Early Access 3 (EA3) Launch

Can we also sign up a petition for the commemtary
The commemtating skills is just bored and no variety.
Different competitions with they respective commentators.

Superrugby pacific-Grant Nisbett,Justin Marshall and Australia Blokes

URC-Matthew Pearce and some Nothern hemisphere blokes.

i would like that to have the game more realistic please Big Ant

5 Likes

@MattW @JNT_BA Not sure whether this is even a question that can be answered. But don’t ask, don’t get right?

Has the team moved away from “Frequent interim updates” now and are only working on the major patches end of month?

Or is this just some lull in R25 updates that will go back to having both interim and Major patches next month?

Or even possibly just my idea of frequent is different? :sweat_smile:

Thanks

10 Likes

Aerial shots of whole stadiums before the match would add to the atmosphere for sure, rather than the zoomed in aerial of the pitch. Depending on how much context has been - or needs to be - modelled this could be restricted to certain stadiums. I noticed one of your trailers for cricket 24 showed a timelapse of the stadium filling up too which would be cool for knock out games etc! Would love to see Eden Park or the Cake Tin in Wellington lit up at night before a Bledislode Cup decider!

3 Likes

There’s enough posts on here about gameplay and that absolutely should be the focus but I do have some other secondary suggestions that I feel need to be considered at some point:

• We need a realistic career mode with promotion enabled between linked leagues such as pro D2 and Top14.

• We need the champions cup or something similar as well that is integrated into career mode. I.e. if you finish in the top 6 you are eligible for the champions cup the following season etc. This level of detail will make the experience standout from an arcade game to an actual realistic rugby experience.

• Transfers in between seasons to recruit players in career mode and build a team.

• Youth players/ AI generated players to represent next crop of players so career mode can be played over many seasons.

• Really simple request but please please we need line out tape in the game. Can’t have forward packs running about without thigh strapping, just isn’t realistic of Rugby Union.

Some other minor ideas:

• Strategies (tight forward play vs expansive, kick vs run, goal kicking vs territory…)
  • Set Plays (block plays, switches, loops, forward pods)
  • More boot designs (the current design is nice but too flimsy to be the kind of boot a forward or even a kicker would wear)
9 Likes

Yeah that would certainly be good but by the time the game comes out we may need to have a quick way of getting updated transfers, it would be good if this game had a similar option to EAFC games where there is an option to download the latest squad lists so that we don’t manually have to do the transfers as that would take ages!

I am really looking forward to this game fully releasing on PS4 despite the wait :+1:.

1 Like

If there was to be a career mode added soon I think big ant should stick to their guns and do what they did in cricket 24 by playing as cities and suburbs. I just don’t think that starting in the nrc or npc is accurate.

As I mentioned really early on. Don’t “expect” interim patches. They come down to many things for if we release them such as overall progress on something we want immediate feedback on or if we hit something ahead of time where it could be 3-4 weeks until the next major update that we want to not sit on for that long.

While ideally yes we would like it to where they will be a little more common than they have been during this break. We don’t also want to throw something out for the sake of just putting something out with no substance.

9 Likes

Thanks JNT.

I know you imply you set this expectation early on :sweat_smile:, I must have missed that meaning in among it all. I had the understanding we would always have interim ones based on feedback and any quick wins that could be put in also. But then again, I have never been the smartest person in the room :rofl: I think some others thought the same though.

Appreciate the response. I’ll adjust my expectations accordingly going forward.

4 Likes

Is it possible to confirm the dates (or estimate dates) for the major patches. Like will EA4 drop this week or only around Monday?

4 Likes

Compare to other major updates will most likely either be Wednesday or Thursday if there are no issues with update if any issues than usually it’s will be Friday

1 Like

Can we please change the kickoff camera as I find it weird that it just cuts to your chosen camera setting. I would prefer if it was already at the chosen camera setting or it transitioned to it.

1 Like

Is there any chance of getting Japan league one?

3 Likes

I’ve yet to dive in the the early access as I’m eagerly awaiting for the PS4 release. That said, I’d love to see the game feel and function as closely to EA’s College Football 25 game as possible. The game has reignited college football fandom and a great game can do the same for rugby. College football and rugby are very similar in terms of classic rivalry games, lopsided matchups, rivalry trophies, ranked competitions, and number of leagues (conferences), etc etc. Considering the immense quantity of national teams and clubs alike, I think it would be beneficial on the ‘Play Now’ screen to include a “Even Teams” toggle to level the playing field!

Leagues/Comps that I’d love to see included (yes I’m aware some are already in there lol):

Leagues:
URC
Top14
French D2
Premiership
Super Rugby
Super Rugby Americas
Major League Rugby
Japan LeagueOne

Tournaments:
2025/27 Rugby World Cup
Six Nations
European Championship
Champions Cup
Challenge Cup
The Rugby Championship
Pacific Nations Cup

ALSO:
Custom tournaments so I can revive the American Rugby Championship

5 Likes

@MattW When is the new update on rugby 25 and plz release on console plz i don’t care if the game is not good i just want to play it

2 Likes

‘I don’t care if the games not good’ classic rugby gaming fan behaviour :joy:

5 Likes

To what end ? Make development even longer. Makes no sense to release on console now. Don’t care if the game is good says it all.

1 Like

Have a few ideas for the kit maker but can someone correct me if they are already in the game as I will play on console.

1. Rather than in rugby challenge 4 where you pick the entire kit, I would prefer to make it in parts such as shirt, shorts, collar, socks, number ball (I like this from rugby 22 because when teams tour other countries, they use there ball. There should also be a option to just use the competion ball created when designing a comp).

2. There needs to be a range of number styles.

3. When you design a team and apply the jerseys to the team, there needs to be more than just a home and an away. Two jerseys can be the minimum but as we have found in super rugby and in other comps the teams wear more than just their home and away kit. For example, they could wear a home, away, retro (as we have seen the kiwis in super rugby), anzac (for super rugby), first nations jersey (for the australian teams), rememberence day (for the internationals) and possibly a world cup jersey for some which would only apply to 4 teams. So probably 2 being the minimum outount of kits needed and 6 seems fair to be the maximum.

4. Can we get a logo maker like in cricket 24 so that our custom jerseys don’t look plain.

5. Wearing a training jersey in career mode if there is training you have to do.

6. To make the career mode feel as realistic as possible, when setting it up can there be a money mode. In this mode the miney on your contract is important because messages pop up saying if something needs replacing or there can be a shop and you have to buy things. At the start you’ll need to buy boots and other necessities but if your boots break you have an opotunity to design and buy new ones. Like in cricket 24, there is a spa and rehab place this could be added to rugby 25 but if in money mode you have to pay to go. If you don’t want to play with it on you can also just turn it off. As I said at the start these are just ideas but I think money mode would allow an insight to what players go through with their contracts.

I hope the game goes well but I think I’m speaking on behalf of everyone when I say this, I just want what ever is best for the game.

2 Likes

Logo maker like cricket 24 :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

If they were to add it in they would need to improve it.

1 Like

Hey Team,

I might have the wrong end of the stick here, but when you released the road map for September, I was hoping that I would actually get to play the new content in September, is this going to be a normal process going forward where we get the content advertised a month later?

Additionally the gameplay we currently have is a great starting point, is there any indication when depth and tactics will be added? This is crucial as currently its just a player running into AI and passing to AI.

Being able to have some control of tacticsn and some semblance of a game plan, and team identiy would make even the base quick match gameplay have endless play loop.