AFL 23 - Megathread

Has the crashing been fixed yet?

All stadiums online… hmmm. I won’t say “all” cause custom is different. But all of the stadiums we supply… :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

Will you supply all stadiums / teams (VFL/WAFL/SANFL - Womens) to Online in next patch?

Only 9 of the 38 stadiums in the game are playable in online currently.

1 Like

does anyone here find that on the ps4 afl 23 is laggy its kinda not playble and fustrating i think its the patch that made it laggy.

I’d launch into a long post about desired stadium modding options and stuff, but people would accuse me on being frivolous.

#StadiumSliders

1 Like

listed in here already

1 Like

Hey @JNT_BA some more features I reckon could work in this game and or should be in:

• if possible have some decisions (ie. holding the ball) randomly decided upon based on timing, to give it more realism of human error rather being 100% the right call. (Basically as you see it in the AFL, but without the Carlton v freo BS)

• would also love to see some more post match statistics in the game.

• full timeline of scores listing who scored and when.
    • heat maps showing where the balls been, goal kicking accuracy, etc…
  • end of game video reviews (nba2k career mode style Would look sick).

• more content toward injuries (ie. player goes down with a serious injury, came stops, cuts to a scene of getting the player off the field, before continuing play) maybe not for online, but offline would be awesome, more interaction with injury management too.

3 Likes

Ah yes. I recall that stuff. A wee while ago now :wink:

1 Like

that would be good stuff to be added

THIS would be awesome if some of these things can get added :slight_smile:

See this part is tricky. Not impossible to implement, but for people to understand.

To this day we still get people asking why the umpire gave the wrong call in the Cricket titles, which have the full appeal system to evaluate this if they think it was the wrong call, which can be on purpose. We can explain it as much as we want but people will still report “bugs” or make complaints about these types of things because it “ruined my match”.

Now I certainly get where this is coming from, adds a little bit of suspension which I like as well. So it has to be weighed from both sides. Do intentional mistakes like this have that much of an impact on “everyone” or just a subset of players? Will this cause more annoyance to the casual player base who may not understand what happened? Not everyone is as in tune with patch notes as you guys, and not everyone reads all the documentation. This is something we have to continually evaluate on many of the systems we put in our titles.

1 Like

Yea that’s understandable.

How about the added statistics, injury implementations etc? I think they could be great for the game.

Yeah, some good ideas in there as well.

I have already sent it to the AFL team to re-evaluate what can be done with future updates!

1 Like

Is the censored issue gonna get fixed in the next patch

Any idea when the next update is coming and what are some things that will be included?

Injuries and more depth in management mode are a must. That’s what everyone wants to see. Just hope it’s done in this patch on Tuesday

1 Like

I think the marking is to easy

I think the difficulty of the game needs to be a lot harder cause on its hardest difficulty it offers no challenge so hope that can be changed

23rd April was my understanding :wink:

1 Like

Fingers crossed that this patch is a BIG one and loads of things added :slight_smile: