Cricket 24 - Megathread

First of all great work with the latest patch, except the spin issue.
I want to report 2 issues which also exist in Cricket 22.
There is only one DRS available in both ODI and T20 format which is not correct. In real, both formats have 2 DRS per innings.
Also, super over is not applies in ODI.

Please make these changes to make this game more realistic.

1 Like

Following issues need consideration:

Iconic v shaped yellow patterns in the upper tear of the Narendra modi stadium is missing

Pitches look flat especially the normal pitches,there is an evident lack of texture (the art team has purposefully blurred the crease lines, which looks good but there needs to be a certain texture on the crease lines however in the game the crease lines just blends with the pitch)

Hair physics seems missingā€¦AFL 23 has better hair physics . Facial hair look very bad at this stage

Spin seems to have improved a bit however spin and friction when bowling on footmarks,cracks and rogh patches shall be different from other areas of the pitch

Flags and props in the crowd needs to be added akin to AFL 23

There are few new throwing animations but more needs to be added

SKY style of batting needs to added

Grass looks great but it is visible only till certain distanceā€¦this is a glitch that needs to be rectified

Though the grass look good but patchy outfield look akin to the Indian subcontinent is completely missingā€¦more bald areas and yellow grass needs to be added

Small details like 30 yard circles marked with dat rather than full circle is not only easy to add but will make the game look much more realistic

Jersey Physics needs to be included in the game

Volumetric lightning needs to be improved

Light travels through the hats of the umpire and falls on the forehead, this needs to be solved

Injury animations are very much needed in the game

@JNT_BA @RossSymons

3 Likes

academy down having no luck on ps5 downloading content got multiple error messages

Not able to see long on or long off fielder saving the ball near boundary rope. When batsman plays straight and ball is near to the boundary rope then screen starts to disappear from bottom and I saw a reflection of sky.

My fielding and running camera is Broadcast 3.
Batting and bowling camera is Broadcast 1.
Please see the attached photo.

How is this game so bad.

People have paid good money on the back of big talk from BigAnt and we get this shambles

and Xbox userā€™s canā€™t even get a patch.

I havenā€™t played the game for a week cos itā€™s so disappointingly poor.

They canā€™t be proud of themselves surely.

please add visual pitch wear in game. Pitch looks the same throughout 5 days in a testā€¦ @JNT_BA

5 Likes

Even the normal pitch suffers from lack of textures in the gameā€¦it feels bald and flat ā€¦even real cricket 22 has dust popping when the ball pitches on a dusty pitchā€¦we need better textures and visual pitch wear in cricket 24 @JNT_BA @RossSymons

2 Likes

very much so.Pitch is supposed to be the central part of cricket and it needs detail of utmost level. Big ant nailed it with dbc 14 but cricket 24 is absolutely lacking in this department.
i request big ant to please take this into consideration.
@JNT_BA @RossSymons

2 Likes

Even the crease lines completely blends with the pitch as the texture is missing there as well, also there are no bat marks etc. Normal pitch looks really bland especially when seen with beautifully executed grass blades. I hope art team improves it in the upcoming patch. @JNT_BA @RossSymons

1 Like

The big ant servers appear to be down at the moment on PS5, how much longer will they be down?

1 Like

@JNT_BA @RossSymons
Not sure if these issues are reported or not.

1. Captain gives signal for DRS in wrong direction (see the pic attached)
  2. No commentary on the new ball taken.
  3. Commentary is not correct in last powerplay of ODI. In the powerplay which is fixed from 41st over we can place 5 fielders on the boundary but commentators says something like this: Bowlers need to bowl well as less fielders allowed due to the powerplay.
  4. When decision is changes by DRS then the commentary is not correct.
  5. Also no commentary on scoring half century or century or double century, only stadium announcements for these milestones.

I donā€™t understand why does crowd cheer for both home and away teams equallyā€¦crowd is not silent when home team looses a wicketā€¦these are very basic things that is needed to be implemented correctly in the gameā€¦ @JNT_BA @RossSymons

3 Likes

Jealous of baseball fans getting games like MLB the show 23. Would love to see a cricket game become as in depth and fleshed out as that one day. Obviously I understand San Diego studios have more resources to build such a game.

1 Like

@JNT_BA I hope you guys are working on crowd animationsā€¦there are 20 guys in the single frame with same animationā€¦there also need to be flags, smartphones etc in the crowdā€¦AFL 23 having the same and cricket 24 being built on the same game engine, it should not be difficult to import the flagsā€¦Devā€™s can also add children for variety in the crowd

1 Like

Have a look at the background and the blurring flood lightā€¦this is the level of ā€œvolumetricā€ lightning you need to recreate subcontinental atmosphere. @JNT_BA @RossSymons kindly try to add this to cricket 24.It will also be helpful not just for future cricket games but also for other upcoming sports titles.

2 Likes

Went back and played Don Bradman 14 and that game has so many more visual aspects going for it. I donā€™t get how the same company can have a better pitch and more weight on the athletes 10 years ago.
Would love to see the pitch looking how it used to look and the outfield too.

6 Likes

Talking about the pitch, Iā€™ve already submitted tickets about different pitch visuals missing from Cricket 24 i HOPE they give us better pitch visuals for Dry and dusty, especially the red soil. If they just give the exact copy from Cricket 22 thenā€¦

3 Likes

yess broā€¦ only two colour types of pitch green and brown and test matches day 4 pitch looks like day 1 pitch no cracks no patchesss smooth surface

1 Like

@JNT_BA Remove extra one ball from the bowler over quota after bowling no-ball

@RossSymons @JNT_BA just a small request, either completely remove trees from the game or replace them with some 3d model of trees. Those cardboard trees breaks the immersion of the game especially when looked from above

4 Likes