Early Access 2 (EA2) Launch

Hi, Rugby fans! Welcome to the first major update in the Rugby 25 Early Access. Firstly, thanks for your support, patience, understanding, and, most of all, your generous feedback about the journey so far - it’s been really helpful. Together we are building a great game!

Below you will find the notes for this release - we look forward to discussing the game and hearing what you think.

• Added Mauls

The initial maul mechanic has been added to the game, future updates will improve several of the animations around mauls to make them more visually fluid.

• Improved Tackles

A significant number of new tackle animations have been integrated, as well as adjustments to the underlying calculations for selecting which tackles to play. The Dive Tackle control has been shifted to the Y button.

• Added Club Teams

A number of Gallagher Premiership and URC teams featuring initial photogrammetry-based player visuals have been added. Over 100 players from the Ospreys, Dragons, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Connacht, Bath, and Northampton Saints are now playable.

• Added Stadiums

The officially licensed Allianz Stadium in Sydney has been added to the list of available stadiums, in addition to stadiums for Northampton, Parma, and Toulon.

• Improved Passing

The targeting of passes has been improved, with adjustments to the calculation for target selection and pass quality.

• Rebalanced rucks

The ruck system has been adjusted, improving the speeds of rucks and making them more of a contest, along with an alert for when a steal is available.

• Tuned Player Movement

Initial work on balancing player run and sprint speeds has been done, the attributes and build of the player will have more impact on the speed they can run and the amount of boost that using the sprint button makes

• Improved UI

Several UI screens have been given a visual polish, notably the pre-match settings. A few in-game elements, such as the player markers have also been polished.

• Improved Stability

A number of reported stability issues have been resolved, with work continuing to ensure all of those reported are found. Please continue to send them through.

4 Likes

Hi Team, novel incoming.

*My feedback. I have just put both positives and negatives directly under the noted improvements.

Added Mauls

The initial maul mechanic has been added to the game, future updates will improve several of the animations around mauls to make them more visually fluid.

*Really like how you must shift the ball to the back of your ruck. Authentic, a nice feature.

*Without visual indicators it is quite tough to figure out what is happening momentum wise. The drive does not actually move the maul.

*It seems you cannot retrieve the ball from a maul unless you commit every player to it first. You should be able to have your halfback pull the ball from the maul at any given time (Unless maybe they are tied up by a defender getting a grip on the ball)

Improved Tackles

A significant number of new tackle animations have been integrated, as well as adjustments to the underlying calculations for selecting which tackles to play. The Dive Tackle control has been shifted to the Y button.

*The new animations look great; many more realistic union tackles are now happening. You can almost feel some of the hits.

*The tackle animations are happening from too far away; however, this gives the feeling of having no time to pass, kick or use a skill move to avoid a tackle.

*With the dive tackle now switched to the Y button pressing it makes your highlighted player dive around the pitch while you are trying to win a ruck. To avoid this, you could disable the dive tackle from Y until the ruck is complete.

*Attempting box kicks now often results in your halfback being tackled. There needs to be a forward or two as a gatekeeper guarding access to the kicker possibly.

Added Club Teams

Several Gallagher Premiership and URC teams featuring initial photogrammetry-based player visuals have been added. Over 100 players from the Ospreys, Dragons, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Connacht, Bath and Northampton Saints are now playable.

*The teams look good, is great having more licensed players to see in the game. Estonia was missing from this update though. Sad face.

Added Stadiums

The officially licensed Allianz Stadium in Sydney has been added to the list of available stadiums, in addition to stadiums for Northampton, Parma, and Toulon.

*Stadiums look great, will be good once advertising is added.

Improved Passing

The targeting of passes has been improved, with adjustments to the calculation for target selection and pass quality.

*Passing directly to the other team has returned. My first receiver often passes to the opposite team’s centre. This had not happened to me after the 3rd interim patch.

*LB or RB untargeted passes seem less responsive or omitted. Most occasions I tap the pass as before, but the player no longer attempts any pass. It makes any free and open running rugby impossible.

*Draw and pass are currently very difficult with how far away from the player the tackle animation starts.

Rebalanced rucks

The ruck system has been adjusted, improving the speeds of rucks and making them more of a contest, along with an alert for when a steal is available.

