Early Access 3 (EA3) Launch

GotBy

Totally enjoying the update!

The game is FUNNN!

Of the are still some problem.

For the know the main concern is rucks.
Still is a mess, there’s no way to counter attack a ruck. You can only do the trick 3v1, where you commit only a player and the AI use 3, so the 3 clean the one and the free to pick up.

Other people already wrote about this, but there’s a problem with the box kick, so aiming with the left stick actually trigger the pick and go even if box kick.

There are problems with finals cut scenes, camera go through walls, the players enter the stadium from inside the walls. Especially Miami stadium.

3 Likes

Agree, Yes it is, :slight_smile: When you play simple its ok, but soon as you try macros in button presses it has higher chance to crash, example, icon passing or shuffling and hand off at same time seems to have more chance of crashing. The last patch improved the games flow tremendously, the tight passes and offloads are starting to be dialed in but still need polish, the rucks at times seem great at times and at times it if feels like I am just smashing buttons, some of the best ruck clear out animations in a rugby game, just wish the developers would explain the rucking system better, at what moment is steal, contest, bind supposed to be pressed. And if an offensive player is isolated in a tackle, can a tackler get up and contest, can the offensive player try to hold on with chance of penalty, if they can, how do you do this? Game is playing considerably better, the passing is much improved and offloads are finally in, the flow is much improved, just don’t dumb down rucks and we will have a pretty darn good Rugby game base. Allow up to 4-5 players to bind if you keep smashing bind, this is part of the strategy, although rare, there is a time to throw in the kitchen sink at ruck time and add 4-5 players smashing into the ruck, risk vs reward system. Rugby challenge 3 had a good feel for when to send 1 player in and when that odd moment of sending 4-5 players smashing into the ruck to try force a turnover. I like where the game is going but still needs much polish. Good job developers for a much improved patch.

PS Please explain the controls for the ruck system!

1 Like

Is there going to be team management and editing tactics, this update is definitely an improvement and is looking ok, just need team management like changing the starting 15 and tactics like line depth and different pod structures. Also is there going to be a manager mode where we can make transfers and play through multiple seasons. These are needed things to make the game good and also the game crashes a bit too much.

3 Likes

Just like the others are saying, best update so far. Really enjoy the offload fix and how risky attempts often lead to bad passes, going to ground, intercepts, etc. AI mistakes are great as well, a perfect opposition is not what the majority want.

Can not wait for rules to be implemented to lead to penalties, advantages being played, sin bins, and the end of grossly offside tries during kick tennis! As well as planned set moves, appropriate player positioning and increased calibration.

MLR players, kits, graphics and stadiums are brilliant. Can not wait for the Gallagher Prem - all these features are strong differentiators compared to previous iterations of the game, and gameplay is definitely getting in the right direction.

Gameplay Feedback

• defender responsiveness at lineout, often frozen and then 9 will run forward 5m with no tackler responding to tackle button
  • AI kick receivers become very robotic and seem to have a tackle guard for first few seconds after receiving, makes kick chases redundant
  • own players slow to react from kicks, no urgency to pick up the ball on a kick and chase, happy to stroll up to it
  • Please explain scrums, have not won one in the latest 3 patches - follow the instructions and get “good” timing but penalty every time. I am by no definition a seasoned gamer so I will happily take criticism for not being good, I just want to understand ha
  • AI is capable of being tackled in the try area and doing an extra movement to place the ball, however if I am tackled in game area it is AI ball immediately (even if ball is grounded on the replay). This means it is not possible to score fun tries through rounds of forwards ball, eg pick and go or running short lines. Many tries are scored this way in real life and would be a shame for this to be limited in game
  • difficult to tackle open runners as button to locate nearest player is selecting 2nd closest player and when selected they pause their running or defensive line
  • line passing is super fast but offloads are slower and it is hard to capitalise on the gaps in space because players become static when receiving, when in games this is often at pace (dependent on skill stats)
  • definitely a future request, but when players when standing near rucks or mauls or open play, it is very rigid. Adding variety of resting animations, or guard animations would increase lifelike aethetic

Glitches

• Bullet passes to touch
  • AI mall lineouts often cause game to soft crash. The ball stays in maul but game reacts like it is out, so there is no free kick for not using the ball, the game just indefinitely rolls on - only solution is to exit the game and lose progress
  • Pick and go from the ruck into open space sometimes difficult and player will become trapped or partially blocked by open space, which slows the runner or makes it impossible to capitalise on gaps in defence. Solution is to run a big semi circle around the ruck which isn’t ideal
  • Edit: Recently tried to kick from dead ball area to clear possession upfield, but my player placed the ball down resulting in 5m scrum to opposition
1 Like

Something minor I would love to see is players names under the selected player, I know it says it in the bottom corner but sometimes hard to check when you’re playing
I’d like to know who’s running the ball and who you’re defending with without looking down there

4 Likes

Spent hours creating players and a team, and cannot use them in Play Now or Competetions mode? How to be able to use academy assets?

