Early Access 4 (EA4) launch

@JNT_BA any idea when we might see the next patch?

As soon as its ready. One thing I’ve been monitoring are more updates to the support. While we did introduce it in this EA there is still more work we want to do on these to make it a more fluid experience and not lose them in linebreaks so easily.

7 Likes

Looking forward to it.

On the support runners issue, it seems to me that the issue is caused by all players bar the player receiving the ball being static this leads to the player receiving the pass being miles ahead of teammates when breaking the line.

Need more depth in the attacking line with all players moving when the ball is passed from the ruck. Attacking formations and players running varied lines would feed into this

2 Likes

Agree, also when the controlled player uses speed burst the AI support runners do not match that speed which only makes them even further behind.

I do also like a very flat attacking line option as well, so hopefully strategy and tactics are in there to support those tactical choices.

Be great to see what is done around this :slightly_smiling_face:

Separate note. I created England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and French teams thinking I could make a 5 nations custom league. But every time I went to the Play Now option and selected whether I would be the home or away side the game would crash before going to team selection.

When I deleted these teams it resolved the issue. I still had one created team that was ok, this was not a nation already featuring in the game (Which maybe was a conflict)

Thank you.

1 Like

Had a bit of time this Sunday morning to let my 8 year old have a go. He hasn’t touched the game since EA2. He loved EA1 and was put off by EA2. Anyway for us having Premiership licenses is key so this is still very cool even though it’s not fully up to date / complete. Know it’s coming though so no complaints.

Anyway as a little one who plays a bit of rugby stepping up to U9’s and first taste of contact this season he was loving the game. Really enjoying the improvements to the computer ai and generally enjoying the game more than ever. Like all good games the chance for impossible / unlikely matchups is welcome as he took the mighty France :fr: to win at Exeter Stadium against the Exeter Chiefs.

We are Exeter fans and have been to Sandy park enough times for him to recognise the stadium and seeing logos / kits and the improvements in the gameplay were welcome. He is currently a big EAFC fan and it was really great to see him buzzing and enjoying the game. He noticed the improvements over time. Looking forward to the next update eagerly.

My laptop is so underpowered but still runs with the graphics dialled down and crowd turned off. Showed him one of Mad Dragons YouTube videos so he can see what the game should look like. He’s genuinely excited for the PS5 release.

Passing and player movement:

Player movement and passing still just looks incredibly unnatural and clunky. With all the great kits and player scans, movement and ball physics are so important to ensuring the game is a realistic immersive product all round. RLL4 the passing and movement looked far more fluid, albeit not perfect. The ability to delay passes was great in RLL4. Is it not possible to use those systems in this game (but hopefully slightly improved)? Cheers team

1 Like

Rucking needs to take into account the following-

1. user skill and timing
  2. player stats entering ruck
  3. circumstances around ruck, for example close to supporting players, over the advantage line
  4. realistic ruck speed and able to slow ball down but at risk of penalty.

R22 had this perfected, you have the built. Just tweak it slightly please.

2 Likes

Rugby 22 is not a big ant game and for me the game with the best rucking system is rugby challenge 2006. Not jonah lomu rugby challenge.

Nacon who made R22 acquired big ant studios just an fyi. So part of tbe same group. I guess everyone has there own preference. Think we agree thou that the current rucking system isn’t great. I welcome any change at this stage

1 Like

They’ve said multiple times that Nacon are not involved in the development of the game.

Nacon is a publisher. Big Ant will not have access to the 22 build. But yes we can agree that we prefer another rucking system.

1 Like

Screenshot_20241014_121415_Google

Means nothing. Nacon are the publisher Not the developer

2 Likes

Eko software was the developer for Rugby 2022
Bigant is the Developers of Rugby 2025 and Publisher is Nacon

But if i watched the past rugby games.
Where did HB studios developers have gone.
But we have to be patient with this if we want a complete rugby game i trust Matt and his Co are really into making a complete rugby game since 08

1 Like

If I am correct HB is now making games under the 2K banner. Either way Big Ant have created some really nice sport games. I had a ton of fun with the Cricket be a pro mode and I am not even a cricket fan. Rugby 25 is also starting to show some promise in areas so I believe the end product will be a gem.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve come to give you my opinion and suggestions.
thank you for listening to the community :wink:

-Here are the additions I think are the most urgent to implement-

-To have the possibility of placing its players one to be able to make a drop!
-I’d also like to see the penalty box with the yellow and red cards!

• Be able to position your defence (wide, tight, deep …)!
    Review the system of the 50 22 - the game doesn’t always detect it.
    Review the footwork system, which is still not good - the ball goes too far when kicked.
  • Change the speed of the front row players - they go as fast as the wingers - not realistic!

Concerning the additions that are important to me for the future I hope in career mode to have a system of up and down between top 14 and prod 2.
le premier de prod 2 monte en top 14
le dernier de top 14 descend
the second from prod 2 and the penultimate from top 14 play a play-off match

Thank you for reading this and we look forward to the next Maj.

1 Like

Hi team, long time player - first time poster. One MAJOR issue I can see with the gameplay is the underlying engine - the players are out of position the whole time. For example, when passing from the ruck (it should be the #9 passing the ball), there should be an option to pass to a pod of forwards OR the #10 straight away, who in turn would pass to #12 and #13… so on. Other examples are when kicking to the backfield, it should be the opposition #15 catching the ball, or #11 / #14 if kicking to the left / right wings. There was also good optionality in Rugby 08 to have the #10 stand deeper (in the ‘pocket’) when you wanted them to kick for touch.

Another matter to consider is the realism of penalties. It should be easier to catch opposition players offside, especially around the ruck if you are getting quick recycled ball and are on the front foot. Also, the opposition should be intelligent enough to commit professional fouls near the goal line if under pressure (i.e., not releasing, not on feet at ruck etc).

2 Likes

Think having an option between passing to the pod or 10 would be a brilliant addition. Especially if the rucks improve, would go a very long way in improving gameplay tactics

1 Like