*Great to see more clear-outs in 2- and 3-man situations as well as more CPU counter rucks. The chaos that ensues from counter ruck ball on the ground is very good.

*Counter rucking is too easy, and the opposition is turned over far too regularly. I see it being impossible for them to build any phases and in turn attacking opportunities if it was to remain this regular. Many rugby games suffer from poor turnover mechanics, having the ball change possession every 2 or 3 rucks just is not authentic.

*Rucks are taking a very long time to form again with many more occasions of hung games as neither team will engage in the ruck.

*Adding gatekeepers on the fringes of the ruck to guard the halfback and block pressure from defence around the ruck could be implemented to stop the first receiver getting tackled almost immediately when near the ruck.

Tuned Player Movement

Initial work on balancing player run and sprint speeds has been done, the attributes and build of the player will have more impact on the speed they can run and the amount of boost that using the sprint button makes

*Fantastic to see the Half back being pulled into the ruck issue solved. This adds so many more attacking opportunities. They do only have a very restricted angle that stays close to the ruck to be able to run it seems, unless running at right angles or backward from the base.

*The fact wingers are quicker than props etc is very noticeable and allows for some realistic exploits in 1v1 situations, great improvement.

*With the change to tackling and passing player positioning needs a lot of focus, both kicking and passing suffer due to players not being in realistic positions or from those players then running against the flow of the play or in relation to the ball carrier.

*General directional player movement feels much better and more responsive, less of that “On skates” feeling. Awesome to see one of the best improvements in the patch!

Improved UI

Several UI screens have been given visual polish, notably the pre-match settings. A few in game elements, such as the player markers have also been polished.

*Bonus points are active in custom leagues now which is great. It did however incorrectly award a bonus point to every team regardless of result.

*Nice new format for the lineout options but changing the lineout throw button order is not intuitive. Y is at the top of the controller, X middle and A bottom. It is also the order on screen as you look at the lineout so the button order on screen should relate to this.

*UI design is improved; I like the larger power arrow for in play kicking power. The power bar as it fills or arrow as it moves could be improved by making either of these green.

*Rain fall physics are off when it comes to the drops hitting the upper tiers of a stadium. This is most noticeable at night in lineouts at Allianz stadium, rather than the drops looking as though they are falling in front of the camera they hit and splash on the stands looking dramatically oversized.

Improved Stability

A number of reported stability issues have been resolved, with work continuing to ensure all of those reported are found. Please continue to send them through.

*Experienced very few stability issues prior and so far, have seen no change to this. 1 Crash occurred after the box kicker getting tackled and the following maul having the ref call use it. Immediately after he called the game crashed during the R25 the transition screen.

Edit: My game is regularly crashing now. Doesn’t seem to be at specific events.

BUGS:

*When attempting a box kick, if the kicker gets tackled mid kick (Which is very often) and a new ruck forms on them the referee will then call use it and a scrum will be awarded to the opposition. If attempting a new box kick in that newly formed ruck, it will bring up the target circle, but the ball will not be kicked and unable to be used also.

*The tackled opposition player will often rise through the formed ruck and start running toward the try line. The referee will in the meantime be asking the opposition to use it, blow his whistle and award a scrum to the player.

*Players not engaging in rucks causing the game to hang are prevalent.

*Kicks made from in your end goal into touch are incorrectly treated as being taken dead in goal.

Points I would love to see focused on in upcoming patches: that would have large positive impacts on gameplay.

*Player positioning at each breakdown - Must be the foundation, as without players in the right places … the context of what is happening in the rest of the areas is hard to determine whether is working or not such as passing. i.e. First receiver is always a playmaker and there are always forward options off every ruck. A kicking option and/or secondary playmaker should also be positioned. These if there is only to be one offensive line setting should be “Deep”.

*Kicking improvements for punts, Up and under and grubbers - Punts are fine but need more time to complete in general play, implementing the above would solve this. Up and Under kicks need much more hang time and a contested catch at the end on most occasions (Though not looking for the game to get loaded with mini games, don’t like those). Grubbers need better chasers as putting one in behind the line works but the chasers do not and less of an impact from being taken off the ball after kicking a grubber as regathering is almost impossible if other chasers are not in play. Box kicks feel good, and the targeting is more accurate.

