Academy Creations

Quick Kenilworth FC knock up of home, away & clash tops/shorts on ps4. Very hard to be detailed with shorts and logos etc unfortunately.

Fun to play as the club I used to play for though :grin:

2 Likes

So with each premiership my custom team wins I’ll update the guernseys with each premiership year on the sides of the jumpers either as years or as tallies. Should I do this ? Any ideas and inspirations are welcome.

1 Like

The process is long but driven by what info I can find.
Finding player names and numbers is easy. Often better players get ratings on PayHQ but it can be guesswork. If available I get info on player positions or make some educated guesses.
Finding guernsey information is easier nowadays in the days of Facebook and Youtube. I collect assets in folders for each team until I have the graphics I want to make including logos, sponsors and guernsey parts not captured in the templates.
Then I make the logos and guernseys in Illustrator and attempt to get them into the game, then I simplify them again if needed.
I then try to find info on playuer likenesses, essentially hair colour, facial hear hairstyle and build.
Then comes the bit which frustrates me. I have to create each player individually. I need to change the provided 3 men’s templates into something more likely which on average is either white guys or indigenous guys with a very limited range fo hairstyles and a lack of tattoos. Height is often guess based on position.
Then having got some idea who scores the goals and who is the cpatain and who makes the rep teams like for the Country Football Championships I make some ratings. I don’t make them too high as I want them to be lower than AFL and SANFL to be more realistic. I tend to give teams with more recent finals success slightly higher ratings.
That bit takes a while and them I have to attribute the players to the custom team. I then put players in positions as best as I can and select the ruck and captain.
Then I test everything in game and see how it looks and plays.
That’s about it. My frustration at the moment, is that I can’t make anymore custom teams as I’ve reached my 32 team cap. I continue making guernseys but can’t share them.
I hope that helps.

1 Like

I haven’t actually told anyone on the YP about my mod, not sure whether I should just tell the league as some might be interested. Saying that I’m not advocating that everyone go out to Kadina and part with all their pineapples all at the same time #ypfootyrush.
I do still need to fix the Kadina logo and wouldn’t mind making another oval or two as I only made Moonta and Kadina. Maybe Bute as they hosted Grand final Day last year.

They probably wouldn’t mind. After all they are apart of the SANFL. My dad and his brothers played for the Port Magpies Juniors and they moved to the YP to start families and they played for the Kadina Bloods but they then finished at Wallaroo Bulldogs (formerly the Wallaroo Seagulls) with a YP Premiership. My Dad and an uncle later coached the Wallaroo junior colts. Funny enough my dad and uncles played alongside my mum’s brother. So the YPFL is very important to my family same with Port (SANFL/AFL)

Though I live in Sydney, I have made an effort over the journey to see Australia. We’ve been all over South Australia over many years and we were due to head into the Riverland again tou our favourite space at Barmera by the lake, but unfortunately it was still flooding so we spent a couple of days at the Cornwall Pub in Moonta and got stuck in big time. Great part of the world and if I could get a pasty like that over this way, I’d have one a day.

I’ve also spent a bunch of time in West Augusta FC. When lockdowns were a thing, we did a massive merch order and I don the purple when the mood suits. The promise of a cold schooner and schnitzel is enough to lead us across through Broken Hill at least once a year.

1 Like

Though you might think it guess work, I often get a footy “souvenir” when roadtripping of a pair of local football shorts. For this reason the logos and dimensions ofn the YPFL, SGL, WFL, and all the EP leagues are based on the real deal. :wink:

1 Like

Next up is Tanunda from the BLGFA
Whilst on the subject, the Tanunda Bakery is the best, so many German delicacies are rarely seen in one place :wink:

1 Like

Barossa District FC home

1 Like

I’ve cleaned up the Kadina logo and reshared it to the community.
If you need the new logo you may have to update your version.

1 Like

Fixed Ardrossan Logo (YPFL)

2 Likes

Wow now I have more of an understanding of how you do it it’s even more impressive, the amount of depth and detail you go into to is crazy good.

I can now see why a certain person bombarding you with logos to upload a little while ago was so frustrating. I’d be over it too.

2 Likes

The interesting thing is I can post logos on the creation hub but even after removing the full defenders and full forwards it still won’t let me upload to the creation hub.

@Chuckinho are you looking to do the Adelaide football league teams and guernseys as well

Just wondering if anyone has the time to create this logo for me and upload it. I am on PS4 and so can’t create. It would be very much hugelyyyy appreciated and help me out very much. Thankyou.
If you need more examples just search up “Vic Park Raiders”

vic-park-football-raiders

1 Like

Not at this stage. I never say never but I intend on doing a bunch more SA country stuff.

It has been an ongoing process since about March, but yes, I figured I’d try and make something properly.

I’m off roadtripping to Melbourne on holiday for the next week or so so I may not be on here so much.

1 Like

Here’s something I made that had to be made.

1 Like

South Gawler Logo

1 Like