Tiebreak EA - Megathread

I would like to see the addition of attribute sliders, so that we can choose a custom difficulty similar to what is done in Cricket 24. This would narrow the gap between the current difficulties.

Please fix backand slice animation .With slice you realy cut into the bal.Current animation is not good.Also i wonder how one handed backand looks like

Suggestions for improvement by Vikisak.

Dear developers,

as former tennis player, trainer and a big fan of tennis games I would like to give you a larger feedback on Early Access 2 after 12 hours of playing on Expert level. I hope that’s going to help you set up your game for the best tennis experience.

Playing is much better than at the beginning and you are going in the right direction, however I have a few things that would be nice to improve to make the game more realistic and matches more captivating:

1. The sensitivity of risky shots (power of shots and risky angles) should be much higher. In the current state almost every power and accurate shot hits impossible angles or touches lines and it’s too easy to do it.
  2. Defensive shots (lunge/reflex shots) shouldn’t be 100% save. There must be possibility to make an error when you are under pressure and play these types of shot.
  3. AI defends like a superman. It’s quite boring that AI are often under pressure but it’s able to play almost everything. Therefore there are sometimes too long and repetitive rallies.
  4. Serve should be much more difficult and risky to play. As it is, the 1st serve success rate (mine and AI either) in every match is around 95% and above, which is too unrealistic considering that in real tennis it is around 60-70% and sometimes it drops even to 50%.
  5. AI returns serve too easily and perfectly with almost 100% succes rate. Also there is no chance to hit ace. Actually I couldn’t do that even once.
  6. I would appreciate to see some stamina system and hawk eye added, but I believe you plan add these features in the upcoming updates.
  7. The physics of drop shot is strange. If you pllay it successfully, the ball’s bounce is too low. It would be great if there was a better chance to run the ball. In the current state, the drop shot seems to me little bit overpowered.
  8. The AI uses the underarm serve too often, which also doesn’t match real tennis, where it’s basically not played at all.
  9. Volleys are much better, but are still kind of clunky. In several situations I made an unforced errors where I can’t completely understand why that happened (usually very easy high played volleys).
  10. In general there are still too many errors at the net or during playing low balls near by net.
  11. Players shouldn’t slide so much on hard surfaces.
  12. AI couldn’t deal with drop shots at all. Even on Expert level. I tested it and result of my small research is that from 10 drop shots AI returned barely one. That totally breaks the game.
2 Likes

When is the next Patch update please ???

2 Likes

I was just wondering, how many players will Tiebreak have? Will the top 20 be added for both ATP and WTA?

They already have a fair amount, but i think they will add around 15 - 30 more players, or more.

hi why game dont support keyboard? we cant enjoy with controller

sry my english is not good i use translate

and can you:

pls fix server animations - player bend over backwards alot

some players serve animations is slow

add aim marker

add challenge

add cross platform online games - its very important

and pls add this trick shot
(i cant send link pls search in google - federer trick back shot between legs )

add andy roddick or his service animation - if you can

The ball blends in with the court and is not visible since the update - could this be fixed?

Ball is dull
AO tennis 2 lighting and ball lighting and color is better

2 Likes

AI Is really bad at the net, every shot they hit near the net goes out or hits there side of the net, AI also really bad at responding to drop shots

1 Like

For some reason, the player always tries to slide to hit a ball after running into position. Like, I was playing with Casper Ruud, and every time Medvedev hits a half decent shot Ruud just slides and slices despite me hitting the topspin/flat button.

1 Like

In real tennis, players can slide only in sand field
But in game players slide in every map

1 Like

Dear Development Team,

Please welcome some suggestions.

Speed up the gameplay a bit. The gameplay is a bit lumpish. Improve the animations, running forehand, running backhand and volleys. Players shouldn’t slide so much on hard surfaces. The AI uses the underarm serve too often. The AI is really bad at the net. Every shot they hit near the net goes out or hits there side of the net. Add more animations.

Improve the AI strategy.

Add more ATP 250 and ATP 500 courts.

Add more outfits for each players.

Add camera man, ball girls, ball boys and line judge.

Add more Cutscenes.

Improve the shot sounds.

One more observation! I feel the ball is too “heavy” and slow. It doesn’t feel dynamic. Perhaps this could be improved a little. I also have a problem with the fact that when I have to hit from the run, even if I press the hit button, it very often just slides for the ball and pushes it back. Not very realistic. Also, the sliding amimation is unrealistic. Please fix it! Thank you!

With the sound, simply listen to the sound of the strokes in a tennis match, and then listen to the sound of the strokes in the game. The real shot sounds should be imported into the game.

How i can aim the serve to hit in the right or left the serve box ? Because i can only hit the serve in the middle of the serve box !!!

Before you hold the button to serve you have to hold the joystick to the left or right and hold it there until you have served, hope this helps.

3 Likes

Ok thanks…i will try it

1 Like

Let me knows if that works, if not i will try explain clearer. :+1:

1 Like

Yes…it works…thanks…

1 Like

I have also found two mistakes.

1. When I choose outfit, this choice isn’t reflected in the match.
  2. Aces are count by 2. For example When I would hit 3 aces, then game counts it as 6 aces.
1 Like