*Mitigation of the “Sucked in” to tackles or defenders teleporting to make tackles - It is hard to choose a running path or have realistic attacks if every large gap in the defence gets magically filled with a defender from 10 metres away. If there is a range for when these interactions occur, it needs to be reduced.

*More effective opposition AI from set piece – Currently from any set piece the opposition offence will only run from halfback rather than passing to the backline. Not sure if this is because they will eventually always run set plays from these which are not yet implemented, but if so, just giving the behaviour from a ruck in that scenario would work. The opponents do nothing of note from any set piece right now which limits their attacking opportunities.

OVERALL: The contact area is starting to look good. The addition of all the new tackle animations makes the game look a lot more like the real deal at the breakdown. The passing trajectory and speed along with player movement is improving in leaps and bounds as well, although some work needs to be done around how that affects the time on the ball the player has to make decisions or carry out tactical choices and skill moves.

The major patch also seems to have impacted ruck speed negatively, seemingly due to the AI trying to decide what to do at each tackle situation. The non targeted LB and RB passing not working affects play greatly also. The new initial photogrammetry, stadiums and UI all look very good though and I cannot wait to see more content added along the way.

Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback, I really like the direction this game is heading in and am looking forward to seeing what else is coming.

P.S A hotfix for the LB, RB passing issue and the new bugs would be sweet ha ha.

21 Likes

Agree with above, the passing from left and right shoulder keys, very unresponsive, have not seen any offloads, (maybe a special button?) passing is delayed, impossible to get off a short inmediate pass. I am also finding all kinds of morphing. On easy finding difficult to do any kind of offensive moves. The ruck clear outs look very nice, just don’t know exactly what I am doing, if strategy can be added to the rucking animation, would be fun, hopefully , it will be a risk /reward system and not just luck with calculations underneath the hood… Game wants to go in the right direction but feels extremely clunky at the moment.

2 Likes

wow this ‘major’ patch is a major dissapointment.

how can the passing be improved, do people actually play test this. scrumhalfs give floaty or super long passes and most of the time dont even pass the right way, u cant see who you are passing to if u wanted to hold down the pass button, and once the ball is away from the ruck there is 0 percent chance you can actually get a pass away because you are sucked into a tackle. passes are still floaty and often bad passes, either no one attempts to catch it or the ball is thrown 80 metres away. to say this is an improvement is crazy it was better at first release of the game. passing has been ‘improved’ 4 times now and its worse everytime

it is still impossible to get a kick away, it takes way to long to charge up you shouldnt have to fill a bar and then wait for it to drop back down to get a full powered kick, its slow and takes way to long. you cant make any kicks as you get sucked into a tackle instantly and you dont get full control of your player for a few seconds once they catch the ball.

it is impossible to go forward with the ball in this patch, you cant pass, kick and get sucked into tackles instantly. there is the odd chance you might get through a gap or theres a loose ball that gets picked up and you are through, however once you are through there is still no support play and i dont trust that if i go for a pass to my support that it will be accurate and my player will catch it in stride. or it gets intercepted. offloads dont happen either.

tackles animations are nice however sometimes it gets glitchy and we are being sucked into tackles which is really bad for going for half gaps or attempting to draw and pass.

rucks are still very slow and a mess, players take forever to get into the ruck and the 9 is still slow to pass it, turnovers happen way to much and nines still run into the ruck when u go for a snipe, box kicks often get stopped by tackles aswell.

i dont think i have had one lineout steal ever in this game, neither have i ever had a penalty, seriously need to get rules like offsides, knock ons and high tackles in now

player movement is the exact same and so is stability of the game, to many bugs and crashes

ai is still boring to play and over powered in defense

overall the game is boring and repetitve and you cant really even play rugby

there has been 4 updates now and no sign of improvement everything is getting worse, saying things are improved aswell when they clearly arent, this is a 15 gig update for basically nothing apart from a few teams and tackle animations. 63 gig for a very empty unplayable game. fancy menus and teams and face scans are great however it means absolutely nothing when the game isnt playable. you are making it very hard for us to play this and give feedback when its literally impossible to do anything in this game. get some proper play testers

11 Likes

Think it’s time for RossSymons or the producer for this game tell us what the plan for this game is in detail and if we playing the latest version of the game that their are playing. It doesn’t make sense for us to get updates that makes this game just worst, all honestly the most fun I had in this game was when ea just started but game becames less playable with each update.

