Wish list for rugby 24

Two elements that would greatly enhance the game experience are:
-A marker showing where the ball will land.
-A radar to help visualize what is happening off screen.

4 Likes

This is a must imo.

Will add so much immersion

1 Like

Would love the ability when creating leagues, to add cups or shields within those leagues.

These are common in many tournaments. The Calcutta Cup in the 6 nations, the Freedom Cup within the Rugby Championship and the Ranfurly shield with the New Zealand NPC to name a few.

I know this is a cherry on the top type request, but this is the wishlist after all ha ha.

3 Likes

Hi guys

I really like what you did with the Big Ant Rugby ball.
May I suggest you maybe look into adding to this feature? Perhaps create balls with team or competition logos on it?

There was a rugby game a while ago and I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was, but they did it quite well with the whole ball custom made for each team, I remember it was in the main menu when selecting your teams to play with, not in the match itself, but I think this could be cool feature?

Or even make it possible to create or customize balls in the community, there are some skilled guys who would have a field day with this.

Thank you

2 Likes

Can we get different score board types. Australia has a different one to nz which has a different one to england ect.

Wanting to share some feedback on the latest MLR and current competition format, but did not think other forum was correct place. Basically, I would like to see improvements to make it more immersive and gripping.

As it stands, you do not choose a team, you are just able to play as many games for whoever. This is fine for now as the priority is gameplay and it is good to try different teams, stadiums, etc., and you can somewhat choose your team, but there is no allegiance or immersion.

For future updates or full release, I would like it so that you choose a team and then you see a dedicated dashboard in the menu for that team which gives you ability to choose tactics, perhaps training, immersive features like news articles, stadium attendance metrics, team management, set piece adjustment, academy development, player confidence, and so on. I would like transfers but this may be a stretch due to licensing.

Also would be great to have European / domestic cups integrated - fully licensed versions would be the ideal, but if not a Big Ant created version would be better than none. Additionally, rolling seasons - meaning you advance to the season next year and so on in perpetuity. I believe Rugby 22 was capped at 1 season for competition mode which was frustrating and limited gameplay longevity.

Cricket 22 did this very well in their Be a Pro mode, as do the Fifa iterations for club tournaments.

2 Likes

Given be a pro is in rll4, its surprising that it doesnt appear to be a thing for r25 or at least hasnt been announced so far. Youd think if it was going to be in the game it would have been mentioned. Its a shame if its not going to be as i mainly play those types of mode in all sports games

1 Like

Introduction of 2 types of tackles 1 Dive tackle 2 Wrap - ball and all tackle like Jonah Lomu ps1. Dive tackles should automatically lock on to attacking player and dive in their direction like Jonah Lomu ps1. Everything should have a counter measure so that game is dependent on decisions or tactics chosen rather than outcome being random or purely based on player rating. Eg Dive tackles can be countered by a bump off or fend timed perfectly that has a higher success rate with players who are strong and mobile (higher power/strength stats). In the same sense those using the bump off or fend can be wrapped if timed properly by opposing player to counter their stronger ball carriers/runners. Dive tackles timed properly give u the ability to hit player back behind the advantage line or even jolt ball loose. It presents rock paper scissors scenario where it is all about decision making not just the person who picks the best team i.e all blacks or South Africa.

2 Likes