Academy Creations

This is getting bizarre.
I reset the Academy on the PS5 and then tried to redownload teams I’ve made and shared like Central Augusta (TA33NQ) only to find that they team name etc was CENSORED…

Hmmm I’ll look into this when in back in on Monday. That is very weird.

Looks like you’ve just gotta ask mummy and daddy for permission @Chuckinho, then you’ll be sweet :wink:

1 Like

I am mummy or daddy.
I’ve played with all the privacy and family settings but it doesn’t help.
This only comes up when I go to Quick Code, not the conventional download though.

1 Like

Also, it seems to be affecting some teams that I’ve shared and not others…

1 Like

Academy is just about the greatest feature on this game, we so need this working properly to it’s potential!

Also, all of Chuckinho’s content is fantastic - so how come he can’t upload it all to the community so we can enjoy it?

I’m generally confused. I have AFL 23 on PC (where I make teams) and PS5 where I often play with my kids on the big TV in the lounge.
Teams that I have posted seem not to come across to PS5 cleanly very often. Sometimes the logos don’t transfer or the kit logos don’t stick or the team name and player name is censored or in some cases the players just don’t come across. Sometimes the stadiums sponsors don’t come across either.
I don’t get it and it frustrates me and it is the main reason that I haven’t made more stuff recently, other than the fact that I’ve reached the 1000 max players and can’t fiddle with stadiums as I’d like.

Good question, the ticket is gathering cobwebs on the teams that I can’t share at all (who use all recycled players as I’ve reached the 1000 limit)and there seems to be issues with the teams that I can share.

Maybe I should post some of my quick codes on here and ask if anyone would be prepared to try and download them to see if they work for you?
All my stuff can be searched for under username “Chuckinho” in the Community.

1 Like

I can download any particular creations you’d like cross-referenced?
I currently only have this game on PC though, so I won’t be able to confirm if the gremlin you’re experiencing is specific to PlayStation

I’ll post a masterlist this arvo.

1 Like

Here are the teams that I’ve been able to share so far.
If anyone can download them and tell me if the following things work.
TEAMNAME
TEAMLOGO
GUERNSEYLOGOS
PLAYERNAMES
STADIUMADBOARDS.
Any help is appreciated on PC/PS4/PS5 and Xbox

SPENCER GULF FL
West Augusta TYJA5Q
Central Augusta TA33NQ
South Augusta TLLAGX
Port TXER5I
Pirie Lions TTNCFW
Solomontown TJMGCJ
NORTHERN AREAS FL
Broughton Mundoora T4XHS9
BMW TAHZLS
Crystal Brook TGLMME
Jamestown/Peterborough T9HMA9
Orroroo TJPCHA
Southern Flinders T6CVRL
WHYALLA FL
Central Whyalla TSH5NE
North Whyalla TESR5I
Roopena TMGTKT
South Whyalla TH7ZLC
Weeroona Bay TPFXWI
West Whyalla T75MQV
YORKE PENINSULA FL
Ardrossan T3TS3C
Bute T6IRM4
CMS T4ESK7
Central Yorke TJTF9Q
Kadina TK3XJR
Moonta TYYEZH
Paskeville TT47RL
Southern Eagles TGRGT6
Wallaroo TSEHTQ
TASMANIAN STATE FL
Clarence TXCPAZ
Lauderdale TR4QE3
Launceston TJ77PS
Kingborough T7IXTE
North Hobart TV695Q
North Launceston TIWPHW
Glenorchy TYL55N

I tested a few, and yeah, there’s issues with them saying ‘Censored’ for the ones I tried.

I’m on PS5, and I also get an error when just loading up the ‘Enter Quick Code’ page… which I see is tied to the PS5 communication restriction settings…
So I wonder if there was something that’s PS5 specific that has changed and is blocking these.

‘Enter Quick Code’ → PS5 system message saying ‘You’re restricted from using communication features. If your parent or guardian set this restriction, you can send them a request to let you use communication features just for this game.’

Saying that, I have no restrictions on this console. Even followed guides about other games hitting this message and how to overcome it, and triggered the Master Switch to ‘Temporarily Disable PS5 Console Restrictions’…but I still hit this error message.

Still, I can progress, and try the Quick Code… but yeah, each team has a name <>-Censored, Club Logo is BigAnt, Home Stadium is SCG (for Port, Pirie Lions, South Augusta), Player Names are all <>.<>-Censored (first initial, last initial in <>).
Guernsey Logos look ok though. They download and are displayed, although the guernsey name is always ‘Censored’.
Don’t know how Stadium Boards are supposed to be assigned to the club… other than that I see logosshowing the same issues in the Logo Manager (i.e for Berri Hotel, Mitolo Family Farms, Lowana Fruits etc) they exist, but are called B-Censored, M-Censored, L-Censored etc.).

I also tried downloading by finding a team through searching your username, but they still show as <>-Censored.

Some Previews don’t seem to work either… so it’s only when I download the club, that I can see the logos on the guernseys.

So some issues with it all.

1 Like

Testing on PC, I don’t have the ‘Censored’ issue for any player/team/logo… so that definitely feels PS5-based.

For PC, I had issues when using the Quick Code to download some of the associated content. The Stadium wasn’t downloaded or connected to the club, The logos weren’t downloaded, so all the guernseys were bland.
The players were downloaded and added to the team however.
I found that if the logos or stadium did already exist on my PC (from a previous download), (but not the club) then doing a Quick Code for the Club would connect them all.

Also, I went to do the ‘Reset Academy’ on Players, Clubs, Logos and Stadium… and even though they were cleared out, the next normal or quick download (through searching username) of the same team (your BMW team) showed multiple dialogs saying the player or logo already existed, do I want to overwrite? after choosing Yes, the player was downloaded but not added to the club, nor logo added to the guernsey.
I needed to then delete just the club, and use the Quick Code to relink everything.

Lastly, that overwrite dialog… When I chose ‘Yes’ but with the ‘Go! And do Same for all future conflicts’, it doesn’t matter, because it asked me for every single player and logo.

1 Like

So it’s not just me then. That is reassuring and frustrating all at the same time.

Thanks for having a test. I’ve been having the same issues on PC as well and it is a real shame that this sort of thing has slipped through. I set out about a year ago to make some content with a view of sharing if and it now seems that I can’t really do it with any certainty.

@JNT_BA
Any word from your end on this censored business?

Nothing to say exactly what is causing it yet. Still spending time looking into it. Added the findings of SaintSkeeta to it as well.

1 Like

Thanks @JNT_BA .
These were the things I tried.

(Except note that I don’t have a family management account).

Cheers.

2 Likes