Picture we getting here yeah we listening to your feedback but we will just make the game worst with each update and call it improvements when there isn’t. Not giving me much hope. It’s like many said before rather have good gameplay than looking at good player models with a game that’s unplayable. RossSymons honestly you guys really think this update took the game forward because can’t see how you play this and says yeah that’s great loving the state the game is going in now when you can’t even score points now

5 Likes

Here’s the feedback.

• Tackle: finally some good animation but it’s still not that .we getting most of the time 1 on 1 tackle and they are all dominant tackle.still feel like rugby league and not union every time there is a tackle the defender get back on his feet and go in the defensive line so basically if you are in offense you’re always outnumbered cause you have one player on the ground and 2 support so you end up with 12 attackers against 15 defenders everytime so how are you supposed to have a good offense? Have you ever watch rugby union? I’m sorry but never in my life I’ve seen 15 players on defense most of the time the tackler is on the ground and you have one or two guys trying to contest the ball that what make the space. Never saw one penalty for high tackle.We need more different tackles animation it’s always so same and it feel boring .

• ruck : for the good part i like the animations when the support is Cleaning the defender on the ruck and i like when the defender blow the ruck support on a counter ruck,the number 9 is more stick to the ball and we got faster ruck so that’s a good point too. However the time between a tackle and the ruck formation is still too long that feel so unrealistic you getting tackle your opponent getting back on his feet go back in the defensive line and after that you got the ruck formation I’m sorry but NO. That’s not how it’s supposed to work when someone is tackled the ruck should be this instant and because of that jackling is way too easy now.I never saw one penalty in the ruck for hands in the ruck or not realising the ball or even an offside . Box kicking is impossible every time you getting tackle.And last but not least the most important point is that i take no pleasure playing cause there’s no mini game for the ruck to be competitive it’s just adding player so it feel Boring as hell the scrum is fun cause you have to do something respect the mini game and the timing to win the ball here we have nothing it’s just automatic no fun it’s supposed to be a simulation competitive game i don’t feel the fun neither the competitiveness.

• passing : still too floaty and even worse now that we have a good defense.

• kicking : can’t feel the difference between a back and a forward kicking same power same distance don’t you have some grade and some sliders? Kicking is still to powerful i can kick from my 5 m and en up in the 22 opponent.

• Lineout : same as the ruck NO FUN cause no mini game it’s just press one button and it’s all automatic no mini game not enjoyable at all no penalties in this aera too.

• maul : same thing feel like automatics no mini game so no fun so why should i do a maul? If you keep going with the maul even if you progress the refs ask you to use it.

• scrum : still the best point of the game really fun love the mini game and feel competitive the only part of the game where i see penalties only thing too work is the number 8 when he choses to carry it need to be more fluid and maybe put more difficulties in the scrum so that if I’m dominant i want to keep pushing until i get a penalty and if I’m being dominated i want to get the ball out before i getting penalized. and now add some combinations after the scrum.

• graphics : every grass from every field look so awful and so unrealistic it’s really not pleasant to see and we need more intro animation and more animation during the game like stats, focus on player , emotions. every players body look the same and that’s really tickles me they all look like league players.

• game flow : really a lack of reactivity this patch put more bugs into the game the time between joining the ruck and contest it it’s unreal but in a really bad way, defense way too strong like i told you we can’t enjoy playing in offense cause there’s no tackle breaking or no breaking line, now i don’t even know who I’m passing the ball to no indication, no support running no momentum, don’t feel like i can accelerate or control the pace of my game it feel really clumsy. The pace and speed of the ruck is killing every momentum.

