AFL 23 - Megathread

yeah I know the exact mode you’re talking about, it does feel a bit like that in some ways, not a bad comparison actually.

Love the idea of an AA team as the ultimate prize.

1 Like

That’s very understandable and very true

Any idea who the first tug of war match will be?

Giants might be top 8 but with their performance I can’t seem the going through finals this year. That said dockers always are unpredictable especially this season. We legit won the games we shouldn’t have won then gone to lose the ones we should have won. Just pray we lose no more games this season.

1 Like

I’m not in studio today but I know the first season has been finalised. Remind me tomorrow and I’ll have a look.

3 Likes

@JNT_BA Is it possible to tell us who the ‘boss battle’ will also be?
Ill set my alarm for tomorrow :joy:

Also, not to be that guy but does that mean today is ruled out? :pleading_face:

@JNT_BA I’m surprised you haven’t copped the “why can you just release the internal version we’ve waited long enough”

2 Likes

@JNT_BA going by your ‘week wait’ comment last week… can we get something today even maybe some card photos or a short video?? :slight_smile:

@JNT_BA I’d happily pay for the ability to make a custom team in Management mode

Took a sickie to play ProTeam when it launches
Smart man !

1 Like

I’m thinking he would have wasted said ‘sick day’ then :joy:

1 Like

I’m planning on doing the same, seems like I’ll be working for a while…

1 Like

Thanks for the replies mate - had the same question as @BringBackTheTorp regarding it resetting or even how long the ‘season’ stays open for, will wait and see.
Sounds like a fairly challenging mode.

I wonder whether other members of the forum have any ideas what might be a unique mode to implement as well?

1 Like

Maybe not entirely Unique, because it was in some previous games… but historical challenges that setup match situations would be good.

i.e You’re Collingwood, 54 points down to North Melbourne at the start of the third quarter, and you need to win (with umpires being very generous to you :yum: ) .

3 Likes

This. 100% need a scenarios mode full of historical matches.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing like some ranked style mini game.
E.g. a goal kicking contest where you pick a player and then it is like a bunch of endless shots at goal and you go until you miss - points based on difficulty or distance of the shot and just have a leader board :tipping_hand_man:

4 Likes

A little bit like the nets mini game from DBC?

I’d say more like AFL 2004 I think it was with missions :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know a ton of things are already unlocked in the Play Now mode… but it would be really cool if these sorts of things could be unlocked from missions/challenges…

Maybe like new guernseys (heritage ones?), new celebration animations, stadiums or other stuff.
There would need to be a balance of what’s unlocked by default, and what would be an unlockable… and this would probably extend past Pro Team too… but just an idea.

1 Like

This sort of brings up an issue a lot of us have regarding the communication. Why do these things need streamers or content creators to come in, then post, before they can be talked about?

If talking about it is on the cards, why can’t BA just put out a quick mode run down themselves? Like “Hey guys, we know the wait sucks, while we wait though here’s a quick run down of each game mode.”

Surely if there’s an embargo on talking about the mode or features therein, having someone come in and then post about it, before having official follow ups based on that content also breaks the embargo?

These are the things we just don’t understand and honestly where so much of the community frustration comes from. “We’ll share more info as soon as we can,” but then it’s fed to a content creator to reiterate what they remember, and only then is actual info from the source provided.

Michaels/PP, don’t take any of this as a shot at you, I’m grateful for your content. It’s just the system in place makes no sense.

8 Likes

This is what I can’t understand either.
Earlier on when they didn’t know what would be finalised in the mode I get it - because obviously things are going to change.
But now is the chance to be showcasing it like crazy and trying to rebuild the hype that was there for this. It’s their IP so why wouldn’t they be able to share it.

What scares me is we didn’t see gameplay before the initial release - then we found out why.

The longer this drags on, the harder it is to be hyped for the mode.

2 Likes