too late. Or is it just me? :slight_smile:

The batterā€™s reaction to getting out and the fireworks going up, can it be delayed by a second or two? Itā€™s looks a bit unrealistic now.
Also, can the Cricket 24 splash screens be reduced? Currently it far too often and taken a bit longer resulting in overlap with the cutscenes. @JNT_BA Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

@JNT_BA
Hi

Just finished playing my first game in cricket 24 in xbox.

Even though revenue were very bad I went ahead and purchased the game for the love of cricket.

I will start of with feedbacks where improvements are required top most glitches are in fielding, fielding ai looks worst than cricket 19 this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Fielders moving sideways, bowler not responding to the throw from deep fielders.

One thing I want improvement is from fielding perspective again is its easy to take 2 runs when balls goes to deep fielders irrespective of the speed of the ball travelled to fielder.

Sometimes fielders are not responding of behaving as the need to field quick and throw it.

Positives are batting looks smoother than older versions but some shots still played do not look any close to being realistic.

I hope the glitches are fixed soon or else people may not buy next versions if there are any.

Thank you

[AI vs AI gameplay issue

Please start a AI vs AI match to find issues listed below:-

1. End of over glitch when chased by team, AI starts defending in last over in all formats when supposed to hit for boundaries.
  2. Head scarf or long hair glitch:- player head scarf extending to abnormal length when running, gravity does not exist.
  3. All fielding player receiving ball from outfield is jumping towards the ball, wicket keeper to slow, unrealistic
  4. Delayed response from fielding player receiving ball to run out
  5. Player taking a catch appears to be in weird position, unrealistic.
  6. Players walking through all objects, players, boundaries, shoes digging into grass.
  7. Player at boundaries at weird position, unable to stop the ball, not running towards balls as they are going through boundaries
  8. Slow response generally, unrealistic.
  9. A player always trying to take run, after hitting ball.
  10. Players celebrating after wickets, scoring 50, or partnership is celebrating in air as other players are running somewhere else.

Please take a look on above issues, unfortunately cricket 22 is still better in gameplay.

Thank you

Lot of overthrows after latest patch

Add to that ,playing foreward and player moves out of crease and just stands there until he is stumped

when will the grass texture rendering be fixed? its rendered well around where the ball is being focused for example only around the pitch during batting or bowling but after few metres it looks blur and old school 2D rendered image. please fix this texturing error asap.

Every ground have two colour types of pitch brown and green And the second thing is in test match 4th day pitch looks like day one pitch there is no any cracks on pitch ā€¦

1 Like

Please fix the catching
Fielders donā€™t even attempt easiest of chances

Ross on twitter says big changes are coming.

You need to make cricket24 like nba2k24 that would be amazing and afl