Cricket 24 - Megathread

I was hoping we could get more customisable stances in career mode etc? For example , having a set up of style 7 , a cover drive from style 3 , pull shot from standard style. And the same for bowlers.

2 Likes

@JNT_BA an option of untucked and semi untucked shirt shall be included in the game

3 Likes

I really hope so, because this was said about AFL23 … yet we know how that went, but I hope for us cricket fans thing improve from here! :slight_smile:

1. Bat Texture is inappropriate as the wood looks like any plastic sheet cover on to the bat

2. Strike Rate calculation having error.

2 Likes

If BigAnt guys are here and care to read my post, I would request you going forward to spent less time on cosmetics changes like jersey, stadium, licensee etc, and, in the name of God, put some effort on gameplay & AI improvements. Apart from rectifying AI fielding issue which others have already pointed out, there are few improvements I would like to be there:

1. While player batting, disable the running button when ball hits the upper body/head.
  2. While player batting, reduce the timing window for a perfectly delivered yorker (at the end of green bar). Currently the most potent ball in cricket, the yorkers are the easiest to loft for six.
  3. Currently the AI bowlers are bowling outside offstump having 4 fielders on leg-side boundary. The line of AI bowlers should be corrected to middle & leg when having strong leg-side field.
  4. Currently the AI does not put more fielders in the inner ring when the required run-rate is less than 6 per over. Need more fielders in the inner ring during those time.
3 Likes

@JNT_BA I’m also facing the same problem. Fielder just stand near the boundary rope and wait for the ball to come at one bounce, they don’t make run towards the ball and catch, even with manual fielding.

1 Like

@JNT_BA to make it more responsive and look authentic rather to wait for the ball if deep fielders can dive forward to take catches like it was in Cricket19 and diving on to left/right extending hands to grab the catches when in circle rolling on the ground like it was in DBC14

For reference Diving Forward Catch from my C19 gameplay :

For reference Diving to Left/Right rolling on to ground from DBC14 :
ezgif.com-optimize (1)

9 Likes

it would be a great addition sir @JNT_BA

2 Likes

Have a look on it and try to include that sir @JNT_BA

2 Likes

Big ant, please make wicket physics better, so that they don’t just go out of the ground and slightly get distorted when batsman gets bowled by spinner, to make game feel more realistic. Thanks

3 Likes

1 Like

@JNT_BA Thanks for fixing the font issue. Can you please have a look at the attached pic. The word ‘Spell’ is misplaced on the scorecard. Could you please have the UI team to fix this? Thanks.

I’ll pass it along to the team!

1 Like

Hi @JNT_BA is there a possibility to remove pro camera during replays? It does not suit replay camera and is unrealistic as it shows like camera inside the player’s body. Thanks in advance.

Hi @JNT_BA Recently after latest patches Batting Style number 7’s Leg side side got broken playing on square leg, fine square leg the ball does not make contact or if anyhow made contact then travel between the legs of the batsman.
same way when facing spinners trying to go for cover drives sometimes bat goes within the pitch or legs of the batsman and bat handle plays the shot which is weird to see.
for reference here are some pics:

Hi @JNT_BA, another one regarding the scorecard. It is mentioned Match Suspended but it was the end of the session. A minor one, but would appreciate if you can get someone to look at it. Thanks.

@JNT_BA Any update on spin issue?? It is really difficult and weird to play any format without any spin.

Big patch congrats @JNT_BA
Next patch would like to see improved pitch wear after Day 1. The pitch shouldn’t look brand new after Day3-4.

3 Likes

I’m also facing the same issue with style 7. Every flick towards fine leg or behind the square on leg side goes into the pads.

Is the game worth updating from Cricket 22 yet?