Early Access 3 (EA3) Launch

The Cibi, Siva Tau and Sipi Tau would be too cool! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That would be an amazing touch to the game.

1 Like

Goal Kicking really needs some work, RWC2011 or Rugby 15 goal kicking was the best control wise IMO.

And I really think another camera angle is necessary like the one in RWC2011, stationary behind the kicker to watch the ball. Or stationary from behind the poles to watch it land.

Those two would be best, moving with the ball feels wonky and if you miss, camera reset stationary from behind the poles where the ball would land or behind the player would probably be easy.

Or a stationary angle from behind the player and then switching to watching the ball land from behind the poles would be nice.

3 Likes

Do we still get patch updates, or do we just get the major updates?

2 Likes

Just wanted to add something with regards to a comment I saw about the sliders of difficulty.

I do think the game should have the sliders but have some presets. I am thinking the game can be used to increase the rugby fanbase, but you need to get an easy enough / arcade style play so someone unfamiliar with Rugby can pick it up and play then increase the difficulty to simulation mode. This is just a thought comparing something like Don Bradman Cricket to other cricket games. It could turn off casual or newbies that need a simpler gameplay to get used to it before they can get comfortable with the complexity of the game.

1 Like

Hi Bro Jamil Lewis Here From Kaitaia New Zealand Can You Please Do some New Zealand Players For Rugby 25 ?

2 Likes

When Online is up and running, what are the chances for a “Rugby Clubs” mode?

Able to create your own player, whose stats will become better as you play better and level up, (like FIFA). You can have drop ins, which is up to 5 players. The rest of the team would be ai. Ability to call for a pass, kick for touch, and call set plays (if the captain). It would be an awesome experience. You can also make your own team, and play online against other teams. If you have 15-23 players it will be a full online team, but if not, the unfilled spots will be AI. The captain/owner of the club has the ability to choose goal kicker, kick off taker, penalty kicker. Ability to choose a vice captain also. For example a No.7 as captain and the vice captain as the 10, who can call set pieces.
This also create the ability to run your own lines, create those gaps, and your team to make their own set pieces.
Your team plays together often, and you can discuss where your players should run. Getting the winger of your team to run that back door, swing it wide to the fullback and to the other wing. It would greatly be a team strategic team of those players clicking and would really create a margin of a “good team” to an “okay team” to a “great team”.

This would generally be something in rugby gaming that hasnt been done, but i dont think there is anyone who would not play it. Would be amazing to have.

2 Likes

This would be awesome but it doesnt appear that a mode in which you control a single player is in this game, as i imagine it would have been mentioned by now.

Emoni Narawa Chiefs And All Blacks Plays Both Wings Right Wing Left Wing Inside Centre And Outside Centre

This player Emoni Narawa would have been face scanned at The Chiefs with Photogrammetry.
I am sure you will see him once he is uploaded into the game by the developers once Super Rugby is added to the game. They recently scanned players at the Chiefs in Super Rugby.

Best to contact me outside of this forum. As this forum is for feedback on the game to the developers.

1 Like

The crowd is going to have a massive role in this game as it needs to feel real. Waves would be funny but they need to cheer for trys and penalties and stand and sing national anthems. Handmade signs would be cool even if it is just the team name/logo. Crowds should also be small when a team is losing or packed when they are winning in career mode or competion mode. Who knows maybe a pitch invader (with clothes on) cut scene plays randomly.:joy:

5 Likes

Whats your email bro ?

although sidesteps sometimes work, the truck function never works
this is something that can hopefully addressed, as it is necessary to punch holes close the ruck with the bigger players

also, the positions across the field seema bit random
yes there is more mobility these days, but 9 times out of 10 when the ball gets the wing, there is a lock forward or prop waiting
there needs to be a bias for backs closer to the touchline and fowards closer to the rucks

the ruck situation needs a lot of work
right now im not sure what the developers are trying to achieve here, but there needs to be a mini game based on numbers and the type of player entering the ruck, whcih can force a turnover
this is probably the area that needs most work

please also have the players holding the ball in two hands when not sprinting

3 Likes

Hi Team,

Additional feedback.