• sliders : please work on your sliders on defense on offense on kicking on breaking tackles on miss tackles on offload

• offense : the worst part of the game, there’s no sliders so basically if I’m not trying to bump of or hand off or step someone i can’t never break a tackle or win the line so we end with us making 10 phases starting from the 50m to end up into my 5 meters cause you can’t never break the line if you don’t try any move and just run into the defense and since there’s only 1 defense animation which is the dominant tackle you loose meter every time you carrying the ball. I think you need to reduce the speed of the defensive line coming at you so you have more time to Planified your attacks. WORST POINT is the fact that you can’t still get a proper offensive line so now you have a too good defense so you can’t do anything in offense cause your players are poorly placed. Again we want to see some PODS i want to see the difference when a back or a forward running the ball i want to have the choice of what I’m doing not just passing but have a decent attack R1 and L1 should be ball for the pods and R2 and L2 pass for the back, in my pod i want to be able to make a pop up pass to my support or hitting the back behind my pod. I want to be able to set my offense with the directional arrows the depth the space how i want my pod after the 10 or after the 9 like rugby 22 , i want some combinations after a ruck like rugby 22 and rugby 08 and rugby challenge. We want more offensive animation i want my players to break tackles and offload for god sake i can’t even offload. I want to feel that i can make the ball alive by moving it with some fluidity i want to feel that i can control the pace of my offense like basically every other rugby game than this one i just want to have fun.

Defense : more tackling animations i want to see 2 tacklers on me i want to see high tackle i want to see shoulder tackles, leg tackles, hips tackles, ball tackles i want the tackler to stay on that ground not getting up straight away i want to see penalties for dangerous tackle. I want to feel that i can control my defensive line with the space the pressure i want if i want to rush or control if i want to put pressure on the ruck or leave the ruck alone to set my defense. I just want to have fun.

I got all respect and all love for you but ain’t no way you telling me that you testing your game before realising the patch cause in just 2 min we all feel like the game is unplayable and unenjoyable.

So what do you have to remember is : WE JUST WANT FUN . I want to feel that i have the control not that all is automatic. I want the game to be competitive with some mini games around aera that made rugby fun like ruck and lineout and scrum i just want to have fun running the ball trying different way to score a try i want to have fun defending and trying to win the ball back by making the offense drop the ball or loose it because of a jackle.To be honest the game feel less and less enjoyable and the time make it worse cause we all feel like when you make one step you get 10 step back and I’m not the only one feeling that just watch every rugby YouTubers and go on some of the rugby discord all we want is fun. That’s all thanks.

5 Likes

Maybe this game is better when it’s player vs player because this game against the CPU is rough. How does no one pick up the issues with the passing then say it’s improved? It’s not like it’s occurring every now and then, it’s every single time.

1 Like

Whilst rucks and tackling have gotten somewhat better, the passing SUCKS. It really needs:

• Offloads
  • no floaty/ loop passes
  • cut down number of intercept passes

At this point, the game has gone back to being unplayable. Especially because on every possession I end up getting marched back downfield until my scrumhalf throws the ball out the back of the end field.

The mauls seemed visually ok, but couldnt work out what to do.

Also, whenever the scrum tries to pick and go, he does this wierd floaty step forward in the ruck, one step back, waits, then goes… only to get tackled.

1 Like

despite all these flaws, the game still progresses. This game has a difficult and simulation side that I like. I have about 50 hours of play and you have to play it often to start knowing how to play the game. The game especially needs readjustments in terms of passing and being able to kick a little more easily. I find the new tackle animations superb. The animations and graphics are really beautiful. the feeling of racing with the player is very pleasant. This game still has a few months of development ahead of it so I’m very confident. Watch tiebreak when it was released in early access and today. Many people today are unanimous in finding it superior to Top spin 2k25. Don’t give up, developers. You are on the right path. Now we need the next big update.
Review the passes as a priority.
Fix the glitches that still remain, teleportations etc…
resolve animation problems during contact phases (tackle)
continue to improve the kicking game. (be able to free yourself a little more easily).
Good work, above all keep up your work!!!

3 Likes
  • improved passing

I’ve had loads of passes thrown to nobody or 40 metres backwards with a multitude of simple passes floated high in the air for seemingly no reason

-improved tackling

New animations look good, and feel really impactful, unfortunately the radius that tackles are made from is now huge, so it’s almost impossible to pass or kick or step, or do anything in an attacking sense.

• new teams and stadiums

Cool to have new teams, means nothing as the game is currently unplayable. Issues with Northampton stadium blocking the camera from sideline view

-improved rucking

Rucks are more competitive still too slow and a little random turnovers happen too often

• lighting and textures still don’t look very good

-player movement

Haven’t seen any improvement because it’s basically impossible to play attacking rugby.

