AFL 23 - Megathread

@Chuckinho reasonable workplace conditions are overrated :joy:

I dunno. Itā€™s pretty spesh thereā€¦

No clue if Iā€™ll get an answer here but this is probably the most likely place:

Very unrelated to most of the discussion here but was curious if Xbox was possibly getting a discount/sale soon? Trying to get a mate to buy the game since he is keen on Pro Team but a bit hesitant to pay the $99.95 on the Microsoft Store.

I believe PS and Steam have had discounts in the past or maybe even currently?

I completely understand that itā€™s probably impossible to give this sort of info @JNT_BA but thought Iā€™d test my luck :slightly_smiling_face:

So there is some further tuning to some sliders. Some updates to switching in certain circumstances as well as some tracking updates for stats in some weird play scenarios, some tuning for Achievements now that sliders were changed. Updates to how some players will interact with contests will need lots of testing, as well as some tuning for stamina. Various rule tweaks. Some UI changes to make things more consistent across some modes.

Again these will need testing and will ā€œNOTā€ be going out with Pro Team.

8 Likes

Gang tackling isnā€™t in there?

@JNT_BA Please tell me ā€œswitchingā€ means my midfielders wont be at Full Back while my KDEF is on the flank!

I imagine ā€œswitchingā€ to be around player switching (L1) in gameplay.

No more with actual player switching, as in when you change your active player. When it comes to auto interchange it doesnā€™t always take the actual position as the best change. Sometimes overall stats can overrule position data if there is a large change and the game thinks it will be most beneficial based on a few factors. Itā€™s something Iā€™ve had a chat with the AI team about that may be able to be updated there.

1 Like

@JNT_BA While itā€™s not quite the same, but for ā€˜UI changesā€™, do you think thereā€™s any possibility of having the Tactics and Quick Interchange menus stay up during cutscenes?

I imagine, given every HUD element disappears in ball ups, set shots, etc, that itā€™d be quite a large changeā€¦ but it would totally make these features more usable in the game.
Not sure if this is something already being considered, or more a ā€˜maybe in the futureā€™ kind of thing.

@JNT_BA I knew itā€™d be that, I was testing my luck :joy:

1 Like

Flags?

1 Like

Now THAT is one very young Bernard Vince in that photo!

Pretty cool. My dad and uncles won a flag with the Kadina Bloods and the Wallaroo Bulldogs (the ex Wallaroo Seagulls). At the time my dad and his brothers were playing in the 1990s they were the only Port Adelaide lads in the YPFL

Okay so we are getting a patch then or something? Why waiting for proteam that be good game is to easy to play for atm

1 Like

I donā€™t think weā€™ll be getting anything anytime soon.

2 Likes

Oh damm that sucks a little oh well I play the game then when everything is patched up

@JNT_BA I think weā€™ve all gone about this the wrong way. Instead of telling us when pro team is coming.

Can you confirm pro team is not coming today? :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never checked a discussion page for a video game as much as this, let alone for an unreleased game mode. When will the pain end? :rofl:

2 Likes

Preaching it to the people in the back! :joy:

Side note @JNT_BA if you could personally message us all and give us notice before BA posts on X that would be great, i get a bit excited then crushingly let down on the daily when you guys post. :joy:

If you read back a couple of comments you can see that there will be the pro team update followed by more gameplay updates.
My expectation is that wont be the end of it, if they are backing pro team in we should see somewhat continuous works on the game for the time being.

1 Like