I played a few matches last few days. Hard to get one game complete without a ruck freeze.

There seems to be a reoccurring issue with Ruck Freezes when you kick the ball into the Ai territory and tackle the Ai player that gathers up the ball. It occurs early in a 2nd Half. The ball gets stuck in the ruck and Ai does not remove the ball. I sent two videos of separate incidents with a ticket I raised.

Held Up Referee / TMO rulings. An issue with the ball being grounded clearly on the grass in multiple incidents and the referee always ruling it’s a No Try and held up. I have video evidence of these incidents which I have submitted. Happens at Maryland Soccer Complex USA.

Teleport / Tackle. Still a lot of players that you will see when controlling them when making a line break that will actually put themselves into a tackle in a certain invisible radius and stop/drop to the ground with the Ai player teleporting to tackle them . This makes the game look unrealistic. On Hard difficulty from my experiences.

Mauls - The mauls appear to get frozen and stuck with the ball inside when the Ai forms the maul and if I commit all my players into the maul. I basically play now without putting all my players into the maul so the bug does not occur. Also when you put a couple of players in the maul , even 1-2 I can stop the Ai moving or advancing. It’s basically no contest and there is almost no challenge to stop an advancing maul. This is on hard difficulty. There needs to be more challenge with this. The Ai basically only ever advances by 1-3 steps forward with a maul.

Ai behaviour with attack. At the moment quite easy to tackle and contain Ai. I put this down to a lack of attacking options such as support runners, offloads, kicking grubbers , Line depth and width. Players in wrong positions such as props and Locks on wings.
Plus we have no penalties for anything. At the moment it’s lacking match incidents to warrant penalties to both sides. No one gets opportunities to get a penalty to advance into territory and put great pressure on a defence or goal line.

Bump off/Shoulder charge or a hand off. These actions never seem to work controlling a player.
It’s hard to advance when using a forward to go into contact with a carry. It’s simply looking for a gap somewhere.

I just tested team/squad size by filling up a custom team with male players. I noticed this gets to a limit of 50 players which is excellent. Thanks for listening to this feedback from the community. It’s big enough to cover all positions for depth during a competition.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for your hard work looking at these issues and for working on the many additional things to be brought into the game in the future.

5 Likes

GotBy

I would like to report the Struggle of the AI on the Mauls.
It seems that AI can’t figure out how to play the ball from the maul inside the 22 (own or opposite) resulting in scrum for the opposite team.

Also some strange things happening here:

P.s.: Please rework Rucks, once you figure how to break them is Impossible to lose.

4 Likes

Just on player creating. Hairstyles still seem a bit less varied.

Does anyone have an idea if there will be an intermediate update in the coming days or nothing until the big update at the end of September?

9 Likes

The most common bugs I have:
Game crash during mauls.
During rucks and mauls the opposition doesn’t have anyone to pick up the ball and it doesn’t give me a scrum so it just winds the clock down and there’s nothing I can do.
Ref blows for a penalty for a “high tackle” but play continues

Not a bug but you can be offside all you like which is kinda cheating I suppose.

Also I’ve set up a team in the academy with 15 players, what now? There’s no option in the quick game menu to play with the custom team so it feels pointless.

PS I really want to like this game, I have 17 hours on it right now but most of those were because the game quit midway through or a bug killed the game. I don’t think I have made it through a full game for a while so the game is unplayable at the moment which is a huge shame.

2 Likes

On the custom team, you need to create a min of 23 players, for the lineup option to unlock, after setting up your lineup, then you will be able to play with the team.

1 Like

Whens the next update? Been two weeks and theres nothing
 oh well, i guess i have to be patientđŸ« 

2 Likes