Still no offside, knock ons, ruck penalties, line out penalties, or any of the basic rules implemented

Fix passing, fix support lines and lessen the radius that tackles are made from so you can actually draw and pass and you might have a decent base to build on. I’ve been asking for this since release so hopefully it happens soon. Game is pretty much unenjoyable in its current state the patches need to be playtested more before release

3 Likes

Ive played 1 game and its stil the same. Have no space to attack ones the player received the ball he runs straight into the defense the depth between the attack line and defense line is not right. The passing is stil loop passes not straight passes and if u get to pass the ball the player recieving the ball standing stil not running the support lines. Please fix that. Then rugby is about building momentum getting the ball out the rucks quick catching the oponent of guard the gamespeed in rucks is to slow need to get ball out quickly players need to run there correct positions. Stil alot of glitches where game gets stuck

@JNT_BA & @MattW First of all thanks for EA2. Most of what has been said above is on point and I don’t want to repeat that. The game feels totally unplayable at the moment, is it not possible to drop a quick/hot fix patch?? (Not sure what you call it) to just fix the issue where you cannot get any time to either pass/kick to at least get to a second or third pass, I started a few games, and then eventually quit before the game even reaches half time, it is really frustrating trying to play the game at the moment.

Secondly, and this is maybe in your planning already, but the d-pad isn’t being used at the moment. Can or will you be using them for basic tactics?

For example:
Up = Set Line Depth (Tap up to go through the choices of Close / Normal / Deep)
Down = Set Line Width (Same as above Narrow / Normal / Wide)
Left = Set the attacking side to left (Players move to the left side and form certain formations depending on your Line depth and width)
Right = Set the attacking side to the right (Same as mentioned for the left, this just happens now for the right side)

Then you can also use L2 + Dpad Right to put Fly half or Fullback in the pocket to clear a kick. (Sorry PS controller, not sure what its called on Xbox controller)

Same for setting pods or player formations with the L2 + D-pad - If this can be implemented sooner rather than later I believe it can help a lot with player positioning etc.

Again, the game visually looks great, but gameplay needs urgent attention, and EA needs to be fixed asap so that we can at least get to play it to identify other issues.

6 Likes

I like the L2 + D-Pad idea, perhaps L2 + Dpad down for pocket though.

4 Likes

Certainly we hear everyone in regards to passing - the improvements referenced were regarding the underlying code for passing; while the issues being identified are on the input/gameplay mechanic side, the pass indicators being inconsistent is among those, but also delay in getting passes off.

The wider issue of how well you can set up attacking rugby, support runs, etc is absolutely on the agenda. It’s very high up there for this coming month so we should get progress on that through this month’s interim updates. We’re attacking that issue from a number of angles, be that trying to reduce how 1v1 some tackles end up, reducing the range of tackles, improving positioning, etc. There’s lots of things we can and are doing on this.

I can’t give a schedule for the interim patches as they are code driven in terms of timing, other than that it won’t be today, earlier in the week next week would be my current estimate - you’ll all know by now how much JNT enjoys the E word :slight_smile:

Secondly, and this is maybe in your planning already, but the d-pad isn’t being used at the moment. Can or will you be using them for basic tactics?

Yes, d-pad will be the home for tactics. Being able to drop someone back for kicks is one of the higher priorities, whether we bring that on it’s own or wait a bit more to bring it in with more depth isn’t something we’ve made a call on yet, but for sure on the agenda.

14 Likes

Thanks for the reply and I am looking forward to the upcoming interim patches then.

3 Likes

Also I have a few questions to ask and I would like to have answers.
Will new camera views be added? or a zoom system for the 2 camera views already present.
When will the management part of the game be added? (replacements etc…)
will there be statistics for the players?
And finally will there be new stadiums added by the end of early access.
Thanks in advance!!!

1 Like

Hi Ross & Team,

First of all, thanks for the latest patch, can tell by the size that a lot or work has obviously gone in.

Would usually try and give some constructive feedback but unfortunately the game is now completely broken for me because of the passing.

Mimicking what’s been said above, it’s now impossible to get a pass off in open play, you just get tackled straight away. The only time I got a pass off was by passing to my deepest receiver from a ruck, and then hitting pass again because the tackler wasn’t as close, and even when I got the pass off it just went like 10 metres straight forward to opposition.

I think you absolutely need to prioritise a hot fix for this asap. I can’t really test the rest of the updates because of the passing issue unfortunately

3 Likes

Good day,

Firstly, thank you for the first major patch.

