AFL 23 - Megathread

Any predictions for who wins this weekend?

Dockers get the premiership this week. 100%

Just wonderingā€¦What is a ā€œPanterā€

1 Like

I reckon my :lion:s and my :eagle:s will win their respective matches this week :muscle:

This is the mode that I think may present the most challenges in terms of difficulty because it scales up.

From what I could tell there were 18 games (1 against each side) and you had to start at the bottom of the ladder and work your way up, but you can only move up once you win / complete the current game.

I believe rewards were on offer for each.

The games progressively get more difficult, one of the higher ones was beating a team on hardest on 10 minute quarters!

3 Likes

Iā€™m a west Aussie and ngl I have no clue who eagles play this week.

How many ā€˜teamsā€™ you got mate? Lions, Eagles and Port?
Just pick one :joy:

1 Like

When did you work for Big Ant

You joined just to ask this question - what a legend you are @Pink_Panters !

5 Likes

The name is actually misleading, I wear shorts more than I wear pants. Our Pink Pants back in 2k days were elite though! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Eagles vs Saints this week and Iā€™m very optimistic about it . @BringBackTheTorp it was compulsory when I was younger to support port as my dad played for them.

You probably donā€™t have the answer, but does this reset each season? (In game, not yearly season)
I only ask as once you finish the 18 games then that mode is done?(which most people could knock out pretty quickly)

1 Like

haha thanks, itā€™s all ok though.

Larry is just winding me up, he is sitting 3m behind me watching me type this, loves to throw some shade my way! :rofl:

He was actually a big part of how the ā€˜Pink Pantersā€™ actually came about!

3 Likes

Ill see myself out!!

Iā€™m done. Any more attacks and I donā€™t care who you are. Youā€™re gone!

8 Likes

thats a good question, I donā€™t know the actual answer but looking at how the mode operates my assumption would be it would reset each time a new in game season commences.

From what they showed me they can by pretty nimble by adding things in quickly too so possibly it could be something that is on a timer and reset quicker than a season (in theory)

Like you said, people will get that completed and it wouldnā€™t make sense for it to just stay dormant as is.

@Pink_Panters Because if youā€™ve played 2k MyTeam their domination mode is pretty good - albeit ā€˜grindyā€™ for some.
You beat all regular teams then move onto historical and all time teams etc. Would be cool if once you beat the regular ladder you could face off against a couple of all stars or AA teams or something.

1 Like

The other part I didnā€™t add, and please correct me if I am wrong here @JNT_BA but I feel like there may have also been some games with objectives within them to complete as part of the way to pass the level.

e.g not only did you have to win the game on hardest with 10 minute quarters, but you had to kick 3 goals from outside 50.

I know objectives are definitely a thing, Iā€™m just not 100% sure thats where I saw some of it but it feels like it was.

Apologies if it was in a different mode though!

1 Like

Nah I get the multi teams. Iā€™m all for dockers but Iā€™ve loved following giants in the past as a second side tho not a big fan of giants thus far this year.

Which is always funny to see when there is literally nothing I can do for the mode, except play the internal version. :rofl:

2 Likes