Early Access 2 – Interim Update 2 - Feedback

I forgot to mention.

When goal kicking it would probably be good if we had random wind conditions at times or certain wind conditions throughout a match or a pre match weather setting that we can choose. It will also influence in game kicking possibly from each end of the stadium. I noticed this a lot in Rugby 22. Sometimes you played a half with a strong wind behind you for kicking and the second half you would swap ends and the wind would be blowing towards you and your kicks would go a shorter distance.

Also I noticed when you line up for a goal kick you can actually hear your player’s footsteps on the pitch as he moves to kick the ball. I thought that was a cool little feature.

Just saw that, @JNT_BA will it still come with big update this week?

1 Like

2 Likes

@MattW is there a possibility/chance we getting the big update today been spying on steam and seen things been happening but got quiet there now hahah. We know you like to give that hopefully answers where @JNT_BA dont always want to get us to excited :joy:

It’s also time for a new roadmap. The old road is finished!

3 Likes

The primary concern I have with the game from the outset has been the dynamics of player positioning during attacks. Players are often placed randomly, resulting in situations where they are either too close together or too far apart. Additionally, supporting players tend to remain stationary until a pass is made, at which point they begin to run, disrupting the momentum of the play. When attempting to make a quick run to break through a defensive line, it’s common for supporting players to only be jogging forward, which ultimately leaves the team without effective support lines.

Since the Early Access release, I have not observed any significant improvements in this regard. The only change appears to be that supporting players now at least start moving forward after a pass, rather than remaining still. However, this movement begins only after the pass is executed, often resulting in the supporting players lagging behind and not matching the pace of the play, which continues to hinder momentum. I sincerely hope that these issues will be addressed in the next update.

3 Likes

Going to sound like an echo on a few things here, but great work on the patch and all the work going into this so far. We see the hard work and appreciate rugby may be the hardest sport to make a game of.
Animations are getting much better, some of the sidesteps literally make my ankles feel a little bit weak.
Love sneaking in Argentina and Chile!!
I also think I saw the lineout pods move when I had less numbers and went to the front/back so that is moving forward nicely.

On the other hand, having a few regular glitches of a ruck causing the game to be stuck and no ‘use it’ or anything. So the game just sits there to no end.

Goal kicking - PLZ bring something similar to RLL4 for goal kicking

Still no offloading, some fancy offloads for high skilled players would be great to add in down the line.

Try scoring - Would like to have A to put ball down, double tap A to dive and have more diving animations, especially corner fishes that get TMO reviewed.

• Any held up animations? Had a try help up but seemed like a normal tackle.

Camera - is there an option to hold the camera end swap when turnover or inrecept the oppositon until a ball is kicked or tackled.

Rucks are getting there, but would be interested to add in a jackal element as rucks usually arent turned over in the current way in the game

2 Likes

Adding on more comments and trying not to duplicate what others have said:

• kicking has definitely improved, but tweaks necessary. End of game struggling to get the ball out of play because the arrows do not let you go direct to touch and sometimes kickers aren’t strong enough
  • kicking angles really needed to help the game for box kick and open play - rarely able to do a grubber or up and under without being tackled. Don’t know how I’d manage to do a crossfield accurately
  • Have been held up a few times when tackled over the try line, but AI has been able to do an extra move to place the ball
  • when collecting the ball the players are not subtle enough, i.e. AI kicked the ball 3/4m from touchline and I tried to collect, but the automated movement meant I ran into touch
  • another example is if there is a ruck by the touchline, ball is in play but scrum half pass picks up the ball with leg in touch then becomes opposition lineout
  • kick receivers sometimes ignoring the ball and letting go into touch rather than attempting to catch
  • support runners need to be closer for line breaks and offloads
  • did a punt kick into opposition dead ball area and the ball trickled to the corner flag and went straight through it - would be a nice touch and fun element if these were solid and could bounce off

I see people are having issues with crashes - I am mostly playing using club teams and having very few issues, although when trying to play international teams it happens frequently for me.

Got a ton of hours into this latest patch - can’t wait for next!

3 Likes

When might we be seeing the new roadmap?

The biggest thing thats going to help this game in terms of passing and overall flow is the player positioning and having some sort of framework such as forwards pods. This is one of the few things rugby 22 done really well.

3 Likes

Hello Big Aunty

a few more things, ones that might actually be easy to repair, not top priority at all, but will need to be corrected at some point for sure.

Refs are clearly not on point yet, letting all offsides slide, which is fine by me in early access. But they do blow the whistle sometime and when they do, they sometimes get it wrong (which, i insist, is fine by now) but I found one thing they always get wrong in the clip below.

tryzone tackle

When carrying the ball, going into my endzone, if i get tackled, the ref always gives me a clearout dropkick instead of giving the opposing team a 5 m scrum.
In the clip above, you can see Ramos carrying the ball, going in the endzone and getting tackled. But as you can see in the clip below, Aldritt does the dropkick. And i’m not so sure a number 8 is able to do such a 50 meter dropkick lol .

aldritt drop andcamera tilt

I play with the camera end balanced, camera switch on fixed, yet as you can see in the above clip, once Aldritt kicks, the camera switches to the opposing side while the ball is in the air and switches back to my rear view once the ball is catched. Pretty confusing, especially if you are trying to chase the receiver. Happens on some scrums too.

So as I said, not priority at all as gameplay is, but will definitely need to be resolved at some point.

Thanks, cheers !!!

2 Likes

We should have some updates on the next major release pretty soon, but I’ll give everyone a tiny sneak peek of one aspect :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I’ll wait on youtube for the trailer so long! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is really concerning to me about the state of the game …

Is that no where and I mean absolutely no where …

Have I seen or heard anything at all about GripSocks.

2 Likes

We have to save some major features for the full release of the game.

10 Likes

@MattW think it’s time to hit that red button for the update hahah I need it now :joy:

3 Likes

Love this! Im all for as many on screen stats in a match as possible! Graphic on screen looks so much better aswell, with the gradient style coloured bar and team logo size, much better visual accross the board!
Looks like theres enough room under “conversion attempts” for another line of text, I assume that will be somelike like “success %” or something. Little things like stats popping up make a match feel much more unique. Hopefully we will also get sporadic graphics popping up during a match like possession % and territory % too. Keep it up. :ok_hand:

8 Likes

@MattW When is update!!!

2 Likes

If the this visual could be integrated with tournament and other modes would be great. Like a season point and conversation rates

1 Like