Cricket 24 - Megathread

@JNT_BA
A cricket game cannot be good enough without a good commentary.there are some important things that really needs to be fixed.

Commentators reacts after 5seconds when a team wins the match even in CRICKET 22.

When batting side needs 50runs in last over, even in this situation commentators praises the batting side.

If EA sports can fix it then BigAnt studios can also make the commentary real-time.
Real time commentary is one of the strongest selling point of EA’s Fifa.

2 Likes

Those actions would be difficult to add without the players actually wearing the motion capture suits and doing it. So I would say it would be unlikely as I can’t see that happening

One thing I would like to add is the linking of bowling SKILL attribute to the swing attributes, the swing attributes determine the amount of swing bowler will be able to extract in idea conditions so for example if the bowler has swing rating of 90 he will get very big banana swing in ideal condition, however if his SKILL is in 60s the ball will start swinging the moment it leaves his hand and easier to predict and if his SKILL is in 90s as well the ball will swing very late and will be highly dangerous for the batsmen to actually read the swing, it will make every bowler unique as to how early or late the swing starts along with the amount of swing , each bowler will look unique because of this feature

1 Like

Dale steyn outswings swings very late compared to the Mathew Hoggard outswing which starts so early with jimmy Anderson outswing in between the two

And there is new Pak U19 bowler whose outswing looks like inswingers but at the very last moment it swings away even late swing then Dale Steyn, His name is Aimal Khan , you can search YouTube for his videos

Small things can really add to overall immersion of the game such as boundary flaps moving when the ball or player hits them (especially when BA is advertising entire new fielding mechanism for the game, close boundary saves and catches which requires 3rd Empire to come into play becomes even more important) , dust popping when the ball hits the pitch ( real cricket 22 has done it really nicely) , crowd looking at the ball rather than looking straight pointlessly etc.

2 Likes

I play Career mode the most and my suggestions are the following:

1. Player should be dropped if the performance is not good enough
  2. Rankings for all formats of the game , it would be awesome to aim to no.1 ranking in all formats
  3. Please no clash of calendar , I was playing ODI World Cup in England and in the middle I had a series with Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka
  4. Respect the rules of different T20 leagues, for example IPl has a limit of 4 foreign players and also there is a rule of Impact player
  5. It is impossible to get selected in 100 tournament
  6. Stamina and injury is not working
  7. other mini games like gym, yoga, spa does not have any effect , I think if scrap it no one cares , but if the feature is there it should work
  8. Able to give/ take instruction from non striker batsman and coach
  9. Should be able to select the playing XI after able to see the pitch and conditions
  10. Press conference is terrible as they frequently ask irrelevant questions not having awareness of the outcome of the match/series
  11. Coach has oneliners and it gets boring and stupid sometimes
  12. chants and boos from the crowds from home/away crowd would be awesome, atmosphere of the match is lacking
  13. No excitement from the commentators and unhinged by what is happening in match
  14. Realistic six distance meters please , 100 plus sixers should be rare
  15. it would be awesome if sixers go to the crowd and they catch and celebrate (least priority obviously)
  16. It is insane that medium pacers in the bowl 150kmh
5 Likes

Atmosphere is one of the most important things in a sports title…for example in subcontinent,the crowd use flashlights of their mobile phone which creates a mesmerizing effect, similarly crowd in every country is different … secondly day and night lighting in SENA countries and subcontinent is very different… furthermore because of dew and smog, there is a blur effect when the matches are played in subcontinent…crowd sounds are different in each country which was very well captured in BLC 99…these are few things that are must to be taken care of by the art team

1 Like

Would be an awesome addition but a really clunky one too

Also additionally, everyone have posted incredible suggestions and I feel like now there’s really nothing more substantial to add.

So, just a little suggestion lol.

Add the option to have different sleeve length as a batter and as a bowler/Fielder. Just like in real life when a batter mostly wears a full sleeved jersey when fielding and half sleeves when batting.

So, just a minor detail but would be nice one if added.

