Early Access 4 (EA4) launch

Yay EA4 day. Notes and documentation will be up as soon as it’s ready.

16 Likes

3 Likes

People don’t want patch, people want trailer

3 Likes

When patch? The day not almost over in AU?

1 Like

I just want that have set plays and rules of rugby and full back in defence stay down to do the pendulum

2 Likes

I really hope to see a crossplay for online play, that way we can get cross matches going with streams ect, and also it could grow the player base being able to play friends online on other platforms :call_me_hand:

The EA 4 Major Patch update has been released.

1 Like

Not available on steamdeck on my side

Hoping EA4 plays a lot better than it looks, didnt look much different from the previous patch in the trailer :weary:

3 Likes

Sorry the update but the trailer has been released

still randomly crashing just after kick off :frowning:

When i can get it going:

Graphically its a big improvement
Gameplay seems to have slowed slightly
Passing seems a little better, but still some really super long passes for no reason
The scrumhalf now is the only one who passes, which is a little unrealistic when the ball is waiting for him on the other side of the pitch and everyone is just staring at the ruck
There’s still too many scrums because the ball gets stuck in the ruck when the opposition have it
Still need to add adjustable line depth, set piece moves etc…tactically it plays like primary school rugby so they really need to work on this hard for the next update, cus it really does not feel like professional rugby teams out there

2 Likes

Rucking system needs to be improved. R22 was great, based on how and when you joined rucks, player stats and user input worked very well.

3 Likes

Where is the strategy and tactics? I heard you say that much of the time was spent building the systems to support better gameplay and that future updates will improve it further, but I’m scared that your dev team isn’t speaking the same language as rugby union fans and has not been on a rugby field in the last 10 years (rugby tactics has changed a lot)

1-3-3-1
1-3-2-2
2-4-2
2-2-2-2

I don’t go one phase on a rugby field without hearing or implementing one of these…

Blocker
Swap
Stack
Screen pass
Decoy runner
Lead runner, PULL runner (for the love of God give us a pull option :sob::sob:)
Tip runner
Out the back
Front runners, back runners
Over, under
Jack, king, queen
Loop
Off 9
Off 10
Defense - fold
Defense push
Defense hold
Defense shoot/blitz
Pack go around
It goes on and on and on. Current game does not do justice to rugby from a tactical point of view. Graphically, you’re as good as it gets. Please dump the work effort on logo creators and talk to some coaches.

Thanks again for the update as always. I see the progress… it’s just not at all in the direction I think we need.

7 Likes

I’m sorry I’m about to sound harsh but this is a shame. This update isn’t a update. No new animations in offense or defense no new in game animations too , still 1 on 1 tackling, no breaking line like it was said, no support line like it was said. The ruck are worse than the beginning too much time lapse , player positioning is worst than the beginning, still no tactical rugby ( no depth no defense no pods no off 9 or off 10 ) the passes are dropping ball most of the time . This is the most disgusting uptade since the EA is on . that’s a shame to give us 1 month of waiting for adding no gameplay content and you didn’t even bring new game mechanics I’m really hoping the next patch isn’t the last one before the full release or you can already count your game as a dead one.

5 Likes

One minor request; can the name of the players be moved from the bottom left to under the player?
It makes it hard to see who you’re controlling
Would be nice to know if it’s better to got a sidestep, bump or kick etc

2 Likes

So having played 4 or 5 games, my thoughts.

Off loads no longer work. If I’m foolish enough to try to pass near contact the ball hits the ground every single time.

Still no attacking formations.

Players still line up too shallow.

Running lines are still non existant

There’s no point in trying to keep things tight as you can’t make any yards close to the ruck momentum weight and player ability seemingly has no out come on contact so my rampaging 19 stone prop is put down at ease by a diminutive scrum half

Ai plays better trying to exploit gaps and passing more sensibly.

Rucks are totally pointless. Gotta love having two players over the ball with no opposing players joining the ruck but I’m unable to steal the ball. Also only the ai can drive my players off the ball at ruck time. Completing a successful counter ruck results in my player being driven back.

Passing seems to have slowed a little, which I don’t mind, however as a result passing to first receiver results in being tackled instantly. If you’re going to slow down passing speed then movement speed has to follow suit

There remains a lack of depth across every facet of the game, not enough animations, or outcomes to rucks scrum maul open play lineouts

Lighting looks better

Having licensed premiership is cool.

No crashes

Overall game remains a total disappointment, I hope you have a few surprises in store, or aren’t hoping to release the game fully for another year because it’s absolutely abhorrent at the moment

No pods, no support runners

13 Likes

Some one just needs to say it you boys are not listening to the community i watched this forum from last year this big ant guy that gives feed back stop your sarcastic comments the game looks kak the gameplay is kak it looks like a phone game every one on here is too nice these guys need a wake up call and quick i honestly dohnt know how you still have a job bad upatch after patch i am tired you cant get it right rugby challenge is way better and that was get your act together

9 Likes

Hello Big Aunty ,

the bigger the patch, the deeper the hole.

So sure some players look good during cutscenes, and yeah now we can create logos for teams with created players but hey, i would just like to play and enjoy it.
Haven’t had crashes, but a lot of colliding bugs in rucks and mauls. Mauls are pointless and bring nothing to the game, just scares me everytime that the game might crash again. Rucks as mini scrums still don’t make any sense, have still not been explained (tutorials instead of editors ?), and still feel awful. Passing after the ruck is still a mess, waiting for number 9 a pain. After a ruck close to the touch line, if i pass to the winger close to the line, my scrum half will decide on his own to pass it to the fly half position open side ! And passing in play is still unpredictable. Even if I actually pass to the guy I wanted to , he changes his running route on reception, which i still don’t control. So passing is pretty hazardous, support players almost never there.
Oh yeah, and still no rules lol

Overall there is no fun in it. No fun in the gameplay, none in the mechanics, none in the controls. Nice graphics.

Now that the game doesn’t crash anymore and has a lot less game-breaker bugs, this is the most frustrating patch you could provide. We finally see the game you are aiming for and its clearly deceiving. Too bad you don’t address all the comments about the ruck mechanics and rather use the community as debuggers for the alpha release you made us pay for.

Can’t believe this is supposed to be playable online by the end of the month.

10 Likes

Is anyone having issues of the sample players in the “Play Now” section when selecting teams - the players are all super shadowed, and then in the game some players are looking highly fluorescent

Yeah, with this patch update not much looks improved. They got rid of those lazor passes but now the passes is slightly to slow. They say player support has improved but it has not. They are still standing to deep. The problem is when you run with the ball the supporting players casually walks forward to follow you which makes them deep. Then once you break a line then they only start to run for support which is too late causing the supporting players to be too deep. Supporting players should follow the pace you are running with they sould not only run once you have pssed the ball. I feel the tackle animations has improved when they adressed it way back but it feels as if there is not much momentum in open play because:

1. No supporting runners

2. Poor player positioning. Players does not follow the player running with the ball and match his running pace (this is basic rugby, the first thing they teach the backline in pre school is basic running and passing, this game does not have it)

3. No good tackle animations which creates momentum (yes they have improved it a while back with new animations , but if you watch a real rugby game a lot of the times when one team is dominating they gain ground and momentum from the tackles) in this game there is only one tackle animation which allows you to gain ground from tackles

4. No momentum at rucks. In real rugby some times at rucks you can create very little ground by cleaning the players which moves the ruck forwards slightly which gives you momentum, in this game the momentum is stopped by players only “seals the ball” and form a mini scrum over the ball.

2 Likes