Many of the above feedback above is correct that there is some things that feel worse but should be (Hopefully) easy to fix.

Tackling: The tackling radius feels HUGE, and I believe this is what causes most of the problems we encounter with running gaps, being unable to pass to a team mate even though you press it far from being tackled and especially when trying to break through.

I believe the tackling radius also affects the kicking as it seems that a player kicks and then the ball goes back to the player that is being tackled.

I also believe that it affects the fend off and bumps as the tackle happens too soon that when you use the button to bump or fend off or shoulder charge the tackle already happens.

Why was the stick removed for tackling? The Y button feels like it is clashing at rucks as when controlling a player they tend to do a tackle dive and feels like you can’t contest the ruck at times. (Same issue the button had when it used to be for the fullback)

Passing: Passing is back at the stage of passing to the opposition.

Too many loop passes cause the ball to be intercepted a lot and just chucking the ball away.

Rucks: I do like that it is more clear how to steal the ball now (The conditions to steal the ball) because now I know how to do it in future but was getting a bit too easy to pull it off.

The Ai at times (at most times) do not engage in the ruck when you do not, some times I don’t want to engage in the ruck as I want to have more players for defense and especially when I see they have 3 already at the ruck, don’t want to fight a lost cause by engaging in the ruck when I know I can’t win it.

I am still having issues that the scrumhalf/halfback is not always the main guy at the ruck. Perhaps a dedicated button to force him to go to the ruck (A - Xbox / X - Playstation)?

As mentioned above from other posts to have some more defence style in the ruck to make it more possible for a box kick.

Mauls: I like how it looks visually but also encounter the same issue as mentioned above from a different post that says you have to bind everybody to use the ball.
I want to decide when I play it and not when everybody is binded. The ref also says use it when there is clear movement or when everybody is binded.

I love that it is in the game.

Line-outs: The lineouts are okay but I still don’t get the concept on how to steal them as the Ai steals it, not everytime but they do get it right.

The Maul button needs to be added to the line-out layout as the B/O button is still showing grey.

To add more difficulty is hard as it is a line out and usually is pretty straight forward however I believe there can be more stuff added, for instance to perhaps use the D-Pad to add fake jumpers (halfway up) to “dummy” the opponent. (Just a random idea for visuals)

Perhaps to also toggle the maul button so that I can press it twice to cancel the maul so that it pops to the SH/HB but visually on screen so that I don’t get confused on what I wanted to do.

Kicking: I still believe the kicking is good but needs less time to wind up unless the tackling radius is reduced so that I can do it quicker as I get tackled all the time when trying to perform the kick.

Rules/Infringements: There is still a lack of rules that need to be implemented. I did however have 2 cases where there was a penalty.

• High tackle - Somehow the ref did blow the whistle for a high tackle but it made no difference to the game everybody stood up, stood still and then I was able to run but no-one tackled me but, I was not given a choice for a penalty kick to touch, to posts or scrum or tap and go.

• I am not sure what the second penalty was for but this time it was me that caused the penalty but the Ai could kick out (at least it was their lineout) so the code is just hiding there some where just needs to be implemented.

Competitive Play: I just want the custom tournaments to be made bigger as restricting it to 8 teams for now does not make sense as there is many more teams to choose from.

I want to make custom pool matches so that I can have my own “world cup” style format with 5 teams in a pool.

I also want make my own custom season with how many teams I want, like if it is season style that I can have 11 teams if I wanted or any number that I request.

New Teams: New teams is always fun to have but I would have thought that the original teams that were added would have gotten photogrammetry first before more teams were added, but in that case can’t the team just add the other countries even though they do not have photogrammetry.

Overall the game has sooooooooooo much potential and I am excited for what it can become.

The biggest challenge I believe will fix most of the issues is the tackling radius (if it even works like that) reduce that by like 60-75% and it should be better for other aspects of the game (Kicking, running gaps, passing)

I am getting more game crashes than previous updates but will try focussing better on what happens when that occurs to give better feedback.

Thank you again for the update.

4 Likes

The current mapping or description for diving on loose ball is not correct (In the end goal). Pressing X does nothing and it is actually B button that gets you to dive on a loose ball in goal.

1 Like