1 Like

Hi First of all I am eagerly waiting for cricket24.

I only have 2 suggestions, can you guys please improve the coach cut scenes. The coach has only 3 lines to speak everytime

Also can you include a custom tour designer

1 Like

Yesterday I hit a six of 129 metres lol

1 Like

One thing I would really like to see in the upcoming title is difference between sg cricket, Duke and kukabura cricket balls…all three have different characteristics and appearance… furthermore unlike cricket 22, the ball must feel heavier and more realistic

How do you feel heavier in game can you please elaborate it :rofl:

By heavier I mean that the ball should not have tennis ball bounce like cricket 22, it needs to have lesser bounce, realistic pace and speed after hitting the bat etc…all in all it should stimulate real cricket ball and not a tennis ball :slight_smile:

1 Like

AI players development should be like NBA 2k23 with regen players starts with initial, potential and declined/lowest attributes then there should be growth period (rand between 2 to 8 years ) in which the player hit his potential or peak attributes and then start the peak period (rand between 2 to 8 years) in this period player maintains his max attributes with slight changes to attributes due to form and after that the decline period starts where players starts losing his attributes to hit the lowest attributes before his retirement again this period can be rand between 2 to 8 years , this formula will give truly unique AI players in career mode and getting a very good regen player doesn’t guarantee that he will remain good for longer period of time because of the randomness in player development, it will truly make the career mode so realistic and entertaining

1 Like

As we eagerly await the release of the highly anticipated game Cricket 24, it is essential that we approach this exciting moment with a sense of realism and respect for one another. The world of gaming and cricket simulations has come a long way, and we are fortunate to witness the incredible advancements made by developers. However, it’s crucial to remember that creating a flawless cricket game is an enormous task with numerous challenges.

We all have our own vision of the perfect cricket game, and it’s natural to have high expectations. But let’s keep in mind that game development is a complex process that requires time, resources, and compromises. It is unlikely that any game will fully satisfy the preferences of every individual. Therefore, it’s important to maintain realistic expectations and appreciate the efforts put forth by the developers.

When Cricket 24 is finally released, it’s inevitable that discussions and debates will arise regarding various aspects of the game. While healthy discussions can be constructive, it is crucial that we approach these conversations with respect and a willingness to understand different perspectives. Engaging in debates and arguments can often lead to unnecessary negativity and create a hostile environment.

Instead, let’s strive to promote a positive and inclusive community where we can express our opinions and concerns without attacking or belittling others. Constructive feedback can be valuable for developers as they continue to improve the game, so if you have any suggestions or insights, share them in a polite and respectful manner.

Remember, Cricket 24 is a product of countless hours of hard work, dedication, and passion from the development team. They have invested their time and expertise to bring us an immersive cricketing experience. Let’s appreciate their efforts and encourage them to keep evolving and enhancing the game based on our feedback.

Lastly, don’t forget that Rome wasn’t built in a day, and the same applies to this game. Patience is key as they work towards delivering an exceptional gaming experience.
Together, we can contribute to the growth of cricket gaming and enjoy the thrill of Cricket 24 to the fullest.

Keep your spirits high, some glimpses are just around the corner!

2 Likes

@JNT_BA
I have a suggestion to enhance the viewing experience in the game. Is there a way to remove the keeper specifically for spinners when batting from the BATTING FAR or other behind cam angles? This would make the view clearer and increase ball visibility, allowing us to appreciate the spin revolution on the ball and tackle deliveries in a more beautiful way. Instead of making the keeper transparent, I propose adding an option to remove the keeper from the frame altogether. Additionally, the animation of the keeper catching the ball often appears exaggerated and unrealistic, so removing the keeper from the frame would make it look much smoother.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this idea!

Can the keepers do stumpings, Alex Carey style? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@JNT_BA Pls add some extra unique batting styles from retired cricketers like Lara, Ponting, Mark Waugh, Klusener and Yuvraj Singh

3 Likes

Know about the features already available in cricket 22 that we can reduce keeper/umpire visibility through sliders