AFL 23 - Megathread

yep its meant to have grindy aspects to it.

No point making everything 3.5 min quarters and everyone completes the list in a week!

2 Likes

I get what your saying to a degree but it doesnā€™t have to be easy to play the game, longevity is key really

@Border Watch the uproar when some people get there and lose on hardest and have to do 15 minute quarters again :joy:

A lot of people have never played 2k Myteam and it shows

1 Like

Yep canā€™t wait!! The same people would complain there was nothing left to do if it was the opposite

1 Like

@Border Iā€™ll get the popcorn ready, extra butter for you too?

1 Like

my point isnā€™t about rushing or not having a grind, itā€™s about the fact that if you want to play Ladder Leaders, you have to commit an hour and a half IN ONE SESSION. iā€™d rather them put 3 games of 5 minute quarters instead of one game of 15 minute quarters.

Which is exactly why itā€™s made that way, you gotta earn the xp

2 Likes

I have no contracts left and not anything to sell and not enough money to purchase a contracts pack so I canā€™t play

not sure how thatā€™s relevant to what i said? they could just make 3 games of 5 minute quarters that are worth less xp each. my point is about allowing players to grind at their own pace.

iā€™ve got hundreds of hours on each fifa in the last 6 years. fairly often iā€™ll get to the end of each season ladder. BUT even EA doesnā€™t make you play 20 minute halves on ultimate team.

1 Like

@chenny420 Which ladders on fifa?

2k Myteam has the exact same mode and they have 10 minute quarters on the last few to be completed

i put out a video about this but make sure you hold onto all your cards.

this will help with being able to swap players in if contracts run out.

What do I do now I canā€™t play

the season xp ladder, not a game mode, my bad i should have clarified.

iā€™m not familiar with 2k myteam, i only really play mynba (10 minute quarters coincidentally).

i only raise the point of the fifa season ladder to show that im not averse to the ā€œgrindā€ of a game. i just donā€™t like that 15 minute quarters forces you to sit down and commit an hour and a half to play the game, without the ability to save and quit. using fifa as my example, its online modes use 6 minute halves, offline modes use between 4-6 minute halves. theres plenty of ā€œgrindā€ on the season ladder, but at least each game only takes 20 minutes at most, so youā€™re quickly in and out of each match.

1 Like

Some people here need to be grateful for what we have , I think so far Iā€™m pretty impressed with what Pro team is.

The depth of options are great, to say now I can play this game mode with a sport I love , Iā€™m over the moon.

5 Likes

What do I do now I have nothing

@chenny420 Yeah completely fair, if you havenā€™t been exposed to MyTeam domination mode then it can come as a huge surprise. I guess (and the way Iā€™ll approach it) is that Iā€™ll have the mentality that this hour is going toward that one matchā€¦so itā€™s an achievement within itself.

1 Like

You have every single player with no contracts? Even spare players?

I have no spares not everyone in my main team is off contract itā€™s only a couple

iā€™ll give you one tip mate going forward, you need to set up your teams so in offline mode when the game difficulties are easiest/easy etc play games with your bronze and silvers.

only use your best squad for online or when the AI teams are 89 plus overall.

1 Like

better hope you donā€™t loseā€¦