AFL 23 - Megathread

@bptuner The progression usually happens over the pre-season, only a couple of times I’ve seen the young players gain 1-2+ overall through the year.

Older players though regress quite rapidly

It’s not half baked, AFL 23 is the most authentic video game football experience to date.

1 Like

@bptuner not in the slightest, I think 3-4 season in my high potential draft picks reached 91-92. They’ve honestly done the progression system well, sometimes their potential changes which I love

1 Like

My only disappointment is that the draft picks drop off hard after 6 or so seasons, they end up being 70 potential so no point drafting…as well as an 18 y/o you pick up apparently has 70 games under the belt

It is half baked.
Outside of play now there’s bugger all to do.
Management mode is one of the most lacking management modes across any sports game. Pro team is an illusion and online is hit and miss.

3 Likes

TBH haven’t touched the game since they announced the pro team delay. Keen to play with “Legend Max Gawn” when it finally comes out though.

2 Likes

@bptuner I’ve done the same too makes me feel like I’m really in charge!

I’ve noticed that a few players increase over time above their potential, so don’t lose faith!

Wonder why BA haven’t added the Pride Round jumpers for the AFLW yet (especially the 2023 ones) same with the 2023 Pride Round ones for the Swans and Saints. @JNT_BA I’m wondering why this was overlooked in the game, would love to see this implemented if possible

Things like that are very much in a category of we’d like to have everything. But it’s up to our partners to determine what we have. Lots of approvals and things for everything we do with teams.

3 Likes

Can you please convince your partners to allow us to re-create the Riley O’Brien kicking style?
It just seems so odd seeing that player kick “normally” :joy:

1 Like

That’s very understandable thankyou for clarifying that :+1:

At least it’s something but I’m worried on how long the last approval could take.

2 Likes

That’s some good news I guess :pray::+1:

1 Like

To be fair, this could be the exact same place we’ve been in for the last 5 weeks :tipping_hand_man:

It’s most likely Microsoft and with how long it took the game to release over there, it could be another long wait till they approve. That being said if it is indeed Microsoft the ones that haven’t approved yet

It was about 4 months if my memory serves correctly.

Am i wrong, but haven’t we been waiting for one platform this whole time?? isn’t this old news since the delay

I dont think it was ever confirmed.

From what I’ve heard we aren’t waiting on Microsoft for the last approval. I have a feeling it’s Sony but I could be wrong

1 Like

It most likely is Sony we are waiting on. They are too busy working on the PS5 Pro at the moment Sony are.