2 Likes

You can, you just need to make enough players. Try making 25+ then the lineup option comes. After that you can use them in play now.

The team I made in a game.

If you want to make guys quick, just go to new player, select a preset, go into identity, press x to profanity filter it and then back out. That is a player saved that can be added to your team.

I didn’t even bother doing stats on most and they still play fine (Although a little badly lol)

*Can’t be used in competitions mode yet it seems unfortunately though.

2 Likes

thank you for the reply, that seemed to have fixed it

1 Like

Great Update guys! So far the game is SO MUCH more enjoyable! Only thing is it has a lot of crashes now.

But we definitely getting a much more polished game already just with this latest update.

Now still a few things to look at.

• Rucks need to still speed up a bit. Get the ball quicker to the 9 (or whoever) to get faster passes.
• Player Positioning still needs to improve. But we getting there. MUCH better than launch.
• Set plays would be nice, like getting a kicker in the pocket because I tried to do a drop goal and got tackled because I was too close to the defensive line. Or even just a button to put kicker more behind the line of offensive players to open up more space to kick
• Multiple crashes during random events in game.
• Rules in the game. Like offside would be nice to see in a next few updates.
• Btw, I love the on screen notifications when scoring a try and kicking. Also the new pause screen looks great! Maybe just use some different stats when scoring a try haha. Because the age of a player is not very relevant when scoring a try.

Other than that I am VERY happy! Great update guys! Also the Kicking has improved SO MUCH!! Love the work you are putting into the game! Keep it up!

4 Likes

not got the game yet i’m PS5, but latest update looks brilliant, wonder if Sliders for gameplay will come at some point like in the AFL Game cause they made a huge differance tbh, great work guys

1 Like

A really good update who fixe a lot of stuffs.

Here the stuff that i think still need to be fixe:

• Being able to change the position of the players so it’s easier to kick/drop kick
    -Implementing the rules that are missing
  • Making the ruck more realistic with new animations (because it does look like a scrum)
  • Fixing the grass texture
  • Implement the charge down when the kick is taken too close to the defence
  • make the players’ movements less linear to make them more natural, because at times they feel “robotic”
7 Likes

This is probably just personal preference but I don’t mind kicking for goal being too easy. In fact BigAnt should add a goal kicking difficulty so there is a least an option for people to make their goal kicking experience more challenging, again that is just my opinion.

3 Likes

The game has so much potential, I hope you guys stick with it. It’s crashed every game since the update but gameplay feeling better. Crashing mainly occurring on long kicks. Cheers from USA, keep up good work.

1 Like

I translated my review into English sorry I’m not very good at speaking English

Hello, after having done a lot of walking on the big update n°3 I come to give my opinion.
Well done to the whole team, the game is progressing well, I am optimistic for the future
Although the game is evolving well, there are still some important negative points: we need more possibilities to alternate between ground and foot games, with the
-drops to be able to place a player in a drop position in the 22.
-A faster number 9, I still find too slow
-to be able to choose a defense mode (player placement) defense wide or tight
-the fast laser pass needs to be reviewed
-Being able to scratch the ball in the ruck
-Being able to be penalized for having scratched the ball too long in the ruck, high tackle having the yellow and red cards
-I find the lawn very ugly, it looks like a carpet.
I’ll let other players know what I feel after this update.

11 Likes

The ruck still needs work, especially the tackling player(s). I appreciate it may need some new animations and further reworking, but the tackling players should sometimes be stuck in the ruck and not just bouncing straight back to their feet to allow them to compete for the ball.

How are we meant to develop overlaps when every ruck has the same number of players. The attacking team is actually at a disadvantage as the tackled player is stuck at the bottom of the ruck every time!

And what about penalties at the ruck for the tackling player deliberately slowing down the ball or not rolling away, which would be a great risk/reward feature to include? These can’t be present unless the tackling player(s) are getting trapped in the ruck sometimes

3 Likes

The whole responsiblity of the number 9 is to pass the ball from mauls to rucks to lineouts. Most times I see a ruck occur the number 9 joins in the ruck. The 9 should hold back and prepare to pass the ball to whoever is around.

3 Likes

Definitely agree with most, rucks needs to be looked think when stealing the ball should just move to my side rather than the pushover that gives defeats the purpose if ai gets ball back, maybe add another button to do counter ruck than you can do the pushover knowing the risk you might not get the ball

6 Likes

Support runners need to be work on

2 Likes

100% agree. Do you think it will mostly be resolved once offsides are turned on? Provided the ball is still considered in the ruck

1 Like

I see on IGN website they say the game is coming soon to console is it true