Launch (EA1) Patch 3 Notes

Hi I’d be happy with a consistent playable game at this point :), but the early access looks really promising fingers crossed

just a quick one. maybe changing the whistle so it sounds more like rugby union than league

5 Likes

Do we know what date this week we will be getting the big update?

2 Likes

Well when I look at the roadmap what is planned for this month as major does not really get me excited at all. I really hope a major update is major. Adding new stadiums and players faces is pretty meh at this stage. Fingers crossed it will be a major improvement.

5 Likes

Im really hoping it isnt just what you mentioned that is added. They need the player roles to be assigned and stats implemented at least so theres some impact on gameplay

1 Like

Non of visuals matters if the gameplay is not improved. That is superficial and easily added.

3 Likes

That is true and also why I am concerned by what is listed in the major update for this month ( On the roadmap ). It’s mostly focused on visuals and let’s be fair even the current photogrammetry looks bad. The disconnect is evident.

Didn’t know this feedback thread had been turned into a moan fest?

We are giving our issues with the current state. Your comment is not constructive. Please keep to the thread topic.

2 Likes

No, you are just making assumptions based on nothing. This thread is for feedback on the patch, if you wanted to stay on topic.

He’s literally basing them on the roadmap :joy:

3 Likes

Did you even read what I said ?. I said based on the roadmap.

Patch 3 notes (Active feedback here)

Not sure if this has occurred since the most recent patch, or if it was always present, but in the Madrid stadium when a lineout is taking place the camera gets cut off by the terraces roofing.

I didn’t take note of prior to see if this was present before.

2 Likes

Okay. The roadmap mentions gameplay improvements, but the updates so far, including those in Patch 3, haven’t been impressive. I hope the upcoming major update truly brings significant changes and isn’t overly focused on graphics, as suggested by the roadmap.

2 Likes

Hi team,

Some feedback on the side step, I did think I saw a variation of step in this patch but the main (Believe it is from a previous rugby league game) snaking two foot step animation/movement in this game doesn’t feel realistic to me in most cases.

While doing a nice two foot step is fun, it most of the time isn’t practical or what you would want to do. If you are running straight at a single defender 1 v 1 then yes you may want to try to misdirect and wrong foot them.

In most cases though you are not simply 1 v 1 and are in traffic, in these cases generally you are only looking to step to try get either inside or outside your nearest defender. You may also want to step back to straighten the attack line or take contact to commit defenders setting up for the next attack phase.

You may also use a step near the corner flag or touchline to offset the incoming tackle and stay in touch as cover comes across, whatever the reason generally a single step inside or outside off either foot is what you need, not a snaking two foot step that over commits time and direction.

I do not mind having older animations from other games in R25 if they fit well and some do. The side step in this game seems to be one area that could really do with some refreshing though.

Thanks for your time :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Really hope that this update includes major gameplay improvements to passing, support lines, player positioning, rucking, and glitch fixes. Along with implementing key parts of rugby union that are missing like nauls, substitutions, and penalties. Extra content is pretty meaningless if the base game is severely lacking

The upcoming major update should give us a better indication on how long we can expect the EA period to last before it’s ready to release, and how good the game will be on release

2 Likes

Try holding down the pass button and pressing the buttons on the controller to pass, takes a little getting used to but feels way more direct
Even if the UI doesn’t come up for the button passing it still works

I’ve been doing this since release. Issues with passing are how often a simple 3 yard pass is floated up in the air for no reason, and the bullet passes that fly backwards 40 meters.

3 Likes

@JNT_BA @RossSymons is it possible that we can get a sneak peak of the major patch we hopefully getting today or tomorrow

Hi @JNT_BA when we list issues or feedback in this forum, do you then need to log a ticket yourself?

Is it easier and faster for us to log the ticket? Or doesn’t matter either way?

Thanks